2020-2021 Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Based on the time it took for them to get back to prior interviewees, my guess is no. Would love to be pleasantly surprised tho
Re-applicant accepted to Knoxville campus!!! My guess was wrong, and couldn't be happier about it!

Edit: interviewed on 09/25

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
are interviews virtual?

Reactions: 1 user
I was accepted to Harrogate yesterday. Can I transfer to Knoxville?

Did you list your preference as Knoxville, Harrogate, or no preference?

edit: Go call admissions ASAP and ask if you can. Since it’s still early in the cycle, odds are in your favor for a switch, but once they start pulling more interviews it will get harder to switch.

For future interviewers, if you decide post-interview that you want to change your preference, call admissions and tell them before you get your admissions decision. They would rather you do this than try to switch after.

Traditionally Knoxville is harder to switch into than Harrogate. Last year they told some applicants that a switch to Knoxville from Harrogate would only happen if they exhausted the waitlist for Knoxville.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Did you list your preference as Knoxville, Harrogate, or no preference?

edit: Go call admissions ASAP and ask if you can. Since it’s still early in the cycle, odds are in your favor for a switch, but once they start pulling more interviews it will get harder to switch.

For future interviewers, if you decide post-interview that you want to change your preference, call admissions and tell them before you get your admissions decision. They would rather you do this than try to switch after.

Traditionally Knoxville is harder to switch into than Harrogate. Last year they told some applicants that a switch to Knoxville from Harrogate would only happen if they exhausted the waitlist for Knoxville.
No I actually didn't list my preference initially. Thank you so much for the response!! I just called and they said they'll get back to me in a week. Fingers crossed... they can transfer me over to Knoxville.

I finally got my secondary request from them today. :love:

Reactions: 5 users
For the essay part of the secondary, do we upload two separate documents for the two prompts? or do we put both essays in one document?

For the essay part of the secondary, do we upload two separate documents for the two prompts? or do we put both essays in one document?

You can click "Add Essay" for another spot to upload the second one. :)

Hey guys I haven't received a secondary despite submitting my application over a week ago. Is this normal?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys I haven't received a secondary despite submitting my application over a week ago. Is this normal?
I waited over two weeks then decided to email this week. adcom said there were waiting on some apps to be processed through aacomas but received my secondary shortly after the email.

Does anybody know if putting the matriculation deposit and signing the matriculation agreement is binding? I'm waiting to hear back from another school.

Does anybody know if putting the matriculation deposit and signing the matriculation agreement is binding? I'm waiting to hear back from another school.

“Binding” usually means “you won’t get your money back.” They won’t hunt you down and make you go to school there if you withdraw to go to a different school, but you’ll probably be out the deposit.

They usually give you until December to claim your spot and pay the fee, though. Just read all the fine print.

Reactions: 2 users
“Binding” usually means “you won’t get your money back.” They won’t hunt you down and make you go to school there if you withdraw to go to a different school, but you’ll probably be out the deposit.

They usually give you until December to claim your spot and pay the fee, though. Just read all the fine print.

Ok thank you so much.

Accepted into Harrogate today. Interviewed 10/02. I’m so happy

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Accepted! Knoxville campus!! Interviewed 10/2

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Accepted to Knoxville! Interviewed 10/2!!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
I'm still waiting. :( How long did it take for you? I got the notice that they were reviewing me pre-2 on the 30th.

They got my app on 9/24 and sent me the 2ndary request on 10/6.
Don't worry, there's still plenty of time. Here's a lucky turtle for you to hold: :turtle:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I applied kind of late and sent in my primary about 2 weeks ago. Haven't gotten a secondary yet. Is this normal? What's their timeline?

I got a sec
I applied kind of late and sent in my primary about 2 weeks ago. Haven't gotten a secondary yet. Is this normal? What's their timeline?
I got a secondary the next morning 2 weeks ago, I think it’s random

My app was verified 9/24 and I got the secondary 10/6. I agree with @helpers56 - feels random/dependant on something unknown.

I talked to admissions today. They will be going through apps a second time in about two weeks.

I talked to admissions today. They will be going through apps a second time in about two weeks.
They will
A second time? or they will be meeting again in 2 weeks. Btw did you email admissions? I was complete 9/17 and I am starting to get worried, I don't know if I should reach out to admissions

They will

A second time? or they will be meeting again in 2 weeks. Btw did you email admissions? I was complete 9/17 and I am starting to get worried, I don't know if I should reach out to admissions

they don’t seem interested in letters of interest and appears to be pretty tough on stats this year.

Just received an II, OOS LM 63, complete July 6 <3

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I have a 3.98 just got a 498 on mcat. 3 years of research, two publications, 3 years working as an EMT, in honors college. Should I apply

I have a 3.98 just got a 498 on mcat. 3 years of research, two publications, 3 years working as an EMT, in honors college. Should I apply

Yes, shoot your shot.

Reactions: 3 users
I got a II and I am super excited about this school!! :) My issue is that I don't remember which location I chose as my preference... I thought I put Harrogate but the woman who emailed me is from Knoxville admissions. It may just be that Knoxville speaks to applicants from both locations?? I thought I should probably figure this out before the interview lol

• Love
they don’t seem interested in letters of interest and appears to be pretty tough on stats this year.
I got a II and I am super excited about this school!! :) My issue is that I don't remember which location I chose as my preference... I thought I put Harrogate but the woman who emailed me is from Knoxville admissions. It may just be that Knoxville speaks to applicants from both locations?? I thought I should probably figure this out before the interview lol
Yah! Congrats! when was your application complete?

u can check on ur acomas application

Still waiting for acknowledgement that they've even received my primary. :(

• Care
can you please share what they told you? Should we not send letters of update/interest? What are their cut offs for stats?

can you please share what they told you? Should we not send letters of update/interest? What are their cut offs for stats?

They pretty much just sent a generic reply and had no real interest in conversing. No clue on cutoffs

So the average mcat for this school last year was 501. Does that mean there’s a decent amount of students with a sub 500 mcat?