2020-2021 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think this is our week.
Not to be a Debbie downer, but I highly doubt we're gonna get a letter this week, considering we haven't even had portal changes yet haha

Members don't see this ad.

Not to be a Debbie downer, but I highly doubt we're gonna get a letter this week, considering we haven't even had portal changes yet haha

Oh I'm not expecting a letter this week, I'm hopeful for a portal change though lol

My info session was 10/9 for Elmira, my letter is coming in the mail today according to USPS Informed Delivery! I'll update soon :) Praying for good news!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My portal changed late last week (I think fri but I dont' feel like looking through my post history lol). No letter yet haha. I live in new england some I'm kinda surprised.

Reactions: 1 users
Tomorrow is their last day before breaking till Monday. I have every confidence we will see portal changes either today or tomorrow. That means letters maybe Friday or Saturday. On the other hand, there is a possibility our portals won’t change and letters can arrive in our mailboxes. Who knows? This is a big guessing game.
Your faith gives me faith :)

Reactions: 1 user
Is anyone in the same boat as me? Applied in July and still haven't heard a word

alternate at Elmira 10/16 session

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Super low mcat 497 and gpa 3.4 for both.
I wonder if I would ever get pull off of the waitlist 😭
Similar gpa but my mcat is a bit higher. I was complete in early October so my expectations aren't too high when it comes to getting a II even.

Alternate list 9/30 SH for the second year in a row, we’ll see if it moves any different this year!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
I emailed Alyssa last week about the admissions timeline (interviewed for SH 9/24 and put Erie as my priority) and she said the committee is backed up and she can’t provide an estimate of when to expect a portal change 😭

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I emailed Alyssa last week about the admissions timeline (interviewed for SH 9/24 and put Erie as my priority) and she said the committee is backed up and she can’t provide an estimate of when to expect a portal change 😭
Rip....

• Care
Well sheeeeeit, I really thought this would be our week 10/15 guys

Part of me wants to complain about that because people have families or need to apply to SMPs, etc. I know they’re busy but it’s frustrating
They better compensate us mid-october applicants with a decent amount of acceptances. It seems like everyone has been getting waitlisted on this thread lately.

how many interviews do you guys think they gave out?
Judging by the amount of pages on this thread (58 pages) I would assume a decent amount of interviews have been given out. But yet again, LECOM has a lot of spots to fill (Erie, SH, Elmira) so I think there's still a lot of interviews yet to be given out.

Part of me wants to complain about that because people have families or need to apply to SMPs, etc. I know they’re busy but it’s frustrating
And I mean dropping $2k I didn't need to for another school's deposit would be a mega bummer lol

i had a question about the Zoom session. In the email they send with the link, they say that you should participate and to ask a question using the raised hand icon. In all sessions, I had my hand raised but they never called on me to ask the question. In addition, it looked like they chose the same people to call on for the different sessions. I don’t know how they choose the people to call on.

What do you think they mean by participation if they don’t even call on you? Would it look negative from an interview perspective since I never got a chance to speak?

i had a question about the Zoom session. In the email they send with the link, they say that you should participate and to ask a question using the raised hand icon. In all sessions, I had my hand raised but they never called on me to ask the question. In addition, it looked like they chose the same people to call on for the different sessions. I don’t know how they choose the people to call on.

What do you think they mean by participation if they don’t even call on you? Would it look negative from an interview perspective since I never got a chance to speak?
I honestly would not worry about it whatsoever

I mean as much as I understand how busy they are, other schools are sending acceptances in a pretty normal amount of time as well. 10/15 hasn’t heard back that’s over a month for a decision, I think Acom send some a’s out in 6 days 😑

Reactions: 5 users
Haha, same! Just holding out now for a response soon, God willing ;) Good luck!

is there a waitlist letter and an alternate letter or are both the same?

Caveat: LECOM is my top choice for many reasons including academics, PBL, match lists, and more.

But you do have to wonder if this lends any credence to complaints we have all read on SDN, Reddit, etc?
This is exactly what I was telling my SO. How can I trust a school in other matters, if they can't even be honest with their admissions decision timeline?

Still no portal change from 9/25 info session has me nervous 😬

Welpp

Attachments

• 8AC6A53F-3112-4DFA-B714-63FC10DF6DF1.png
    8AC6A53F-3112-4DFA-B714-63FC10DF6DF1.png
    303.3 KB · Views: 173
This is crazy. I don’t have the option to deposit at another school sadly but I feel for you guys that do!!

Do you guys get an email/text when the portal changes? or do I need to keep checking manually?

Do you guys get an email/text when the portal changes? or do I need to keep checking manually?
I didn't get a text for a portal change. The only time I've ever gotten a text was for my II. I also did not get an email for portal change, looks like you just have to keep checking every few hours.

I didn't get a text for a portal change. The only time I've ever gotten a text was for my II. I also did not get an email for portal change, looks like you just have to keep checking every few hours.
I check it every 10 minutes like a psychopath so we good

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
What did the portal status change to? What does it say when they've made a decision?

Something like "the committee has made a decision on your application. You should expect to receive the decision in the mail within 14 days," or something like that.

currently on the alternate list at seton hill - would I send email Alyssa an update if I were gonna send one? Kind of early to send one now but was thinking of sending one in January?

has anyone been accepted to Elmira (or any campus) with just AIS no MCAT?

hey guys, I keep hearing about the early decision/regular decision folks, but when I interviewed in the last week of September, I never even remember this being discussed. When was this option given?