2020-2021 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey guys, I keep hearing about the early decision/regular decision folks, but when I interviewed in the last week of September, I never even remember this being discussed. When was this option given?
because the early decision crowd was supposed to hear back by the end of september, so in order to be eligible to select the early decision timeline, you would've had to interview earlier. I believe the last group to be eligible was early possibly mid september.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
My info session was 10/9 for Elmira, my letter is coming in the mail today according to USPS Informed Delivery! I'll update soon :) Praying for good news!
Update: I was placed on the alternate list. It seems like almost everyone here has been placed on it so far too. I know LECOM's alternate list is pretty active and they're constantly moving students to accepted, but does anyone know how soon they start to move on the list? January, February...?

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
has anyone been accepted to Elmira (or any campus) with just AIS no MCAT?
I was accepted to SH before my MCAT was released. I applied back in June and I’ve been a PA for 7 years. Chose early decision. cGPA: 3.7, sGPA: 3.9+. AIS 118. Incidentally, my MCAT is 506.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
because the early decision crowd was supposed to hear back by the end of september, so in order to be eligible to select the early decision timeline, you would've had to interview earlier. I believe the last group to be eligible was early possibly mid september.
This was very helpful, thank you ;)

So who the heck are they accepting??

All the ED applicants. Even though they make the decision before looking at your pathway selection form (and before knowing which decision release you prefer), I'd say 80%+ people who interviewed early picked ED, and LECOM uses rolling admissions in their decision making even if they don't release those decisions on a rolling basis. If you pick reg decision, then it's obvious they're not your top choice, so of course they're picking ED people first (and i"m not being sarcastic/judgey I just couldn't think of a nice way to word that lol). Plus if you think about it, people interviewing after the ED deadline are, for the most part, not their top choice applicants since they're not interviewing in the first several waves.

Reactions: 5 users
UPDATE: Portal change just now. Holy cow I'm so nervous LOL

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
And now I’m checking compulsively.

But then I realized getting a portal change is analogous to getting a promise ring. Great so we get a notification we will be notified.

Right lol. I’m just glad I’ll know in time for the deposits to work out. I sorta butchered my video so I won’t be shocked if it’s a fat R

Members don't see this ad :)
i was 9/25 at eerie as well, my status changed on the 16th but still nothing in the mail..... what the heck lmao
are you from west coast by any chance?? i’m in cali w/ portal change on 16th and still waiting anxiously for mail xD

Reactions: 1 user
not sure if this has happened to anyone, but I attended an information session on 10/2, and still have not heard back. Would not think anything of it, except people from earlier interview sessions heard back, and I just checked my portal and it still says that my application is under review? Anyone experience something similar?

Thanks in advance.

are you from west coast by any chance?? i’m in cali w/ portal change on 16th and still waiting anxiously for mail xD
I was hoping they'd take into consideration west coast and mail us our letters earlier lololol, guess not.

Update: I was placed on the alternate list. It seems like almost everyone here has been placed on it so far too. I know LECOM's alternate list is pretty active and they're constantly moving students to accepted, but does anyone know how soon they start to move on the list? January, February...?
How do you know that they are moving students off of the list?

Do they send a notification they received your letter to be placed on the waitlist? I think it is ridiculous they make us mail it, it’s 2020 let us send an email.

Do they send a notification they received your letter to be placed on the waitlist? I think it is ridiculous they make us mail it, it’s 2020 let us send an email.
Yes, they will confirm they have received your letter (through email).

Reactions: 1 users
Yes, they will confirm they have received your letter (through email).
I didn't get a confirmation email for Elmira, but my portal updated to something like "We have received your confirmation to accept a seat on the alternate list... you will be notified of any changes in your status"

How do you know that they are moving students off of the list?
Previous LECOM threads, the interview info session, plus current LECOM students I've spoken to have all stated they constantly move students off the alternate list

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
I’m becoming incredibly anxious. Info session on 9/24 and no portal change yet. Feeling like this will be an R and it’s the only II I’ve had so far 😖

• Care
I’m becoming incredibly anxious. Info session on 9/24 and no portal change yet. Feeling like this will be an R and it’s the only II I’ve had so far 😖
Mine just changed yesterday from the same session. You got this!

• Care
Hey guys. I received an interview invite this morning to LECOM Elmira. Would anyone who interviewed already be able to share some insight/experiences?

Happy Thanksgiving guys! Just a reminder to those still waiting for a portal change (including myself) to take the day off from neurotically checking every 10 minutes. Use this day to spend time with your families, and be thankful for even making it this far!!!! 😁

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Is anyone in the same boat as me? Applied in July and still haven't heard a word
Same. To the point where i forgot I even applied here. Luckily have an A already.

Does anyone know the email for their admissions team so that I can send an update to them

Got my letter today, alternate for Elmira. Not surprised since my asynchronous interview definitely could've gone better and I didn't participate at the info session.

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Got my letter today, alternate for Elmira. Not surprised since my asynchronous interview definitely could've gone better and I didn't participate at the info session.
Do you think it was the lack of participation? I feel like there wasn’t much opportunity to participate in the first place besides the mock PBL session and the Q/A. Even then, during both, it was the same 5 people talking out of 29.

Do you think it was the lack of participation? I feel like there wasn’t much opportunity to participate in the first place besides the mock PBL session and the Q/A. Even then, during both, it was the same 5 people talking out of 29.

Idk. We didn't do a mock PBL session, I forget why. Yeah, it was pretty much the same few people who participated in my group too. But I really have no idea -to be honest I wasn't really engaged at all in my session, and I will likely be declining my spot on the alternate list so it can go to someone else who wants/needs it. It seems like a great school for others, but I just really haven't vibed with it and I have acceptances that I'm really excited about. I don't want to take the spot of someone who is interested. My point is, if you didn't participate much I don't think you should worry, I literally zoned out after a while and I'm sure that showed haha. Zoom presentations are not my thing.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
10/30 anyone?
Idk. We didn't do a mock PBL session, I forget why. Yeah, it was pretty much the same few people who participated in my group too. But I really have no idea -to be honest I wasn't really engaged at all in my session, and I will likely be declining my spot on the alternate list so it can go to someone else who wants/needs it. It seems like a great school for others, but I just really haven't vibed with it and I have acceptances that I'm really excited about. I don't want to take the spot of someone who is interested. My point is, if you didn't participate much I don't think you should worry, I literally zoned out after a while and I'm sure that showed haha. Zoom presentations are not my thing.
Seems like most people are getting alternates, I feel like they might just be holding out intentionally to take a look at the applicant pool. I’m Anxiously waiting for the likely let down.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone been accepted off alternate for Erie yet? If so how many and if not when do they usually start accepting off that list?

Bit of a ridiculous question here, but does it matter how soon the waitlist conformation letter is submitted as long as it is before the deadline?

I had 55 in my session!

Waitlisted for Erie, 507 MCAT, 3.3 undergrad, 3.8 Grad, OS. Little disappointed, but I'm praying for some upcoming waitlist movement :). Good luck everyone!

P.S. for those of you who were waitlisted, was there anything in your letter discussing "your application was looked at favorably" and anything about a $500 deposit? I read some people got letters like that in last year's application cycle.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Waitlisted for Erie, 507 MCAT, 3.3 undergrad, 3.8 Grad, OS. Little disappointed, but I'm praying for some upcoming waitlist movement :). Good luck everyone!

P.S. for those of you who were waitlisted, was there anything in your letter discussing "your application was looked at favorably" and anything about a $500 deposit? I read some people got letters like that in last year's application cycle.

Did you interview for Erie or rank it first from another locations interview?

Did you interview for Erie or rank it first from another locations interview?
I interviewed at SH, but listed Erie as my first choice since I was most comfortable with the Lecture pathway.