2020-2021 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think I put Elmira as my last choice and that's where my WL spot is. Or maybe somewhere in the middle, I don't remember, but it definitely wasn't first. I wonder how they're placing WL spots for the different campuses?

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Dang so I wonder how they're going to place people who had a top choice different from where they interviewed

Dang so I wonder how they're going to place people who had a top choice different from where they interviewed

I had interviewed at Elmira. Like I said, don't remember where I ranked it, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't first.

Members don't see this ad :)
any tips to help ease the stress of preparing for the video interview? it's my first interview! Been trying to research after work. zoom session is later in December!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
any tips to help ease the stress of preparing for the video interview? it's my first interview! Been trying to research after work. zoom session is later in December!
Congratulations on your first interview! I would recommend you to research the school curriculum and culture and record yourself answering general interview questions. For the asynchronous video, just be yourself and put on a big smile on your face. You've got this. BTW, can I ask you how you were able to schedule the Zoom interview in December? I completed my video interview last week but wasn't able to schedule the info session until March.

Reactions: 2 users
I just got II from elmira. I got scheduled for an interview on January 8th. Is that too late?

I just got II from elmira. I got scheduled for an interview on January 8th. Is that too late?
It's not too late until all seats have been filled. If the interview date is available, it's definitely not too late. Schools aren't going to waste time and resources on interviewing if it's too late. :)

Practice the first question, its given to you "Tell me about yourself, Why DO" combo question. Have a list of activities nearbyyou can refer to in between questions for things you definitely want to refer back to. Other than that, relax, answer honestly and succinctly, and smile! Some questions felt Casper like, sometimes you will just answer a question without necessarily referring to your own experience.

Got an II late September and scheduled my info session for 12/11. Just withdraw my application pre-interview! Hope it goes to one of you!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I interviewed 10/16 it's been 45 days since my interview. I would like an acceptance here but at the same time I have psychologically moved on from this school and have started focusing my energy on other schools.

Haven't even gotten a portal change yet

• Care
Did you get the email from Ms. Kalivoda?
Yes, I did and all I got from it was decisions will be made before December 15th which is just about 2 months after I interviewed and because of the way mailing is moving now, I probably will not get the letter until after Christmas. So that puts me into possibly early January without an update of my decision from this school. The biggest factor for me here is the money, I need to know if I should save up $2000 for the school's deposit or if I should waste money freely for the holiday season.

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I did and all I got from it was decisions will be made before December 15th which is just about 2 months after I interviewed and because of the way mailing is moving now, I probably will not get the letter until after Christmas. So that puts me into possibly early January without an update of my decision from this school. The biggest factor for me here is the money, I need to know if I should save up $2000 for the school's deposit or if I should waste money freely for the holiday season.

FWIW I interviewed on 10/15 and got a portal change about an hour after Ms. Kalivoda's email

Does anyone know when 11/6 info session will be hearing back?

At my session (11/18) they said any regular decision who interviewed prior to 11/15, wouldn't hear until 11/15 at the earliest, but interviews after that date will hear within 30 days +/- the holidays.

Someone else feel free to correct me if I misunderstood!

10/30 and it seems info sessions before me still haven’t heard. Really hoping some movement occurs before Christmas

Anyone from 9/30 session get their stuff in the mail yet? Mine has said it should be coming but no hard copy yet.

Anyone from 9/30 session get their stuff in the mail yet? Mine has said it should be coming but no hard copy yet.

I did for Seton Hill, not sure where you interviewed. If you go to the usps website, you can sign up for something called informed delivery, and they’ll send you a picture of any mail you have arriving. Might be nice to give you a better idea of when your letter is arriving!

• Love
I have the info session this Friday, any tips on what to expect?

I did for Seton Hill, not sure where you interviewed. If you go to the usps website, you can sign up for something called informed delivery, and they’ll send you a picture of any mail you have arriving. Might be nice to give you a better idea of when your letter is arriving!
Thank you! Mind sharing when you got it?

Are You a Current LECOM-Bradenton Student? If So, I Have Some Questions About The PBL Curriculum and Clinical Rotations

I was accepted to LECOM-Bradenton and have already paid my deposit however, I have looked deeply into the PBL Curriculum and Clinical Rotations offered at LECOM-B but still have some questions which need to be answered.

If you are a current student attending LECOM-Bradenton please private message me so we can discuss this in detail. Thank you!

Alternate list at Elmira, info session was 10/02.

• Care
Has anyone been accepted to Elmira, feels like I only read alternates lately.

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone been accepted to Elmira, feels like I only read alternates lately.
I have! info session 9/18 and was RD (not early decision) and received my letter 2 weeks ago. Elmira was my 1st choice. LM 69

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Alternate for Erie today. Bummed but I messed up the asynchronous so I’m not surprised

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
I just received the mail today and I was placed in the alternate list for Erie. It’s really hard to do asynchronous video for me.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Emailed Elmira to see what the wait times could be and they answered 30-60 days from info session date.

Sorry to hear that but you have an A somewhere else, no? Take the guarantee if you do.

LECOM is turning our hair grey.

Yeah I guess I'll just run with my A lol. It's been fun y'all ;)

Anyone know if it matters how quickly we accept our alternate spot as long as its before the deadline? I haven't been able to get a stamp so its been a minute.

Yeah, I really wonder what they are going to do with this alternate list. Everyone seems to be getting alternate. Have people got rejections?

Yeah, I really wonder what they are going to do with this alternate list. Everyone seems to be getting alternate. Have people got rejections?
Some have post II. You have to go back a while to find them also remember most people don’t post the R

I’m not sure I agree with the last part. I’ve seen a number of folks bring up their R. Anecdotally I’ve shared my R from another program. Also, Lecom has a massive number of applicants and is the busiest thread in DO forum. Based on the numbers, I’m sure we would have more Rs in the forum.

I’ll be honest, I’ve never seen an R from
Lecom. I’m curious if an interview for them is nearly an automatic accept or waitlist.
And the last part is kind of what I was trying to get at. I mean I’ve seen ALOT of alternates. That’s why I’m almost in wonder if that’s the case.

I mean to be fair I seriously seriously don't know how I didn't get an R from how zoned out I was at the info session lol. Like, literally. So you might be on to something, especially since it seems LECOM needs a fairly extensive waitlist due to people withdrawing A's and how large their class sizes are.

I’ll be honest I had an advantage in the info session/PBL demo because of my background. Not sure if it makes a difference.

We didn't have a PBL demo in mine. But I just... couldn't force myself to pay attention since a lot of what they were saying is on the website or stuff I didn't care about haha. My point was, I feel like I was prime rejectable material based on that and my horrible asynchronous interview, so if I didn't get rejected post-II I don't think anyone is lol.

I’m not sure I agree with the last part. I’ve seen a number of folks bring up their R. Anecdotally I’ve shared my R from another program. Also, Lecom has a massive number of applicants and is the busiest thread in DO forum. Based on the numbers, I’m sure we would have more Rs in the forum.

I’ll be honest, I’ve never seen an R from
Lecom. I’m curious if an interview for them is nearly an automatic accept or waitlist.
From my experience and what I’ve seen, it’s either an acceptance or an alternative. I also have never seen a post II rejection. The alternate list is ranked. As the new year starts, around closer to July (a few weeks before), LECOM will close the cycle earlier for some people, so they essentially aren’t being considered anymore and will get a rejection and the pool of waitlist will get smaller and smaller.

I agree with this discussion. Like I have stated previously, I believe they are mostly building a pool of applicants first to make final decisions, as I have personally not seen an R yet, but mostly waitlists and some acceptances. This seems like a prime situation for strong updates and LOIs post alternate status to keep yourself in the game.

Point of clarification; you’re saying those on the WL will no longer be considered and then, rejected?
Last year, it was the case. Had a friend of mine also on the waitlist and he was told around a week before the cycle ended (you can be taken off the waitlist till the Friday of the first week) that he was no longer being considered and the cycle ended via email. I never got the email and I called them and I was told I was one of the top choices and still being considered. However, this was for the Bradenton campus, but i imagine it would be the same for the northern campuses.

Just did my video interview! Hopefully, it's not a big deal I did it a few days after the 30 day mark because I have my zoom session tomorrow for SH and I was just under the impression I need it done before the session. Really hoping I didn't mess it up too bad, it's my first and only II so far :( Writing my questions before I forget them.

1. tell us about you/why do
2. non-compliant patient, what do you do
3. honor code questions (that i messed up so bad and i can't even remember the question)
4. when have you seen medicine at it's worse
5. can't remember the question but I talked about one of my experiences

I’ll be honest I had an advantage in the info session/PBL demo because of my background. Not sure if it makes a difference.
They said to my group that the PBL demo and your participation was irrelevant to their admissions decision. And I hope that’s the case Bc I didn’t say a single word in the whole demo lmao

They said to my group that the PBL demo and your participation was irrelevant to their admissions decision. And I hope that’s the case Bc I didn’t say a single word in the whole demo lmao
LMAO mood

Wasn't there someone a while ago who said that it was basically the asynchronous portion that doesn’t really play a role in their decision and the other way around instead?

Any other 9/30 session people still not receive their decision in the mail?

10/02 zoom session, got placed on the alternate list for Elmira

• Care