2020-2021 Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you mind sharing your stats? OOS or IS? URM?
I will leave the stats to myself until I get accepted but oos no ties. URM

Members don't see this ad.

Just got the acceptance call! First acceptance and I'm so excited!!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just wanted to clarify, so if in the portal it says everything was received, it’s not actually complete until we receive a separate email?

I just wanted to clarify, so if in the portal it says everything was received, it’s not actually complete until we receive a separate email?
I believe so. I submitted my secondary and thought I was complete in August but I didn't get a complete email until December

Reactions: 1 user
Can any one answer if the school takes classes with nursing students. I saw something like that on the website so I wanted to understand

Can any one answer if the school takes classes with nursing students. I saw something like that on the website so I wanted to understand
Before covid , we had lectures periodically with nursing students to talk about clinical scenarios or medical error prevention and communication lessons. It’s not often, maybe once a semester.

Current OMS-I here! Just wanted to pop in and say don’t lose hope and everything happens for a reason :) I personally had an October interview and was waitlisted up until beginning of June! A lot of my friends were also waitlisted. If MU-COM is definitely your top choice, I would reiterate it and express it to your admissions person. Hope this helps :) good luck and congrats to everyone!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Before covid , we had lectures periodically with nursing students to talk about clinical scenarios or medical error prevention and communication lessons. It’s not often, maybe once a semester.
Thank you for responding

For the interview, will the zoom link be on the portal or will we receive another email with the link for interview day?

For the interview, will the zoom link be on the portal or will we receive another email with the link for interview day?
There should be an email with a link to the interview as well as two quick activities that need to be completed. That is sent out like the week of interview

Current OMS-I here! Just wanted to pop in and say don’t lose hope and everything happens for a reason :) I personally had an October interview and was waitlisted up until beginning of June! A lot of my friends were also waitlisted. If MU-COM is definitely your top choice, I would reiterate it and express it to your admissions person. Hope this helps :) good luck and congrats to everyone!!
Thanks for popping in! Is there a group chat for accepted students?

For any current MUCOM students that are on this forum, does MUCOM provide any technology to their students? I know some medical schools provide tablets, but I wanted to check before I buy anything.

Does anyone know the acceptance rate after getting interviewed. Do they outright reject people?

For any current MUCOM students that are on this forum, does MUCOM provide any technology to their students? I know some medical schools provide tablets, but I wanted to check before I buy anything.
Yes, the provide an iPad!

I'm kind of confused on how the whole process works. Does Marian have both a waitlist and an alternate list or are they basically used interchangeably? Also, is the list ranked or is it based on when you were placed? I'm just trying to get a realistic idea of what to expect in the next couple of months. Sorry if this question has been asked before.

I'm kind of confused on how the whole process works. Does Marian have both a waitlist and an alternate list or are they basically used interchangeably? Also, is the list ranked or is it based on when you were placed? I'm just trying to get a realistic idea of what to expect in the next couple of months. Sorry if this question has been asked before.
The waitlist and the alternate list are the same thing! I don't think the list is ranked. I think they will review all the applicants on the waitlist again when they are pulling it.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone been rejected post interview or is it just basically an automatic waitlist if you dont get an acceptance? I am just wondering how many people are probably on the waitlist and the chances of coming off it.

I wanted to write a letter of intent, since MU-COM is my top choice and I was waitlisted in February. Anyone know if they prefer email or letters/ whether to address it to the entire ADCOM or Richard Nussel or the person who emailed me my waitlist status?

Waitlisted yesterday as well

I wanted to write a letter of intent, since MU-COM is my top choice and I was waitlisted in February. Anyone know if they prefer email or letters/ whether to address it to the entire ADCOM or Richard Nussel or the person who emailed me my waitlist status?
I was on the WL last year and was accepted in May. I submitted one letter of intent via email! Hope that helps!

I was on the WL last year and was accepted in May. I submitted one letter of intent via email! Hope that helps!
Thank you for replying, that does help! Did you just send to the general admission email (if you remember)?

Thank you for replying, that does help! Did you just send to the general admission email (if you remember)?
I sent it to Daniel Goodpaster, but I know he is no longer at Marian. I would send it to whoever took his place or the general admission email!

Does anyone know if classes are business casual or is it casual attire? I know some med schools require you to dress up every day on campus...

Does anyone know if classes are business casual or is it casual attire? I know some med schools require you to dress up every day on campus...
Pretty sure there’s no dress code or anything along those lines :)

Will be pulling my interview on April 19th. Got accepted elsewhere.

Did anyone just get a email from Richard Nussle about the BMS program?