2020-2021 Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if orientation is going to be online or in person? I haven’t gotten any information about it yet.

I got an interview invite for 6/14 and was wondering, did anyone else get an interview for that day or this late in the cycle?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview invite for 6/14 and was wondering, did anyone else get an interview for that day or this late in the cycle?
I got the same invite! Very very surprised by it! Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I got the same invite! Very very surprised by it! Good luck!
Good luck to you as well! I've been scouring the LMU-DCOM site to get a refresher on the school but it's been a little difficult putting together reasons given how new the program is. I am interested in the new facilities that LMU has as well as their track record of their higher COMLEX scores but do you know of any other pros the school has to offer?

For those who have interviewed, were there students to talk to during the interview day?

Also curious to hear about anyone’s transitions from larger metropolitan areas to rural?

For those who have interviewed, were there students to talk to during the interview day?

Also curious to hear about anyone’s transitions from larger metropolitan areas to rural?
Yes, there are students from both campuses. I haven’t moved yet, but if you’re worried about moving to a rural area, chose Knoxville instead. I visited a few weeks ago and the city is a lot more metropolitan than Harrogate. I am also coming from a larger area than both cities and was worried about this. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 users
Just had my interview today and it was fairly friendly and conversational. There's a few presentations before you sit and do your interview with 2 faculty members and it lasts about 25 minutes. I was told that I could expect a response by Friday since they are finishing up decisions from what I assume. I'm guessing at the most some time next week.

Just had my interview today and it was fairly friendly and conversational. There's a few presentations before you sit and do your interview with 2 faculty members and it lasts about 25 minutes. I was told that I could expect a response by Friday since they are finishing up decisions from what I assume. I'm guessing at the most some time next week.
That's amazing-quick turnaround too! keep us posted wishing you luck

Any red flags or negatives about living in the university’s housing?
I’ve heard they’re nice but small! I have also heard that the fire alarms go off an obnoxious amount haha.

Is there an accepted students GroupMe? I was accepted back in October but never got an invite to a GroupMe. I'm on the facebook page already :)
I believe there is! I am not sure how you get on it, you may need to message someone on facebook.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone from Monday’s interview hear anything today? The “by Friday” phrasing let me get my hopes up that we would hear today 🤣

Anyone from Monday’s interview hear anything today? The “by Friday” phrasing let me get my hopes up that we would hear today 🤣
I haven't. I assumed they meant we would hear sometime before the end of the day Friday.

Just received my decision and I'm waitlisted. Anyone know about movement in the waitlist?

Just received my decision and I'm waitlisted. Anyone know about movement in the waitlist?
They told me all seats were full at both campuses & movement can happen until orientation. I was told this prior to them sending out additional interview invites.

They told me all seats were full at both campuses & movement can happen until orientation. I was told this prior to them sending out additional interview invites.

I'm not in the running for Lincoln anymore (on the waitlist for other places though), but why do they keep sending out additional interview invites while their campuses are full? Do they just not have enough bodies on the waitlist?

Yeah when i confirmed my waitlist spot, Mr. Mace from Admissions told me that they expect spots to open soon or at least alluded to that fact. I was never informed that the campuses were full before my interview!

I'm not in the running for Lincoln anymore (on the waitlist for other places though), but why do they keep sending out additional interview invites while their campuses are full? Do they just not have enough bodies on the waitlist?
I assumed the people that are currently on the waitlist will not be pulled off. Maybe they wanted more qualified candidates to pull? Who knows every time I've talked to them they tell me oh we expect movement next month & the cycle is ending soon

I assumed the people that are currently on the waitlist will not be pulled off. Maybe they wanted more qualified candidates to pull? Who knows every time I've talked to them they tell me oh we expect movement next month & the cycle is ending soon
Well. That is just cruel.

Accepted at Knoxville campus! Interviewed last Monday, waitlisted Friday, accepted today.
Did you get an email or a call with the offer? I've been getting a lot of unknown calls lately so I'm trying to parse things out lol

Did you get an email or a call with the offer? I've been getting a lot of unknown calls lately so I'm trying to parse things out lol
They’ll call you. I didn’t answer either since I get a lot of spam calls but she left a voicemail. I didn’t get an email until I accepted the offer.

I got a call from a Knoxville #. Then they emailed me the official letter of acceptance offer.

Reactions: 2 users
Is there a groupme for the accepted students to the knoxville campus? Does anyone know what it is? I requested to join the FB page of accepted students but it's still pending after 3 days...

Is there a groupme for the accepted students to the knoxville campus? Does anyone know what it is? I requested to join the FB page of accepted students but it's still pending after 3 days...
Oh goodness, it took what felt like months to get accepted to the accepted students Facebook group. Hopefully, so close to matriculation, they'll be a bit quicker about it for you...

Interviewed 6/14, waitlisted 6/18, accepted 6/25 at Harrogate!!!! What an emotional rollercoaster! When they told me Harrogate they said there were no more spots available at Knoxville for anyone wondering!

Reactions: 5 users
Does LMU do silent rejections? Or will people on the waitlist be notified of rejection?

Does LMU do silent rejections? Or will people on the waitlist be notified of rejection?

In the past, people have been accepted off of the waitlist as late as the day before the semester start, so they’re unlikely to send rejections to waitlisted people until August, but I do think they send them. Not sure about people who did not receive IIs. I know they do issue a few pre-II rejections early in the cycle.

Accepted off the waitlist last week for Harrogate! MCAT 509 GPA 3.97. Looking to switch to Knox if a spot opens up though!
Congratulations! You were waitlisted with those stats?? Do you feel like your application had a weak point?

Congratulations! You were waitlisted with those stats?? Do you feel like your application had a weak point?
I was originally supposed to go to USUHS but had my conditional acceptance was revoked due to being “ineligible” for military service :( so I think since I applied to DCOM in January that’s why I was waitlisted! They had probably already filled the class before my interview in late February

Reactions: 1 users
I was originally supposed to go to USUHS but had my conditional acceptance was revoked due to being “ineligible” for military service :( so I think since I applied to DCOM in January that’s why I was waitlisted! They had probably already filled the class before my interview in late February
Oh, I am sorry about the conditional offer being revoked at the USUHS. I thought about doing the FAP, however, I learned it be too much of a hassle to get a waiver approved for my disqualifiable medical issue, even though the medical issue hasn't existed for several years.

• Care
Oh, I am sorry about the conditional offer being revoked at the USUHS. I thought about doing the FAP, however, I learned it be too much of a hassle to get a waiver approved for my disqualifiable medical issue, even though the medical issue hasn't existed for several years.
They are awfully strict about medical issues in the military which is sad because sometimes they turn away great candidates. I did ending getting HPSP despite what happened with USUHS and I will use it at DCOM.

I just withdraw my seat at the Knoxville campus. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting to hear!

Can someone PM me the accepted students Facebook group & group me?

I will be withdrawing my acceptance to the Harrogate campus as I received an acceptance call this morning to my top choice.

To those recently accepted (or without housing), there is a 1400sq ft apartment/loft, 2bd 1.5 half with washer & dryer hook up, new appliances, all hard wood floors now available 5 miles from campus. They had another unit but both places were snatched up in less than 8 hours. Was super excited to live here for only $800.

Let me know if anyone is interested and I can give you the landlord's information for pics and more details.
Please send me the info!