2020-2021 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM-Bradenton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi, Looking for some guidance from people that had their info session on 10/2 or later on.

As of right now my admissions portal says "Thank you for interviewing at the Elmira Campus, you will be notified when the committee makes a decision on your application. ". However, I am missing a science letter of recommendation, I knew this right away after the info session.

I emailed Elmira stating that I had previously been in contact with the program and they told me that my letters would suffice the requirements, so I explained this to them and they told me that if there's anything missing during the review of my application for a decision they would let me know. Its about to be November 15th when we supposedly would hear back about decisions. I was wondering if anyone that interviewed around this time has seen a portal change?

The main reason I am asking is because I feel that I got ignored because my requirements portal says that I have a letter missing and my application is just being put on hold until I get another letter, yet no one has contacted me about this as they mentioned that they would.

One thing I’ll say on this is I was missing a science letter but still received an acceptance. They did say though that I would have to retrieve that letter to actually matriculate though. So I do not think they ignored your app! Hope that helps :)

Members don't see this ad.

Portal change today for 9/11 interview. Time to neurotically check the mail twelve times a day! Any way to see a hint to the decision on the portal?
Did you do non-early decision?

Members don't see this ad :)
interviewed 9/11. Says a decision has been made on my application. If I called them, would they tell me the decision, or do I just wait for the mail?

Reactions: 1 user
I got a notification from USPS that my letter is arriving soon! Interviewed 9/4. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone! So I recently got my II 10/30, and am currently in the process of prepping and completing the automated interview within the next couple of days. However, the most recent available date for the informational session for me is January 8th 2021. My stats and extracurriculars are fairly competitive, but I'm worried that this informational session date is too late. Is there any way to reschedule for an earlier date? Would it be bad to reach out and contact LECOM about this issue?

Hey everyone! So I recently got my II 10/30, and am currently in the process of prepping and completing the automated interview within the next couple of days. However, the most recent available date for the informational session for me is January 8th 2021. My stats and extracurriculars are fairly competitive, but I'm worried that this informational session date is too late. Is there any way to reschedule for an earlier date? Would it be bad to reach out and contact LECOM about this issue?
Call them, and they might be able to schedule you much sooner.

Did anyone else who was supposed to receive a decision on 11/15 not have a status update? Mine still says under review post interview.

Did anyone else who was supposed to receive a decision on 11/15 not have a status update? Mine still says under review post interview.

My information session was 9/18, still says my file is under review post-interview

Members don't see this ad :)
how do y’all know when you’ll get an answer?
Hey, so it is my understanding that they just started giving out regular acceptances (on the 15th). I think LECOM-B interviews throughout the early fall, but waits until the 11/15 date to give out regular decisions because they do not have to give applicants as much time to make a decision after that date per the AACOM guidelines. At my info session, they made it seem like everyone who interviewed before a certain date (sometime in the middle of Oct.) would receive a decision via real mail on or directly after 11/15. Finally, everyone had the option to receive an early decision if they wanted. The EDs came out around 10/15 I believe. I hope this helps answer your question.

Hey, so it is my understanding that they just started giving out regular acceptances (on the 15th). I think LECOM-B interviews throughout the early fall, but waits until the 11/15 date to give out regular decisions because they do not have to give applicants as much time to make a decision after that date per the AACOM guidelines. At my info session, they made it seem like everyone who interviewed before a certain date (sometime in the middle of Oct.) would receive a decision via real mail on or directly after 11/15. Finally, everyone had the option to receive an early decision if they wanted. The EDs came out around 10/15 I believe. I hope this helps answer your question.
Yes, thank you so much!

Just called. On the alternate list in the "high-up pool", the admissions person I spoke to was very nice and tried to let me know their guess about mobility. Also said "you have a great application, you'll get in somewhere" and I actually almost cried on the phone. I always lowkey think of adcoms as being soul-less

It’s not rejection, and I heard that the waitlist moves.
Lmaoo no I don’t care at all. I’ve been accepted to my dream school already. I just found this hilarious it took them 3 months to decide this via snail mail after I’d already had a bunch of other As and IIs.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
My letter states that I was am on the “alternate list”. Is this the same as the waitlist? It also stated I needed to respond in 14 days saying that I have continued interest.

My letter states that I was am on the “alternate list”. Is this the same as the waitlist? It also stated I needed to respond in 14 days saying that I have continued interest.
Yes, it is the same. I got the same!

I'm surprised that there have been more waitlists than acceptances it seems like. I too got the "alternate list"/waitlist but will be declining my spot on the list as I have been accepted to one of my top schools. Good luck to everyone with the rest of the cycle!

Reactions: 2 users
Waitlisted. Above average stats and emphasis on primary care. Who do you guys think is the ideal student in their eyes? Non-trad?

Any OOS interviewees received the snail mail admissions decision? I’m pretty far from FL and trying to gauge how long after the 15th I should expect mine...

Waitlisted. Above average stats and emphasis on primary care. Who do you guys think is the ideal student in their eyes? Non-trad?
Well when you say above average do you mean above average for MD or DO? Also what exposure did you have to osteopathic medicine? I was accepted here about a month ago as a OOS trad with a mixture of MD & DO interviews so far

Well when you say above average do you mean above average for MD or DO? Also what exposure did you have to osteopathic medicine? I was accepted here about a month ago as a OOS trad with a mixture of MD & DO interviews so far
Slightly below MD matriculant avg. Shadowing with a DO.

Anyone who had the informational session on 10/30 still waiting to hear back with a decision?

Anyone who had the informational session on 10/30 still waiting to hear back with a decision?
Dude i don't even think there's decisions out from late September LOL (fellow 10/30 here)

Yup, interviewed 10/16 here and still waiting :(
+1. I know during the zoom session they said at least three weeks but I have not heard anything since then and my portal does not say that a decision has been made yet

• Sad