2020-2021 Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
okay, so maybe they are still in the mid-July batch? I was complete mid-August so I will happily wait longer if it brings an II to me lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
okay, so maybe they are still in the mid-July batch? I was complete mid-August so I will happily wait longer if it brings an II to me lol
I was also complete mid august! And nothing yet :(

Reactions: 1 user
how do we know which campus we are selected to interview at?

Members don't see this ad :)
how do we know which campus we are selected to interview at?
You automatically interview for both on zoom. On the secondary app you could’ve selected which campus you would prefer to go to or no preference. If you change your mind you can email them and tell them what your preference is.

did anyone's portal just crash??

1603986644781.png

I have the portal bookmarked and it says it doesn't exist - I also used the link from the email I got for the secondary and it's just gone?? I asked for a sign from the universe, but this ain't it y'all

did anyone's portal just crash??

View attachment 321737

I have the portal bookmarked and it says it doesn't exist - I also used the link from the email I got for the secondary and it's just gone?? I asked for a sign from the universe, but this ain't it y'all
I just checked mine as well and it’s doing the same thing.

So the average mcat for this school last year was 501. Does that mean there’s a decent amount of students with a sub 500 mcat?
Current 1st year with sub-500. They view you very holistically here. I had significant amount of other things that made my application worth looking at.

Reactions: 6 users
Just finished my interview. It was a great experience! I really enjoyed talking with the faculty and the school seems to really have a great culture and opportunities for research and work within the community. I hope this wait for a decision goes by fast! Looks like the wait isn't terribly long. :)

Reactions: 6 users
Got a complete email on October 22nd. Anyone know when I may hear about an interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got a complete email on October 22nd. Anyone know when I may hear about an interview?

Sometime between next week and May, probably

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users
When did you submit your secondary? I completed the secondary/paid on literally the same date but I have no complete email. Just got one about notification of payment.

Your file is complete and will be reviewed by our Admissions Committee soon. If chosen for an interview, we will contact you by phone or email with available dates. Interviews are conducted August 2020 through April 2021.

Thank you for your interest in Lincoln Memorial University-DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine.

^^Got this the day after I submitted^^

When did you submit your secondary? I completed the secondary/paid on literally the same date but I have no complete email. Just got one about notification of payment.
It’s not marked complete until they verify everything including your LORs. I called them today about same thing and then got a complete email. I waited a week between submitting to calling.

Just got an interview invite!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone else find the interview day unnecessarily long? Having to be on Zoom from 845am-245pm while only actually having a 30minute interview was extremely dragging. I appreciated the opportunities for Q&A but did not need to have 5 hours of it. I do realize they allowed us to leave and come back as we pleased but regardless, the interview day was long. Also, there was about 20-30 students interview compared to the 8-10 that I have had at previous schools. My interviewers seemed to be disengaged while I was speaking and never asked a single follow up question about any of responses. I received an email regarding my acceptance and not a phone call or any sort of package in the mail (like other schools have done). I don't know, I have a bad experience with this school so far, anyone else?

Have an interview on 11/13. Got the complete email on 10/22

Did anyone else find the interview day unnecessarily long? Having to be on Zoom from 845am-245pm while only actually having a 30minute interview was extremely dragging. I appreciated the opportunities for Q&A but did not need to have 5 hours of it. I do realize they allowed us to leave and come back as we pleased but regardless, the interview day was long. Also, there was about 20-30 students interview compared to the 8-10 that I have had at previous schools. My interviewers seemed to be disengaged while I was speaking and never asked a single follow up question about any of responses. I received an email regarding my acceptance and not a phone call or any sort of package in the mail (like other schools have done). I don't know, I have a bad experience with this school so far, anyone else?

I haven’t interviewed here, but I interviewed at a couple other schools. All I’ll say is, this cycle is very strange and these are unprecedented times. These schools have had to change SO MUCH to accommodate applicants during a pandemic. I think we can cut them a little slack for having many interviewees at one time and sending emails in lieu of a call or through the post. They’re stressed and overwhelmed much like we are. I’m sorry you had a bad experience and that might play into your decision on where you matriculate, but remember that things probably aren’t going as planned for the schools, either.

• Care
hi! so I'm interviewing on Friday and its supposed to start at 8:45 but what the heck time zone is this !!!

Okay the ADCOM meets on Wednesdays... fingers crossed sending all the good vibes into the universe :lol:

I withdrew my interview at Lincoln Memorial, I am hoping one of you gets it!

• Care

It felt long because of the platform. Every school I interviewed at had the same time frame for interview day. I didn’t find (in person) it to drag on or feel unnecessary. I can imagine being online would feel that way though!
As for the large group- that is standard here. Remember the class is very large as well compared to a lot of other schools you may have been to

Just declined my acceptance here. I hope it goes to one of you! Best of luck!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Darn, was hoping the 10/30 interviewees might hear today after seeing a few groups with a 1 week turnaround! :nailbiting:

Does anyone know how full this class is?

File just now complete on 11/6... Very interested in this school and wondering if there is still a chance

Or does anyone from previous cycles have any input?

• Care

File just now complete on 11/6... Very interested in this school and wondering if there is still a chance

I think you still have a chance of course!!!! it's still relatively early in the cycle and you are already complete so you're good.

• Care

Seconding what rachillthefout has said, there is still plenty of time to receive interviews and get accepted to medical school. Keep your spirits high my friend!

Also, love your avatar @rachillthefout

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if LMU does post-interview rejections? or do interviewees usually get placed on the alternate list?

Does anyone know if LMU does post-interview rejections? or do interviewees usually get placed on the alternate list?
As I’ve read from previous posts, the post interview acceptance is pretty high. I would say that if you are early in the cycle and get an interview, the chances for you to get accepted are pretty high. Now, if you are later in the cycle, the chances for you to be put in the waiting list is high. I would say they only reject you right away after the interview if you really do something “bad” otherwise they’ll just put you on the waiting list. Many people say that if you receive the interview, it’s because they really liked you, so your chances are good. Now, like I said before, it will depend on where in the cycle you are. As of right now, people who get interviews have a really high chance of getting in.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone who submitted in August still waiting for an update?

Just received an acceptance to Knoxville campus! :love::soexcited:

• Love
Reactions: 8 users