2020-2021 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got notice that I'm on the waitlist for LECOM Seton Hill! Interviewed 9/18 :)

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how the campus rank preference works? Like will you be considered at all for your second choice? I ranked Erie first and Elmira second and am realizing that might’ve been a mistake. As a NY resident I probably should have selected Elmira first.

You're first considered for your first choice - so PBL-Erie (and if it's full) then your second choice PBL-Elmira. If you are interested in Elmira, I'd amend your rankings!

Elmira has more PBL seats (if that's what you're interested in) and you'd be more likely to get an acceptance sooner.

I just received an II for LECOM Erie. I have a few questions. For others who received interviews to Erie around this time, are there also no interview spots available until February in scheduling area? Also, does anyone know what the post-II acceptance rate is or the number of people they offer interviews to?
Thanks.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Portal change just now for 9/30 Seton Hill!

Any 10/16 portal change? I hope they get it done before thanksgiving

Hmm. I did my info session 11/5, so seeing the September and October people still not get a decision back makes me worried on how long it’ll be. I’ll probably won’t hear back until 2021 then, especially with the holidays coming up.

• Sad
Waitlisted for Elmira today Congratulations to everyone who got accepted!

Reactions: 2 users
I just received an II for LECOM Erie. I have a few questions. For others who received interviews to Erie around this time, are there also no interview spots available until February in scheduling area? Also, does anyone know what the post-II acceptance rate is or the number of people they offer interviews to?
Thanks.
I am in the exact same position :)

Thanks.
Do you mind sharing your stats? Im still waiting on a response :/

The earliest information session I could register for was in March. Is there any advantage to submitting the interview video now vs a day before the information session?

Last edited:
The earliest information session I could register for was in March. Is there any advantage to submitting the interview video now vs a day before the information session?
You’re joking?! I got an invite in mid Oct and the soonest I picked was first week of Nov. Interviews are filling up this quickly?! I feel like with most interviews being virtual and no travel/hotel costs this year, no one is declining their invites.

Notified I was placed on the alternate list on 11/16. Second year applicant. Interviewed in august. What are the odds of getting a seat?

Notified I was placed on the alternate list on 11/16. Second year applicant. Interviewed in august. What are the odds of getting a seat?
wondering the same thing. Interviewed in September and was alternate list in mid October (opted for ED)

You're first considered for your first choice - so PBL-Erie (and if it's full) then your second choice PBL-Elmira. If you are interested in Elmira, I'd amend your rankings!

Elmira has more PBL seats (if that's what you're interested in) and you'd be more likely to get an acceptance sooner.
Do you know if there’s a way I can change the rankings on the portal? Unsure of how to do so, or I guess an email might suffice.

II received, secondary sent 9/15. I'm trying to do the interview ASAP but the first date available to schedule the zoom was March 5th. Should I try and ask admissions for an earlier information seminar date or does this not affect my completion status?

II received, secondary sent 9/15. I'm trying to do the interview ASAP but the first date available to schedule the zoom was March 5th. Should I try and ask admissions for an earlier information seminar date or does this not affect my completion status?

My understanding is that you’re not complete until you do the info session.

My portal changed monday and still haven’t gotten anything in the mail yet. Been a stressful week!

Portal changed today. My zoom was 10/16 Elmira. Does anyone else have a new "supplemental application status" underneath their "view admissions status" button? Or has that always been there lol.

Portal changed today. My zoom was 10/16 Elmira. Does anyone else have a new "supplemental application status" underneath their "view admissions status" button? Or has that always been there lol.

Boooo come on mine is still on "you will be notified" :p

Yeah the supplemental application status is new but I don't think it means anything lol

Boooo come on mine is still on "you will be notified" :p

Yeah the supplemental application status is new but I don't think it means anything lol
We're both 10/15 Erie, so I'm counting on both of us to find out the exact moment when that portal change hits looool

• Haha
We're both 10/15 Erie, so I'm counting on both of us to find out the exact moment when that portal change hits looool
I just really wanna get my decision before my other deposit is due 12/14 lol

• Care
Just to clarify, all statuses will be sent through the mail? So waitlist or rejections are also through the mail? All we get on the portal is a decision has been made notification?

Just to clarify, all statuses will be sent through the mail? So waitlist or rejections are also through the mail? All we get on the portal is a decision has been made notification?
All statuses are through mail! However, a few people have been lucky enough to get their acceptance via phone call (but not always).

So, I was waitlisted here last year. I’m wondering what the chances are that I’ll be waitlisted again. Has anybody here been waitlisted 2 years in a row?

So, I was waitlisted here last year. I’m wondering what the chances are that I’ll be waitlisted again. Has anybody here been waitlisted 2 years in a row?

Me too! Fingers crossed we get in this time! I did hear of someone being waitlisted twice here and getting in the third time, but that’s just one person, not sure how common it is.

Me too! Fingers crossed we get in this time! I did hear of someone being waitlisted twice here and getting in the third time, but that’s just one person, not sure how common it is.

Hopefully this is our year! I don’t know if I can take another cycle of being stuck in waitlist purgatory.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Same! I was waitlisted at both Bradenton and Erie last year! But it’s important to stay positive!

interviewed 10/2 and USPS Informed Delivery says my letter is in the mail today. YIKES

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed 10/9 for Elmira
Got the portal update on Monday, this week i've been an anxious mess still waiting on my letterrrrr

So i just completed my interview today and I was wondering if we send our thank you note to Alyssa