2020-2021 Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
after some thought, I just declined my acceptance, hope it goes to one you awesome people, good luck friends :)

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Got accepted to the Harrogate location yesterday (11/23), interviewed 11/6!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Complete 08/04. Silence since then. Should I assume I will be getting a R?
I wouldn't assume that. I had silence for 2 months and then got 2 invites, 2 rejects, and a month later I got another 2 invites. It all seems to come in waves, and the season is far from over.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Just declined my offer of admission to the Knoxville Campus. Hope it goes to someone here!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
do y'all think they're done interviewing? its been pretty silent for me, and I've read that schools like Rowan are done with their interview season already :/ tryna wait until my fall grad grades are posted so I can update everyone lol

do y'all think they're done interviewing? its been pretty silent for me, and I've read that schools like Rowan are done with their interview season already :/ tryna wait until my fall grad grades are posted so I can update everyone lol
Not done, I got an invite like just a week or two ago.

Reactions: 1 users
I just got an II last week for January. Was complete end of August and sent them an interest email end of October. So they aren’t done interviewing but I’m not sure if the class is full.

I just got an II last week for January. Was complete end of August and sent them an interest email end of October. So they aren’t done interviewing but I’m not sure if the class is full.
How could they possibly be done with interviewing/fill up the class before December 15th? this cycle is going to have a lot of movement for DO schools, no need to panic unnecessarily imo

Reactions: 2 users
I received an email saying that they are still considering me for a "possible" interview since 10/22, and I have not heard back. Anyone else in the same position?

I received an email saying that they are still considering me for a "possible" interview since 10/22, and I have not heard back. Anyone else in the same position?
Same

Members don't see this ad :)

Same here.

LMU has a ton of students and their WL is very active based on previous threads and Facebook. Patience.

How could they possibly be done with interviewing/fill up the class before December 15th? this cycle is going to have a lot of movement for DO schools, no need to panic unnecessarily imo
interviewed with VCOM-V, they said the class is full.
Not panicking, just putting that out there.

I wonder what percentage of accepted applicants DO schools lose on december 15th....

Rowan is DEF not done...I am in regular contact with the dean of admissions and she has assured me that interviews continue until the spring. Not sure where you heard this.

I wasn't sure tbh sometimes people say that med schools have the majority of their class filled and then really do some WL movement until the class starts. it's hard not to panic when you don't have an acceptance yet

Rowan is DEF not done...I am in regular contact with the dean of admissions and she has assured me that interviews continue until the spring. Not sure where you heard this.
I read it on that thread. let me see if I can find that

Reactions: 1 user
I read it on that thread. let me see if I can find that
@abdoc1993 okay so people are rumoring that Rowans pretty much done but there are people who say they continue through March. idk just seems like interview chances go down after like Jan or something

Thank you. RowanSOM is a top choice for me as it's my only instate option haha

I wasn't sure tbh sometimes people say that med schools have the majority of their class filled and then really do some WL movement until the class starts. it's hard not to panic when you don't have an acceptance yet
Bro I don't have an interview yet LOL

Got the rejection email today from the school inviting me to do their M.S. program with different tiers, one of which guarantees a conditional acceptance into DO school if I maintain 3.4 GPA in the Fall semester and get an MCAT of 499 or higher... Question is, my MCAT is already higher and my post bacc. GPA of 28 credit hours is 3.64 so I am not sure what would I be proving by doing their M.S.?

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Got the rejection email today from the school inviting me to do their M.S. program with different tiers, one of which guarantees a conditional acceptance into DO school if I maintain 3.4 GPA in the Fall semester and get an MCAT of 499 or higher... Question is, my MCAT is already higher and my post bacc. GPA of 28 credit hours is 3.64 so I am not sure what would I be proving by doing their M.S.?
It's probably just attached to all of their rejection emails. A lot of schools nowadays are doing MS programs like this.

Did you get to interview?

It's probably just attached to all of their rejection emails. A lot of schools nowadays are doing MS programs like this.
And I agree. Many schools send you this type of emails.

yes

They send it with all their rejections. I'm in a similar situation. What I'd like to do is reply "if you don't like the 3.4+ GPA in the M.S. I already have, and my 499+ MCAT, what difference would your program make?!"

They send it with all their rejections. I'm in a similar situation. What I'd like to do is reply "if you don't like the 3.4+ GPA in the M.S. I already have, and my 499+ MCAT, what difference would your program make?!"

Maybe because I’m an older non-trad with enough years in medicine under my belt and I’ve dealt with enough BS, but I’d definitely ask that question. Advocate for yourself.

keep me posted! :D let's hope for the best...an II would be cool before the new year lmao
I know thats what i'm hoping for! at least that way I can go into the new year with a tiny microscopic shred of hope that my future is not doomed

Did you get to interview?
No, I did not. That's what frustrates me, I feel like my stats are far from the best but should be high enough to get an interview, considering the requirements from their tiers in M.S. program.

I really want to send an email asking a question like that, but I might be desperate enough this cycle to actually try their M.S. program...

No, I did not. That's what frustrates me, I feel like my stats are far from the best but should be high enough to get an interview, considering the requirements from their tiers in M.S. program.

I really want to send an email asking a question like that, but I might be desperate enough this cycle to actually try their M.S. program...

Send the email. If you already have an grad degree in a hard science or medical science and a solid MCAT, ask what else you can do because an additional grad program consisting of the same courses is redundant.

Send the email. If you already have an grad degree in a hard science or medical science and a solid MCAT, ask what else you can do because an additional grad program consisting of the same courses is redundant.
Thanks. I will send an email, nothing much to lose I guess.

Thanks. I will send an email, nothing much to lose I guess.

Exactly. Worked for me in getting an II at another program. Advocate for yourself like you’d advocate for a patient.

Reactions: 4 users
I email them and a lady was nice but her response basically restated that "Since you have already completed a post-bac, your next best option would be to apply to the MS program. Given your MCAT and our tier program, you would need to earn a 3.4 GPA by the end of your fall semester and would receive a conditional acceptance into DCOM."

DCOM knows that their MS graduates are capable of handling DCOM-level coursework; that’s why the guarantee applies to those grads.

And most importantly, because funneling medical school applicants to the SMP is a smart financial move, which is why more and more medical schools are doing it. It’s cheap to run because they already have faculty and facilities in place for the medical school, and they can overcharge because their clientele will pay it for the chance to go to med school. Why would they reward you for paying another school tuition for your grad degree?

DCOM knows that their MS graduates are capable of handling DCOM-level coursework; that’s why the guarantee applies to those grads.

And most importantly, because funneling medical school applicants to the SMP is a smart financial move, which is why more and more medical schools are doing it. It’s cheap to run because they already have faculty and facilities in place for the medical school, and they can overcharge because their clientele will pay it for the chance to go to med school. Why would they reward you for paying another school tuition for your grad degree?
Exactly, $$$$$.
Having only 40% of students matriculate each cycle is very lucrative for everyone involved in the med ed industry.

Same here.

LMU has a ton of students and their WL is very active based on previous threads and Facebook. Patience.
same here and as per their email, interview sessions will last till April!

II this morning! Will be declining, hope it goes to one of you!!

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
II today! First one ever, so pretty excited. Complete email 10/26.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
Do they send out pre-II R?

I don’t think so. I think they do like a lot of places do and give false hope with “interview waitlists”. However, LMU has a ton of students between two campuses and on FB and here, folks were being accepted up until the start of school last year.