2020-2021 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM-Bradenton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted today :)

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard back from the information session Fed 12th?
Nope, but I repeatedly call them every week and they told me that only one member of the admission committee has made a decision so try calling next week.

Nope, but I repeatedly call them every week and they told me that only one member of the admission committee has made a decision so try calling next week.
This is madness, they said we would hear back in a month.

They mentioned during the info session that letters of intent are helpful to your application. When do y'all think the best time to send that in would be?

They mentioned during the info session that letters of intent are helpful to your application. When do y'all think the best time to send that in would be?
I call them every week and I send them a update letter every month. I know it might be too extreme but if it higher's my chances by 1/10 of a percent. It's better than doing nothing. If anyone decides to do the same as me at least tell them Omar Albibi sent you. I don't want them to every forget my name.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I call them every week and I send them a update letter every month. I know it might be too extreme but if it higher's my chances by 1/10 of a percent. It's better than doing nothing. If anyone decides to do the same as me at least tell them Omar Albibi sent you. I don't want them to every forget my name.
What do you ask when you call them?

What do you ask when you call them?
I ask for any progress on my application, when can I expect a decision, what are things I can do to improve my application, and just general questions about the university to show that I am researching and have genuine interest for the university like research ideas, volunteering opportunities in the area, scholarship opportunities, or any masters opportunity for a plan B. If anyone decides to do the same as me at least tell them Omar Albibi sent you. I don't want them to every forget my name.

Last edited by a moderator:
I emailed a letter of interest prior to interviewing and received an II about 2 weeks later
That's very enticing.. I just emailed them yesterday saying I really wanted to go there (not exactly what I said, but you get my point). I may try sending a letter of interest in the next couple days.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's very enticing.. I just emailed them yesterday saying I really wanted to go there (not exactly what I said, but you get my point). I may try sending a letter of interest in the next couple days.
its March 17th, at this point shoot any shots you have :)

A decision has been made on my application, if anyone helped with this I want to thank you.

You will receive a mail with the decision. Good luck.
Thank you, I am just scared I will be waitlist and then the possibility for me to get off the waitlist slim to none. Especially this late in the cycle.

I got some bad news, I have been waitlisted. According to Russ, he told me that I was around 300 in the waitlist. So the only way can get accepted is if 300 people declined their seat.

I got some bad news, I have been waitlisted. According to Russ, he told me that I was around 300 in the waitlist. So the only way can get accepted is if 300 people declined their seat.
who is russ? do you mean ronald from admissions?

The waitlist isn’t ranked

anyone from feb 12 zoom session have a portal change or hear back?

who is russ? do you mean ronald from admissions?
Nope, the guy introduced himself as Russ. I also talked to Debbie horn and Ronald they all said the same thing. The chance for me to get in is slim to none since there is already more than hundreds of people in the waitlist. They suggested to go for a master's degree and try again since more than 50% of the people they accepted have a master's.

I was completed Dec 11th and still haven't heard a thing 😒 this is ridiculous

what postage amount was your letter?

I don’t remember the postage but I got waitlisted and the letter comes in like a regular sized small white envelope and is only a single piece of paper so like a 5cent postage? Not sure of how much it was

I don’t remember the postage but I got waitlisted and the letter comes in like a regular sized small white envelope and is only a single piece of paper so like a 5cent postage? Not sure of how much it was
do you still have the envelope? im waiting for a letter and I wont receive it until later... wondering if the letters have all the same postage since people are saying the acceptances had 4-5 pages of mail, so wouldn't that require higher postage?

do you still have the envelope? im waiting for a letter and I wont receive it until later... wondering if the letters have all the same postage since people are saying the acceptances had 4-5 pages of mail, so wouldn't that require higher postage?

I’ll check but if you’re going off wait time I wouldn’t put to much weight on that because I live in Tampa and it took over a week from when they said they made a decision to get the letter and others who live further have gotten them sooner- but I’m almost positive it was like 5 cent postage- I do remember it was a single page in like a normal white envelope (I knew the second I saw it I was either rejected or waitlisted lmao)

I’ll check but if you’re going off wait time I wouldn’t put to much weight on that because I live in Tampa and it took over a week from when they said they made a decision to get the letter and others who live further have gotten them sooner- but I’m almost positive it was like 5 cent postage- I do remember it was a single page in like a normal white envelope (I knew the second I saw it I was either rejected or waitlisted lmao)
ohh okay, lol thank you! on my informed delivery mine says 000.51?

ohh okay, lol thank you! on my informed delivery mine says 000.51?

image-2021-03-22-08:51:59-417.jpg

They told me this and I’m pretty sure it’s in the site and when I check for an update they say they can not determine my chances.
So, if it is not ranked, on what basis they select applicants?

Is it too late to get an interview? Primary completed December and received supplemental 2 weeks ago

No, they will interview until may but you will probably be waitlisted.

Not necessarily don’t think negatively- I know there were people from the 1/29 zoom that got A’s, however I do think they’re waitlisting more to ensure everyone has a fair shot this late

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone from the 3/19 session heard back? They said people were going to be accepted from the session and they would receive a phone call, wanted to find out if any here has gotten a phone call