2020-2021 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
All I know is this is a tough cycle for everyone and the best we can hope for now is to be selected from the alternate list. Be patient. They pull until the start of class in July. It’s May. That’s sixty days give or take. Focus on you because if you/me/the man in the moon gets the call, we need to be well rested and grounded.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
can you start a new application for next years cycle while still on the waitlist or will that withdawl your application from last cycle?

Reactions: 1 user
For people in the LECOM elmira facebook group, do yall know how many of the members in that group are actual accepted students? i know that there are a lot of realtors/older medical students in that group, but Im just wondering how many...

Members don't see this ad :)
can you start a new application for next years cycle while still on the waitlist or will that withdawl your application from last cycle?
I'm pretty sure you can since the applications are viewed separately. But, definitely check with someone just in case.

I was waitlisted in November for Erie. Was wondering if I should start another AACOM application for 2022 Fall? Will my aacom id change? Does anyone know if it will affect my standing on the waitlist?

My guess is that everyone who has been waitlisted hasn't heard anything still lol

Reactions: 4 users
Not gonna lie, I hope the last of us from the last few info sessions hear back before that....

Okay, so I creeped on the Bradenton thread, and apparently, they have a ranked and unranked list and majority of the waitlists are on the unranked, which is a 0% chance of getting off

Does this apply to the northern campuses as well?

For the people with no portal changes since their interviews that were months ago, are you guys still waiting on semester grades? Just trying to figure out why I still don't have a decision yet from an interview in Feb... thinking they are either waiting for final semester grades before giving a decision or I am flat out denied and they haven't given out rejections?

Okay, so I creeped on the Bradenton thread, and apparently, they have a ranked and unranked list and majority of the waitlists are on the unranked, which is a 0% chance of getting off

Does this apply to the northern campuses as well?
i think i read on there that only the Bradenton campus has the ranked/unranked list

i think i read on there that only the Bradenton campus has the ranked/unranked list
The reason why I’m asking is because when I read that, I remembered I have went on prior Erie threads (most specifically, last app cycle) and I’m pretty sure someone mentioned Erie also having a ranked and unranked list but they take people off from both, not just one. While Bradenton has told their applicants that they will only take people off from ranked. So, I’m kinda confused on what the plan is for this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Question for yall. Im currently WL at Elmira but Im wondering if I should call/email Jessica to see if she knew if/when WL movement would start..? I got into a SMP at UNTHSC and don't want to have to pay for a MCAT prep course/tech pacakge/other tuition unless I wont be getting into LECOM because right now the fees due at the end of may is a lot and i don't want to water my money...

I just have the feeling that they don't want to be emailed too much/at all because when they sent the form for us to send our letters to, I got the vibe that they are overwhelmed with emails and don't want anymore questions from us...?

Question for yall. Im currently WL at Elmira but Im wondering if I should call/email Jessica to see if she knew if/when WL movement would start..? I got into a SMP at UNTHSC and don't want to have to pay for a MCAT prep course/tech pacakge/other tuition unless I wont be getting into LECOM because right now the fees due at the end of may is a lot and i don't want to water my money...

I just have the feeling that they don't want to be emailed too much/at all because when they sent the form for us to send our letters to, I got the vibe that they are overwhelmed with emails and don't want anymore questions from us...?
I think I’m gonna ask LECOM if they have the unranked versus ranked list like Bradenton does. All northern campuses pretty much pull from the same waitlist (so even if you’re waitlisted at Elmira, you can get into SH last minute for example). I’m also considering an SMP so I’m gonna ask for a honest answer on what my actual chances are. The admissions reps across all campuses have been very nice so it wouldn’t hurt to ask...

I think I’m gonna ask LECOM if they have the unranked versus ranked list like Bradenton does. All northern campuses pretty much pull from the same waitlist (so even if you’re waitlisted at Elmira, you can get into SH last minute for example). I’m also considering an SMP so I’m gonna ask for a honest answer on what my actual chances are. The admissions reps across all campuses have been very nice so it wouldn’t hurt to ask...
Will you let us know what they say? I know Jessica (rep for Elmira) has said that the WL is unranked, but idk this ranked and unranked WL is new... and if they just didn't mention it to us because they added it last minute... I thought about emailing too but the wording in the last email they sent us, gave me the feeling that they did not want any questions about WL position...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-09 at 2.53.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-09 at 2.53.31 AM.png
    220.4 KB · Views: 132
Any luck? I just don't know what is "right" and what could be potentially bothersome in asking, yanno?

Any luck? I just don't know what is "right" and what could be potentially bothersome in asking, yanno?
Haven’t asked yet.
I don’t know either haha. I really hope I don’t come off as annoying, but LECOM has always been very nice and professional and understanding whenever I’ve asked questions, so I don’t think they’ll mind.

Reactions: 1 users
Haven’t asked yet.
I don’t know either haha. I really hope I don’t come off as annoying, but LECOM has always been very nice and professional and understanding whenever I’ve asked questions, so I don’t think they’ll mind.
100% understand that, and I also agree with that they have been nice and professional. I always have emailed/spoke with Kayla from Erie and she always didn't seem bothered. Just with so many posts from Bradenton and SH asking being taboo, kind of scares me a lil

I’ve asked questions before and they’ve been nothing but incredible on the, for lack of a better phrase, “customer service” end. Especially Alyssa at SH and Lisa et al at Erie.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if matriculated students at Elmira are expected to be on campus by July 23, when orientation begins? Is there any possibility of virtual orientation/classes? Thanks.

Is there a current first year that I can message more at length?

My portal says "Thank you for interviewing at the Erie Campus, you will be notified when the committee makes a decision on your application." right now. What is it supposed to say when it changes? Anyone from April info sessions received a letter yet?

My portal says "Thank you for interviewing at the Erie Campus, you will be notified when the committee makes a decision on your application." right now. What is it supposed to say when it changes? Anyone from April info sessions received a letter yet?
I have! My info session was the beginning of April, portal changed last week, and I just got a letter in the mail today saying I’m an alternate. Maybe it’s a good thing you haven’t heard yet?

Info sesh was 4/2 at Erie. No portal change or letter yet. Hang in there.

• Care
100 pages guys! Believe it or not we did it! We stuck here through thick and thin and I can only imagine next year's applicants' faces digging through this thread lol

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users
100 pages guys! Believe it or not we did it! We stuck here through thick and thin and I can only imagine next year's applicants' faces digging through this thread lol
lol just CHAOS

• Haha
I'm here to celebrate making it to 100!!!! 👏 Let's see how far we go by the end of this cycle! :)

anyone else interview for elmira on 3/11 and their portal hasn't changed yet?

I was looking at last years thread and noticed that some people were on the alternate list and others were on the waitlist and the admissions confirmed that they are two separate lists. Does anyone know if that’s the same for this year?

For the people with no portal changes since their interviews that were months ago, are you guys still waiting on semester grades? Just trying to figure out why I still don't have a decision yet from an interview in Feb... thinking they are either waiting for final semester grades before giving a decision or I am flat out denied and they haven't given out rejections?
I also haven't received a portal change and I interviewed in march..im not waiting on any grades either so I really don't know what's taking them so long

I’m just baffled that they will not release how many are on the alternate list. Seems shady
Between the 3 campus, I bet it is well over 500. Just speculation, but that’s probably why they aren’t saying how long the list is. I

When do they start doing waitlist movement?

Also curious, like this if you are waitlisted at Elmira. Love if you have been accepted.

Reactions: 14 users
When do they start doing waitlist movement?

Also curious, like this if you are waitlisted at Elmira. Love if you have been accepted.
Admissions have said Spring (around May). It's almost mid May and there has been no report of anyone getting off the WL. No idea what is happening to what or why :/

• Sad
It is just crazy that they would do that and I can't think of a good reason, honestly.
Probably a little bit of all the speculations at this point--COVID-19 may have messed up their timeline this much, increasing the interest of students to apply to the mms, or even possibly the thought they would have a lot of movement and didn't not want to "settle" for some lower grade students. We probably will never know the true answer, and is it really for us to judge/know?

Obviously it is a very large boat it seems like a lot of us are in. The biggest thing that I keep on reminding myself is to move forward and be pleasantly surprised if I get the call/email/portal change--what can I do now to better my chances for this coming cycle? What can I do now that I can be proud of in 6 months, a year, etc? Applying to medical school is a grind, why stop now?

I'm here for the celebration of the 100th page. Didn't want to miss it. Way to go! We did it!

• Haha
Probably a little bit of all the speculations at this point--COVID-19 may have messed up their timeline this much, increasing the interest of students to apply to the mms, or even possibly the thought they would have a lot of movement and didn't not want to "settle" for some lower grade students. We probably will never know the true answer, and is it really for us to judge/know?

Obviously it is a very large boat it seems like a lot of us are in. The biggest thing that I keep on reminding myself is to move forward and be pleasantly surprised if I get the call/email/portal change--what can I do now to better my chances for this coming cycle? What can I do now that I can be proud of in 6 months, a year, etc? Applying to medical school is a grind, why stop now?
Hate to be the debby downer, but the "upcoming cycle" you speak of is already here...

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I was looking at last years thread and noticed that some people were on the alternate list and others were on the waitlist and the admissions confirmed that they are two separate lists. Does anyone know if that’s the same for this year?
Yes, waitlist and alternate are different lists and they are doing the same this year.

Who were you told by?
I spoke with her in jan after being an alternate. She said it was the same as waitlist. Did anyone get the letter where is specifically said waitlist? I think people on here got the alternate and stated waitlist bc its the same thing technically? IDK thats my reasoning