2020-2021 Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

How long should the secondary be? They don't have a strict word limit, so I'm not sure how much I should write.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
This is my first time applying to US schools so I've never done secondaries before. Dumb question: do you put your name in your essay document? I feel weird just submitting only an essay, so I put a title and my name hahaha I feel like I'm in high school.

This is my first time applying to US schools so I've never done secondaries before. Dumb question: do you put your name in your essay document? I feel weird just submitting only an essay, so I put a title and my name hahaha I feel like I'm in high school.

No need for a name on the essays

I agree with moderatelysufficient, I think the name is totally optional. Also, this is the first time I've seen a school make you upload your essay in a file, usually they want you to type (or copy and paste) it into their own text box.

Is LMU extending interviews before MCAT submission?

Anybody else's secondary stuck at 99%? Also can't find a place to submit payment for application
It is stuck at 99% because you did not pay. When you click "Save and Review" on your app, you should now see a box to the right with the 99% and "Save and Pay" button under it. Then after you pay, click submit!

How long should the secondary be? They don't have a strict word limit, so I'm not sure how much I should write.
It will depend on your personal experiences of course, but I just submitted and mine was about 4 paragraphs and juuuust over a page. I think the best thing you can do is not focus on length, but the introspection and insight presented in your essay. To me, in order to get across a well-thought out essay on how you've prepared for medical school, it will take a few paragraphs even if they are on the shorter side. If you are under half a page, consider reflecting on your experiences a bit more. Hope that helps!

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone here a current student or someone in the region who could speak to the area of either campus? I'm from the northeast and haven't really been to Tennessee (aside from Nashville) and I'm curious what the area is like!

Members don't see this ad :)
Why does it randomly say "Students must provide their social security number to be eligible for federal or state financial aid" but then not give you an option to put the SSN anywhere. Is this because we put it into AACOMAS?

So maybe this is random, but would it hurt to apply for a fee waiver if I didn't apply for an AACOMAS fee waiver when I did my primaries? Legitimately I've paid my way through undergrad while working FT and really just don't have the finances for so many secondaries (no outside support at all) :( Is it a "worst thing they can do is say 'no'" type deal or do y'all think it would look really bad?

Has anyone else not received a secondary yet? I submitted my primary 6/18 and I'm thinking about calling the school tomorrow.

Has anyone else not received a secondary yet? I submitted my primary 6/18 and I'm thinking about calling the school tomorrow.

I haven't received a secondary but then again my AACOMS was verified 7/1

I got a secondary on July 6, but I submitted my primary in May.

I received my secondary July 6 and was verified June 18.

Submitted primary app July 3rd, received and submitted secondary today

PDF or Word Document for the essay attachment? Any opinions on which is best?

Also, I just wrote one big paragraph of ~450 words.

***update: I was able to separate into 3 paragraphs, still ~450 words and about 3/4 of a page in length***

PDF or Word Document for the essay attachment? Any opinions on which is best?

Also, I just wrote one big paragraph of ~450 words.
I always do PDF, I just think it looks nicer but it's personal preference

Could someone post the secondary prompts? Thanks in advance!

Could someone post the secondary prompts? Thanks in advance!
REQUIRED: Please write and ATTACH the short essay addressing ONE of the following questions:
  1. Medical school requires a huge commitment in time and energy. How have you prepared for this commitment? OR
  2. If you are a re-applicant please tell us what you have done to strengthen your application.
OPTIONAL: Is there anything you want the admissions committee to know that you haven't explained on your AACOMAS application?

REQUIRED: Please write and ATTACH the short essay addressing ONE of the following questions:
  1. Medical school requires a huge commitment in time and energy. How have you prepared for this commitment? OR
  2. If you are a re-applicant please tell us what you have done to strengthen your application.
OPTIONAL: Is there anything you want the admissions committee to know that you haven't explained on your AACOMAS application?

Thanks! Is there a word/character limit?

Anyone know the most recent GPA/MCAT stats for the incoming class?

Secondary received and submitted: July 6
Complete email recieved today: July 15

I'm kind of nervous because I still have a MCAT retake date set in August but they still made my app complete so idk if they're using my old scores to send an interview invite OR if they're just treating my app as if I don't have a MCAT score and it's complete bc of COVID

Does anyone know when the school starts sending out interview invites?

I'm kind of nervous because I still have a MCAT retake date set in August but they still made my app complete so idk if they're using my old scores to send an interview invite OR if they're just treating my app as if I don't have a MCAT score and it's complete bc of COVID

SAME HERE

Does anyone know when the school starts sending out interview invites?
In last cycle's thread, first II was August 5...However, that was without COVID so everything could be delayed this cycle!

In last cycle's thread, first II was August 5...However, that was without COVID so everything could be delayed this cycle!

Thank you! Hopefully there won’t be too much of a delay

100% they are using your old MCAT score. Is that not obvious? Didn't you put that on your application.

Anyone hear back after submitting their secondaries?

Anyone hear back after submitting their secondaries?
No, I know they move relatively quickly so I anticipate a interview email soon. By soon I mean within the next 3-4 weeks.

Just got an emaiil saying my file was complete...submitted a secondary on 7/8

Hey if anybody is having trouble paying and submitting your secondary, log out when you’re at 99%, then log back in and the “pay now” button may be activated. I could never get mine to work until I logged out and logged back in.

So if people that submitted 7/8 are receiving complete emails and I submitted before that and haven't heard mine is complete, should I be concerned? Do they go by date?

So if people that submitted 7/8 are receiving complete emails and I submitted before that and haven't heard mine is complete, should I be concerned? Do they go by date?
I don’t think I got a complete email but when I log into the system it says my application is under review

Question: on the portal there is an area to click on “interview and events”. I clicked on it the other day out of curiosity and could not access it. Basically I was restricted. Today, randomly, I gave it a shot and was able to get in and pick dates for an interview. Still no confirmation email or anything but seemed odd to me. I’m not hopeful but any thoughts?

Question: on the portal there is an area to click on “interview and events”. I clicked on it the other day out of curiosity and could not access it. Basically I was restricted. Today, randomly, I gave it a shot and was able to get in and pick dates for an interview. Still no confirmation email or anything but seemed odd to me. I’m not hopeful but any thoughts?
Just tried this out and when i got to the point of choosing a day off of a calendar to interview, there were "none available" -- maybe your ability to do so is an early sign!

Just tried this out and when i got to the point of choosing a day off of a calendar to interview, there were "none available" -- maybe your ability to do so is an early sign!

I have no idea. I just find it odd you/I can gain access to this point when previously I couldn’t even get into that part of the portal. Unless maybe you could?

Ditto on the "none available"