2020-2021 Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone just get a email from Richard Nussle about the BMS program?
I did not. I wonder if that's a bad sign for myself.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone just get a email from Richard Nussle about the BMS program?
yeah, i received it months after being rejected 3 times in one day by their automated system, lol

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Seeing lots of people on here on the wait list..a few years ago, I interviewed end of March, got waitlisted in April, and got in end of May. Don’t stop letting them know you’re interested. Have faith, everything will work out how it’s meant to. Message with questions, I’m available! :)

Reactions: 3 users
For the Interview, is the student Q&A questions the candidates ask the current students or are the students asking the candidates questions like a group interview?

For the Interview, is the student Q&A questions the candidates ask the current students or are the students asking the candidates questions like a group interview?
Candidates ask current students. It's very casual and relaxed!

has anyone been offered an interview in the past week or so? just wondering cause I haven't heard back... I know it's late in the cycle and chances are slim

Reactions: 1 users
Does waitlist movement start at the end of May? I was hoping for sooner in May. :oops:

Was the email about confirming the spot on the waitlist stating that we needed to confirm again or that we just had to do it at all by the deadline? Because mine appears to have already been done and there is no option for submission but I'd hate to get rejected for thinking I didn't have to do anything else.

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know the dedicated step 1 study time marian gives you?

Was the email about confirming the spot on the waitlist stating that we needed to confirm again or that we just had to do it at all by the deadline? Because mine appears to have already been done and there is no option for submission but I'd hate to get rejected for thinking I didn't have to do anything else.
On the side tab, it should say "confirmation". If you go to that page, it will have you confirm again!

On the side tab, it should say "confirmation". If you go to that page, it will have you confirm again!
That's what I had looked under and it's all greyed out with no option to submit it. It still has my answer and information from when I first confirmed it back in February. Since there is no option to confirm again, does that mean that it's already done?

That's what I had looked under and it's all greyed out with no option to submit it. It still has my answer and information from when I first confirmed it back in February. Since there is no option to confirm again, does that mean that it's already done?
Hmmm I’m not sure. When I clicked on “Response tab” it took me to the page were I had previously confirmed my spot. It was basically greyed out and I couldn’t submit again. However, when I clicked on the “Confirmation” sub tab, it took me to another page where I was able to click confirm again.
If you still can’t get there, definitely email them!

I was confused too since I had confirmed my place on the alternate list awhile ago, but they emailed back and said everything was confirmed on my end, and that I did not need to reconfirm. They also apologized for the confusion with the email.

I never confirmed because I didn’t know I had to until I got that email

Anybody have a match list for 2021?

How many people on here are also on the waitlist?
I am... also curious how big or small the waitlist is. I feel like anyone not accepted gets put on the waitlist rather than rejected post interview but i could be wrong. I just havent seen anyone on here report a rejection post interview

Interview next week. Any advice?
From my interview experience, there were no curve balls. They asked very direct questions but it was still conversational. Be professional, be yourself, and practice answering why medicine, why D.O. (without knocking MDs because throughout this cycle I had several interviews with all MDs saying they don’t see a difference between the two so why DO). Just my two cents but wish you all the best!

A earlier today - interviewed just this Monday!

Reactions: 2 users
Can any current students PM me? I've been WL'd but if accepted I will most likely attend.

sorry where does it say IA
This comes up under your post

MD: | 1°: 13 | 2°: 13 | II: 1 | IA: 1 | R: | WL: | A:
DO: | 1°: 16 | 2°: 16 | II: 5 | IA: 4 | R: | WL: 2| A: 2

What is IA? Is that showing if you accepted the interview or not?

This comes up under your post

MD: | 1°: 13 | 2°: 13 | II: 1 | IA: 1 | R: | WL: | A:
DO: | 1°: 16 | 2°: 16 | II: 5 | IA: 4 | R: | WL: 2| A: 2

What is IA? Is that showing if you accepted the interview or not?
pretty sure it means interview attended

I have a question about the “prerequisite deficiencies”. I’m missing hours for behavioral sciences. Does ethics not count?
If you have a prereq correction you can contact Linda overholt, her email is in the DOctor portal. She can tell you what the specific insufficiency is. I ended up sending a syllabus to get credit for a class and she was super helpful, it was handled in 48 hours.

I have a question and would appreciate any advice or opinion. MU-COM is my clear #1 choice but I am on the waitlist. Meanwhile I have been accepted by another school and have paid first deposit while still hoping for MU-COM. Second deposit at the other school is due in a couple days. I would pay this, but I have heard something about it being against rules to do that and still try to get through the process at Marian. Does anyone know more about this? Advice or info is much appreciated. Tried to call admissions and ask but could not get through to anyone.

Just wanted to share for those who are posting about the WL, I’ll be withdrawing my A here tomorrow.

I hope my A goes to another amazing person on the WL. Marian is a top-notch medical school and It breaks my heart to say goodbye to all the kind people I have met here. But sometimes tough decisions have to be made. Y’all are truly the best. Good luck wherever you end up!

• Care
I have a question and would appreciate any advice or opinion. MU-COM is my clear #1 choice but I am on the waitlist. Meanwhile I have been accepted by another school and have paid first deposit while still hoping for MU-COM. Second deposit at the other school is due in a couple days. I would pay this, but I have heard something about it being against rules to do that and still try to get through the process at Marian. Does anyone know more about this? Advice or info is much appreciated. Tried to call admissions and ask but could not get through to anyone.
Theres nothing against the rules in what you described. The traffic rules apply to only those who hold 2 or more acceptances. If you are accepted to only 1 school you can be on as many waitlists as you want.

You should pay the deposit at the other school to hold your seat and ensure you matriculate.

If you get off the waitlist at Marian then you would just withdraw from the other school and forfeit the deposit. Then pay a new deposit at Marian.

The traffic guidelines become active for DO schools on May 15th, when AACOMAS releases deposit and acceptance data to schools, which allows them to see if their accepted students hold deposits at other schools. Google AACOMAS traffic rules to read more about it.

Again it doesnt apply to you since you only hold one acceptance.