2020-2021 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM-Bradenton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks! If we're talking about other DO schools, how would you rank Des Moines, Rowans, PCOM-PA, and Lecom-B? Also I've heard that Nova should be avoided ?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
PCOM-PA is a top DO school! I think Nova DO has had dwindling board scores in recent years and it’s tuition is fairly high, but if location is important to you, Florida is beautiful and has amazing weather!! I don’t know about Rowans or Des Moines but #1 would be PCOM-PA, then LECOM-B, and then NOVA DO. I think Des Moines and Rowans would be squeezed somewhere in the middle there
Not sure I agree about the amazing weather part. I’ve had a few decades of summer... one of the reasons I’m going to be going elsewhere, for a change. Winter is coming.
But I get it. All of our patients from up north enjoy that Florida is just... consistent. No shoveling snow, no ice, winterizing, etc.

speaking of which I’ll be withdrawing my A this week, hope it goes to one of you.

Reactions: 1 users
Not sure I agree about the amazing weather part. I’ve had a few decades of summer... one of the reasons I’m going to be going elsewhere, for a change. Winter is coming.
But I get it. All of our patients from up north enjoy that Florida is just... consistent. No shoveling snow, no ice, winterizing, etc.

speaking of which I’ll be withdrawing my A this week, hope it goes to one of you.
Haha guess not everyone’s a fan of the heat, but congrats on the A!! Hope you enjoy the cooler weather!

Hi All.
Anyone from 01/08/2021 Zoom session heard back from the school?

Last edited:
I am too 😩 has anyone heard back yet or know when the waitlist will start to move?
The last I heard is that they were making another set of decisions Jan/Feb. So I’m assuming they send out decisions each month or every other month, but that’s just speculating.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Who did everyone send out thank you emails too? Ronald and Debra? Or someone else?

Who did everyone send out thank you emails too? Ronald and Debra? Or someone else?
Am I the only one who didnt send a thank you email? I honestly may just be burnt out by secondaries, but I didn't think it was too necessary since it wasn't a one-on-one interview. I may be completely wrong and now my anxiety is going crazy lmao

What is the best way to contact Admissions? I haven't received the supplemental app yet and applied back in December. I think it's because I didn't have an MCAT score yet (just released to AACOMAS today). Anyone in a similar situation?

Am I the only one who didnt send a thank you email? I honestly may just be burnt out by secondaries, but I didn't think it was too necessary since it wasn't a one-on-one interview. I may be completely wrong and now my anxiety is going crazy lmao
Honestly, I had my interview 01/29 and totally didn't even think about sending one until now. I'm not sure if it is too late, so I dont really know what to do. I think I am going to send it anyways to them two. Better late than never! But I agree, it does not feel necessary since it was a group setting, but I still want to thank them for their time.

Honestly, I had my interview 01/29 and totally didn't even think about sending one until now. I'm not sure if it is too late, so I dont really know what to do. I think I am going to send it anyways to them two. Better late than never! But I agree, it does not feel necessary since it was a group setting, but I still want to thank them for their time.

Ughh I interviewed that day too and now I’m definitely overthinking and feel like they’ll negatively view how late my thank you letter is.... I just keep checking my portal hoping to see any changes at all!

Has anyone who has been waiting post-II since October called them to ask for status update? I sent updates hoping for a change but still got nothing.

Has anyone who has been waiting post-II since October called them to ask for status update? I sent updates hoping for a change but still got nothing.
I haven't, but I just want to reiterate my former frustrations and state that it is REALLY REALLY OBNOXIOUS that we are now 4 MONTHS POST II and they still haven't given us a decision. Just give me my damn WL already.

I haven't, but I just want to reiterate my former frustrations and state that it is REALLY REALLY OBNOXIOUS that we are now 4 MONTHS POST II and they still haven't given us a decision. Just give me my damn WL already.
Yeah I feel the same way. I am still hopeful that it means A, but if it means R than I prefer to just receive the R. This wait just hurts.

I'm in the same boat. But at the end of my interview, they said some people will hear back and some may not for a long while and that its not necessarily a bad thing. idk if i should bother them with an update email

Hello future doctors!
For my knowledge,
1. On the actual video interview, I will be given a sample question and 5 questions. And each question can be re-recorded only once, Correct? Or no re-recordings?
2. During the 30 sec. question is the camera still rolling (because I would need to watch my mouth / gestures)
3. Can the deposit be made using a credit card or only via checks/debit cards?
4. Is the deposit $1500 withing 15/30 days (15 or 30 days, depending on the month of the acceptance) and then $500 later before the actual classes?
Thank you so much!

Just got my alternative mail, marked 1/23. Is the class full by now? It took over 2 months after I was done with the interview.... let the waiting game continues... :poke:..........Do accepted students get another snail mail or email after they were put on the alternative list?
Does anyone know the answer to this i.e. snail mail, e-mail, call, and/or portal change when one moves from Alternate --> Acceptance?

withdrew my acceptance today. I hope it goes to one of you! good luck!

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know the answer to this i.e. snail mail, e-mail, call, and/or portal change when one moves from Alternate --> Acceptance?
I second this question. I’ve heard people say mail, email and phone call!

withdrew my acceptance today. I hope it goes to one of you! good luck!
Thank you for your wishes and all the best for you. If you don't mind I have some questions: How long it took to hear back from Lecom after your interview? and if you can share your stats (GPA and MCAT) and why you did not select LECOM ? and again all the best.

Thank you for your wishes and all the best for you. If you don't mind I have some questions: How long it took to hear back from Lecom after your interview? and if you can share your stats (GPA and MCAT) and why you did not select LECOM ? and again all the best.
I interviewed 7/31 and I believe the letter was dated 10/3. Ultimately I got more acceptances and the HPSP, and decided to go out of state. Also not sure how I felt about the PBL thing. I had 3.87 and 32 the first time I applied. What ended up making the difference was earning experiences in the field and applying early.

I interviewed 7/31 and I believe the letter was dated 10/3. Ultimately I got more acceptances and the HPSP, and decided to go out of state. Also not sure how I felt about the PBL thing. I had 3.87 and 32 the first time I applied. What ended up making the difference was earning experiences in the field and applying early.
Thank you and all the best.

Received an II today! Was complete very early November.

Reactions: 4 users
Hi All. Anyone has an idea what is the average MCAT and GPA for an A at Lecom?

Best

Best
I'm in their Masters program and we were told that the 2024 entering class had a 505 average MCAT and a 3.68 cumulative GPA. I do not know what their 2025 entering class averages are as of right now.

Best
When I did the info session they basically said that the average gpa and mcat were a lot higher than usually due to the incredibly higher than normal amount of people applying (I read somewhere on this forum that it was up 100% but that’s just word of mouth). I do remember saying their average mcat now is like a 505 or a 507 I think, and I can’t remember what they said the new average gpa was but it was a fair bit higher than what it has been in previous years

Anybody hear back yet from the 12/11 information session? Its been over 2 months and still nothing on my end.

Last edited:
Haven't heard back from them either
I really think they are just very busy, they’ve had more apps than ever before and I think that they are trying their best to seriously consider each application, while also not filling up seats before they’ve given everyone a chance

I get the anxiousness though, I’m on the alternate list

• Care
When I did the info session they basically said that the average gpa and mcat were a lot higher than usually due to the incredibly higher than normal amount of people applying (I read somewhere on this forum that it was up 100% but that’s just word of mouth). I do remember saying their average mcat now is like a 505 or a 507 I think, and I can’t remember what they said the new average gpa was but it was a fair bit higher than what it has been in previous years
Yeah in the admitted student zoom last month they said they usually get ~5k applications and this year it is ~10k

Finally got the "decision made on your file in 30 days" notice on the portal...7 months later :rofl:

• Haha
Finally got the "decision made on your file in 30 days" notice on the portal...7 months later :rofl:
wait so does the "Your file is in under review by the Admissions Committee post interview. You will be notified by mail of the decision by the Admissions Committee" status on your portal change to this when they mail out your decision letter? I've been curious if they just mail out the letter without any portal status changes

wait so does the "Your file is in under review by the Admissions Committee post interview. You will be notified by mail of the decision by the Admissions Committee" status on your portal change to this when they mail out your decision letter? I've been curious if they just mail out the letter without any portal status changes
It should change. Mine was " The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail, typically, within 14 days."

How long is the zoom session? Just 1 hr of Q and A with the med students and a tour?