2020-2021 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II! No email yet, just updated status on portal! Verified 5/27, Secondary received 6/16, Submitted 6/16

Omg same! This is my first interview and top choice program. I’m so excited.

Stats: below average undergraduate GPAs, average/above average graduate GPAs, above average MCAT. Non-trad, strong commitment to rural family medicine reflected in personal statement and ECs.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Omg same! This is my first interview and top choice program. I’m so excited.

Stats: below average undergraduate GPAs, average/above average graduate GPAs, above average MCAT. Non-trad, strong commitment to rural family medicine reflected in personal statement and ECs.

Did you already get an interview invite? Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an II! So they won't be doing online interviews I'm assuming? Also I have to choose a date but I'm unsure about when since I wasn't expecting an invite this early, so is it likely that interview dates will be filled up soon if I don't choose a date today?

II this morning as well - Had no idea that those could be going out so soon. They also initially sent out details for an in-person interview in Erie but just sent a follow-up/correction that all interviews will, in fact, be virtual.

From what I can tell on their portal you can schedule as early as July and as late as December. Does anyone know if there is any merit to scheduling a later interview?

For instance, my understanding is that LECOM requires a non-refundable $1,500 deposit within 30 days of acceptance, if accepted prior to December 31st (might have even seen $2,000 on their website...?). But I would feel pretty silly taking an unnecessarily early interview slot and risking losing that deposit if accepted to another program I might be more interested in later in the fall, when I wouldn't expect II's from those programs until August.

II this morning as well - Had no idea that those could be going out so soon. They also initially sent out details for an in-person interview in Erie but just sent a follow-up/correction that all interviews will, in fact, be virtual.

From what I can tell on their portal you can schedule as early as July and as late as December. Does anyone know if there is any merit to scheduling a later interview?

For instance, my understanding is that LECOM requires a non-refundable $1,500 deposit within 30 days of acceptance, if accepted prior to December 31st (might have even seen $2,000 on their website...?). But I would feel pretty silly taking an unnecessarily early interview slot and risking losing that deposit if accepted to another program I might be more interested in later in the fall, when I wouldn't expect II's from those programs until August.
Also received II and in a similar dilemma! It is very nice to have an interview offer this early but I'm also doing a SMP at a MD-linked program and wont know if I eventually get into the MD until next May! So if we interview and happen to get an acceptance, we have to essentially pay 1500 to hold a spot :dead: This process is so brutal on the wallet!

Reactions: 1 user
Did you already get an interview invite? Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, this morning. Thank you!

I think in general, the earlier you schedule the better your chances, since it's rolling admissions and the class will start filling up. Last year's thread seems to indicate that early interviewees had the option of receiving an admissions decision by September 30th, with 30 days after that to put down the deposit, or wait until November for a decision. No idea if that will be the case this year.

I'm going to schedule as early as possible (waiting until they send the correction email with the updated virtual interview information).

II received! I only got the email that said the interview would be in-person, where did you see that it will be virtual @MaesterDean ?

Email from the Director of Admissions:

"CORRECTION TO INTERVIEW INVITE: Virtual Interviews

...You may have just received an email inviting you to interview... PLEASE DISREGARD THIS EMAIL! You have been selected for an interview, however, the instructions you were sent were from last year. LECOM will be conducting all virtual interviews and the corrected instructions will be sent to you shortly..."

And @voppp yes, I submitted my AACOMAS with my MCAT on 5/19, received & submitted LECOM secondary 6/16

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone with interviews. Did you all submit secondaries on basically the first day they came out for LECOM? LIke 01/16?

Those of you with IIs, do you already have your mcats in?
Yes, I had my MCAT submitted to AACOMAS.

Congrats to everyone with interviews. Did you all submit secondaries on basically the first day they came out for LECOM? LIke 01/16?
Yes, received and submitted on 6/16.

It looks like the time and date selection on the portal is for an information session on Zoom (Thursdays and Fridays, 10 AM EST, through at least December), and the actual interview is asynchronous (3 questions, 1.5 minutes to respond to each). Once both are in, you are considered complete and sent to the committee for final review.

Me waiting for an interview like..

Congrats all btw!

1593199554040.png

Reactions: 12 users
For those of us w/o MCAT: Do you think we need to be patient and wait until next week to potentially get IIs?

I apologize for the questions. Pandemic + MCAT studying = Morale = Low.

Reactions: 1 users
For those of us w/o MCAT: Do you think we need to be patient and wait until next week to potentially get IIs?

yeah my Mcat isn’t in and I’ve looked at past threads and it seems like LECOM normally does things in trends so they’re probably looking at people with Mcat first then they’ll get over to us

yeah my Mcat isn’t in and I’ve looked at past threads and it seems like LECOM normally does things in trends so they’re probably looking at people with Mcat first then they’ll get over to us

Do you know how long the difference in time was until they started looking at us those without our MCAT and just our AIS? I think I read that if we have the AIS we had a shot at an II?

Also using AIS and nothing yet.

Idk. I get my score in less than two weeks but I sent in my AIS. They aren’t really giving us any love yet.

Feeling kind of bummed about the asynchronous interview format (although I’m still thrilled to have an interview, of course). Interviewing is one of my strengths and I have an interesting, non-traditional story, and 4.5 minutes total sure isn’t much time to display any of that. I’m wondering if this severely abbreviated interview format means interviews are more of a formality this year and they’re planning to weigh stats/PS/ECs/LORs more heavily.

Reactions: 2 users
Feeling kind of bummed about the asynchronous interview format (although I’m still thrilled to have an interview, of course). Interviewing is one of my strengths and I have an interesting, non-traditional story, and 4.5 minutes total sure isn’t much time to display any of that. I’m wondering if this severely abbreviated interview format means interviews are more of a formality this year and they’re planning to weigh stats/PS/ECs/LORs more heavily.
I hear interviews are a formality

Do you know how long the difference in time was until they started looking at us those without our MCAT and just our AIS? I think I read that if we have the AIS we had a shot at an II?
I didn’t check but I heard kids got in on those threads using AIS, I think if you fall in 114-120 range we just gotta sit pretty and hope it works out

For those of you who did get II, was Erie your first campus choice?

Keep your head up! If it makes you feel any better, this is my third? fourth? time applying. Don't even remember. It's a long cycle. The best thing you can do fo yourself is to focus on your MCAT studying and forget about when you'll receive an interview because it is out of your control. MCAT is in your control. Keep on at it!

Reactions: 2 users
Keep your head up! If it makes you feel any better, this is my third? fourth? time applying. Don't even remember. It's a long cycle. The best thing you can do fo yourself is to focus on your MCAT studying and forget about when you'll receive an interview because it is out of your control. MCAT is in your control. Keep on at it!

Wow. You are very resilient! You will make a phenomenal doctor. I appreciate this so much, thank you.

For those of you who did get II, was Erie your first campus choice?
Yes, I had the campuses ranked Erie, Seton Hill, Elmira. No one has posted about a SH or Elmira II, so maybe they're going in waves starting with Erie? Not too sure how that works.

Yes, I had the campuses ranked Erie, Seton Hill, Elmira. No one has posted about a SH or Elmira II, so maybe they're going in waves starting with Erie? Not too sure how that works.
That’s actually what I was wondering... my first choice was Elmira and was curious if anyone else had the same; nonetheless, congratulations, I wish you the best of luck on your interview :)

What we were told last cycle is that after you interview for Erie, SH or Elmira, your file gets sent to Erie (regardless of the campus you interviewed at) and the adcom there decides if they would like to accept/alternate list/reject you. From there, if they choose to accept you, they will see what availability they have at their locations based on your learning pathway selection.

I am unsure if Erie is the ONLY adcom that chooses what applicants to interview, or if there are separate committees at each campus that have a say in who they interview. If this is the case, that would probably be why people have only received IIs from Erie, and we should be expecting more to come for Elmira or SH soon. It would be interested to see if someone knows the answer to this? Regardless, this is a whacky cycle so who really knows.

What we were told last cycle is that after you interview for Erie, SH or Elmira, your file gets sent to Erie (regardless of the campus you interviewed at) and the adcom there decides if they would like to accept/alternate list/reject you. From there, if they choose to accept you, they will see what availability they have at their locations based on your learning pathway selection.

I am unsure if Erie is the ONLY adcom that chooses what applicants to interview, or if there are separate committees at each campus that have a say in who they interview. If this is the case, that would probably be why people have only received IIs from Erie, and we should be expecting more to come for Elmira or SH soon. It would be interested to see if someone knows the answer to this? Regardless, this is a whacky cycle so who really knows.
I spoke with an Elmira admissions representative last week who gave me the impression they were separate Adcoms, but she also didn’t make that totally clear, and to be fair, I didn’t specifically ask either ‍♀️

Wow. You are very resilient! You will make a phenomenal doctor. I appreciate this so much, thank you.
Haha thank you, I appreciate that. Repeating this process has certainly made me more humble. I promise you there will be light at the end of this long tunnel! You got this, rooting for you!

Haha thank you, I appreciate that. Repeating this process has certainly made me more humble. I promise you there will be light at the end of this long tunnel! You got this, rooting for you!

You too sir. Who knows, we could be classmates one day :)

Is this for Dental school?

For those that applied to LECOM - Bradenton, did you receive a secondary in your email or the LECOM portal? Thank you!

Is this for Dental school?

No, the osteopathic school. I was pre-dental for a hot minute a million years ago, then life took me in a different direction.

No, the osteopathic school. I was pre-dental for a hot minute a million years ago, then life took me in a different direction.

Congrats on your interview!! You will do well. DO you know if they began sending interview invites for Seton Hill?

Congrats on your interview!! You will do well. DO you know if they began sending interview invites for Seton Hill?
So far it looks like only IIs for Erie have gone out

So...if you didn't get an II does that mean that you've had a silent rejection? Or does it not work that way?

Thanks guys!

General question. I got my app verified with just one school, because I wasn't sure if I should submit with an updated MCAT score. I have a score from a year ago that is pretty bad and won't have an updated score until mid-August. So, should I still submit my app to a few schools, or will having an old score just looks bad? A bit conflicted.

So...if you didn't get an II does that mean that you've had a silent rejection? Or does it not work that way?

Thanks guys!
No, it's very early in the cycle and admissions is rolling, meaning, after they start interviewing the first wave of applicants more IIs will get sent out, they will interview those people, send out more IIs and so on.

No, it's very early in the cycle and admissions is rolling, meaning, after they start interviewing the first wave of applicants more IIs will get sent out, they will interview those people, send out more IIs and so on.

Ah I see thank you! I submitted on the 18th after getting the secondary on the 16th same as the others though. So I'm just wondering here since I was a part of that first cohort if that means it was just basically filtered out or if its still sitting in the pile somewhere.

Ah I see thank you! I submitted on the 18th after getting the secondary on the 16th same as the others though. So I'm just wondering here since I was a part of that first cohort if that means it was just basically filtered out or if its still sitting in the pile somewhere.
Nope, from what I understand they constantly revisit apps throughout the cycle. Keeping in mind, it doesn't sound like any IIs have gone out yet for SH or Elmira.