2020-2021 Loyola (Stritch)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How big of a role does the student panel play in the decision making process??
0, no offense but when I do them ur all just a bunch of little boxes

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Well the last feb interview is the 11th I think so... I guess until the day before ?
So they finish their interviews ealrier this year I see. Last year the last interview date was more towards the end of Feb. Guess my chance of living in Chicago for medical school is over 😔

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
So they finish their interviews ealrier this year I see. Last year the last interview date was more towards the end of Feb. Guess my chance of living in Chicago for medical school is over 😔
Yeah, it’s sad and I’m actually kinda surprised by this. I figured that with the delay, additional applicants, and less interviewees declining that they would be extending their interview season. So it’s definitely a bummer.

Reactions: 3 users
Well the last feb interview is the 11th I think so... I guess until the day before ?

Hi Talldoc, didn't you mention earlier that the last interview date was feb 18th? did that change? are you able to check with admissions please?

Yeah, it’s sad and I’m actually kinda surprised by this. I figured that with the delay, additional applicants, and less interviewees declining that they would be extending their interview season. So it’s definitely a bummer.
Last year they sent out more IIs on 2/3. Hoping for some good news this Wed or so

Reactions: 1 user
Hi Talldoc, didn't you mention earlier that the last interview date was feb 18th? did that change? are you able to check with admissions please?
Yes sorry about not clarifying that. They seem to have change it from the 18th to the 11th.

what are the chances of getting an A at this point if we're interviewing tomorrow?

any recommendations on how to prep for this interview besides the classic questions (why medicine, why loyola, tell me about a failure, etc)?

So, all IIs are mostly gone? I saw that few people who got invited had the option for the last date on Feb 11. So they're basically done for the cycle? :(

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is the next commitee meeting this Monday? Do you think those who interviewed early/mid January would hear back?

After contemplating this for a long time, I decided to withdraw my interview here. Hope it goes to one of you guys :)

• Care
Reactions: 22 users
Do most students live in Oak Park? Also, what's the closest residence to campus?

Last edited:
Does anyone know when post interview decisions will be coming out? Haven't seen these in a while

Also, does anyone on CC know if Loyola would be open to giving application feedback?

If the last interview date is 2/11 when should we expect to get that pre-II R aha

A!!! Just got the call today. Interviewed 1/14. Good luck to everyone else :)

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
I have good news, we just added 4 more interview dates 2/16,2/18, 2/23, 2/25.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 46 users
I haven't gotten an II but since it's the very end would it hurt to send a letter of interest/update letter? I sent an update letter back in December with a new job but I just got a publication so I was thinking about including that?

I haven't gotten an II but since it's the very end would it hurt to send a letter of interest/update letter? I sent an update letter back in December with a new job but I just got a publication so I was thinking about including that?
I would send them that update. They just opened up a few more dates so they might not have sent out IIs for those dates yet. It's worth a shot to update them with something significant like a pub. I just recently sent them an update as well in hope of grabbing one of those last IIs. Good luck to both of us.

Are decisions made every 2 weeks? So now the next decision week is the week of the 21st?

Just got down with my interviews here, the first guy was a older gentlemen (he was a father for the school). He started somewhat nice and then led to this 5 minutes in.

"Do you read?"
"Yeah, quite a bit actually!"
"Oh, you write like someone who doesn't read"
I'm like "how so?"
He then said "you have some run on sentences in your app"
In my head I'm like bro who cares if I have three run on sentences.
I've seriously never heard anything like this from an interviewer (I obviously am gonna write more formal there then here). I've actually been complimented on my writing. Maybe my style wasn't something he was used to.

Then he pulled the "have you really experienced adversity for your race?" In my head I'm like how would you know that? Dude pulled a Joe Biden on me. I think he thought I was being disingenuous cuz I had two races on my app. I'm like bro you can literally see me.

The next person was incredibly nice though.

Maybe he was playing good cop, bad cop. Anyways, in the conference they said there was ~16400 applications and ~590 interview invites thus far (around 3.6%). Sheesh!
Damn that's kinda nerve-racking. Hopefully, he was just tryna put you in an awkward situation and see how you would react but congrats on your interview! Wow lol did they say how many more interviews they plan on sending out?

Damn that's kinda nerve-racking. Hopefully, he was just tryna put you in an awkward situation and see how you would react but congrats on your interview! Wow lol did they say how many more interviews they plan on sending out?
Thanks, if I could my interview to you I would (after how that went haha). I'm not certain but there's no way they're only interviewing 580 people with 16.5k (that's a minuscule rate imo) and they usually interview 5-7% of your app according to the secondary application.

"On average, we only interview between 5-7% of candidates who apply to our medical school, so you should be proud for making it this far in our process. We hope that the following information will be helpful in preparing your interview with us and we encourage you to visit our web site at www.stritch.luc.edu to learn more about the Stritch School of Medicine prior to your interview. In the meantime, if we can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected]"

They'll probably send a batch or two of invites this year. I'd imagine since we're close nearing the end of February after getting invited to an interview and going to it takes a week or two.

Just got down with my interviews here, the first guy was a older gentlemen (he was a father for the school). He started somewhat nice and then led to this 5 minutes in.

"Do you read?"
"Yeah, quite a bit actually!"
"Oh, you write like someone who doesn't read"
I'm like "how so?"
He then said "you have some run on sentences in your app"
In my head I'm like bro who cares if I have three run on sentences.
I've seriously never heard anything like this from an interviewer (I obviously am gonna write more formal there then here). I've actually been complimented on my writing. Maybe my style wasn't something he was used to.

Then he pulled the "have you really experienced adversity for your race?" In my head I'm like how would you know that? Dude pulled a Joe Biden on me. I think he thought I was being disingenuous cuz I had two races on my app. I'm like bro you can literally see me.

The next person was incredibly nice though.

Maybe he was playing good cop, bad cop. Anyways, in the conference they said there was ~16400 applications and ~590 interview invites thus far (around 3.6%). Sheesh!
I also interviewed with a “father”, im guessing the same person as you. I found his questions to be kinda “out there” as well. I felt like I was being psycho analyzed and judged the whole time.

First name begin with J? Yeah he asked super odd questions. In my app I wrote about how we derive meaning from our interactions and it's hard to derive that from just thoughts alone and he went ballistic over that. I felt like he had it out for me. Maybe it's cuz I'm not Christian? Ehh I don't care too much in the end can't dwell on it now.
Yep. I got put on CC a while ago though. Hopefully you’ll have a better outcome than me. I loved my student interviewer though. She was super nice.

What's a CC? Also had the chance to get an interview with like 100 people and we ended up with that dude hahaha. Thanks for the well wishes I wish you good fortune as well.
CC = Continued consideration. So pretty much a deferral/waitlist.

First name begin with J? Yeah he asked super odd questions. In my app I wrote about how we derive meaning from our interactions and it's hard to derive that from just thoughts alone and he went ballistic over that. I felt like he had it out for me. Maybe it's cuz I'm not Christian? Ehh I don't care too much in the end can't dwell on it now.
I can promise you, interview questions have nothing to do with your religion especially here at Stritch. I would also reccomend not openly talking about your interview like this on this forum, you are pretty clearly identifying yourself.

I also interviewed with a “father”, im guessing the same person as you. I found his questions to be kinda “out there” as well. I felt like I was being psycho analyzed and judged the whole time.
I mean isn’t that what an interview is, we’re literally judging you.

I can promise you, interview questions have nothing to do with your religion especially here at Stritch. I would also reccomend not openly talking about your interview like this on this forum, you are pretty clearly identifying yourself.
I suppose you are right I'll delete what I wrote.

So if I said in my app that I worked for planned parenthood is that an automatic R here?