2020-2021 Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Theres nothing against the rules in what you described. The traffic rules apply to only those who hold 2 or more acceptances. If you are accepted to only 1 school you can be on as many waitlists as you want.

You should pay the deposit at the other school to hold your seat and ensure you matriculate.

If you get off the waitlist at Marian then you would just withdraw from the other school and forfeit the deposit. Then pay a new deposit at Marian.

The traffic guidelines become active for DO schools on May 15th, when AACOMAS releases deposit and acceptance data to schools, which allows them to see if their accepted students hold deposits at other schools. Google AACOMAS traffic rules to read more about it.

Again it doesnt apply to you since you only hold one acceptance.
Thank you so much for taking time to respond. This is great information.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I have a question and would appreciate any advice or opinion. MU-COM is my clear #1 choice but I am on the waitlist. Meanwhile I have been accepted by another school and have paid first deposit while still hoping for MU-COM. Second deposit at the other school is due in a couple days. I would pay this, but I have heard something about it being against rules to do that and still try to get through the process at Marian. Does anyone know more about this? Advice or info is much appreciated. Tried to call admissions and ask but could not get through to anyone.
I'm in the same boat. Marian is my top choice but the school I've been accepted to has their second deposit due tomorrow. It sucks to pay $1,250 to a school that I will not be attending (if I get into Marian), but I'm going to pay it anyway just to make sure I have somewhere to go. It's definitely not against the rules! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got the call from Richard Nussle, just got off the waitlist!! Was not expecting this to happen on a Sunday so it was a happy surprise :). I interviewed back in September and was waitlisted in October, and am OOS and sent a letter of intent in November if that provides any helpful info. Excited to meet my future classmates!

Reactions: 8 users
I just got the call from Richard Nussle, just got off the waitlist!! Was not expecting this to happen on a Sunday so it was a happy surprise :). I interviewed back in September and was waitlisted in October, and am OOS and sent a letter of intent in November if that provides any helpful info. Excited to meet my future classmates!
congrats!! Do you mind sharing your stats?

Thanks :) My stats: MCAT 505 / uGPA 3.1 / grad GPA 3.9. I have tons of research and EC's sprinkled in there so I think that helped overcome my stats!

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations to everyone who got off the waitlist!! I’ll be patiently waiting for my phone call (hopefully) ☺️☺️

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Cannot believe I am saying this, but I just received the acceptance call today! Was interviewed 4/23/2021, waitlisted 4/28/2021. It's been a long time coming as a non-trad and second applicant to med school! :lol:

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
how full is the class?
There are currently 90 members on the GroupMe and 98 members on the Facebook page, but there are probably 10-15 that may not be on either or are in one or the other. So I'd say at least 105-110 out of ~150.

There are currently 90 members on the GroupMe and 98 members on the Facebook page, but there are probably 10-15 that may not be on either or are in one or the other. So I'd say at least 105-110 out of ~150.
Gotcha! Just sitting here hoping for a call so I really appreciate you responding!

Has anyone heard today? I'm just curious if there is going to be a pattern or set days to getting an "off the waitlist" call so I don't stress myself out every day!

Has anyone heard today? I'm just curious if there is going to be a pattern or set days to getting an "off the waitlist" call so I don't stress myself out every day!
I’m going to assume it’s just going to be dependent on when spots open up. Hopefully there will be a pattern though because I’m definitely going to be stressed everyday until I hear something 😂

Got the call about an hour ago! My first A! Cannot believe it!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Also got the call a bit ago. Pretty surreal for sure haha

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Got the A today!! Waitlisted in January. First A so excited!

• Care
  • Love
so is it fair to assume the next waitlist movements would be around May 15?

Why May 15?
" After May 15, AACOMAS reports to each institution the names and candidates for its entering class who hold an acceptance(s) at additional institutions. An osteopathic medical college may rescind an offer of admissions to a candidate who has paid deposits to or holds positions at multiple institutions. If the osteopathic medical college chooses to withdraw the candidate from the entering class, the college must give the candidate a minimum 15-day notice. After the 15-day notice, if the candidate does not respond and is withdrawn from a college, the deposit is forfeited, and the seat may be given to another candidate. Therefore, prior to May 15, applicants need to withdraw from any college(s) which they do not plan to attend and only hold a position at one COM to avoid having positions withdrawn."

love seeing all the acceptances on here and still crossing my fingers and hopeful for the waitlisters !!
i posted a while back - if anyone has questions for a current student feel free to message! :)

Could someone post the link to the Facebook page please?

how many do they accept again ? around 150-162 right?
I believe they aim for 150! But there was one year they did accept 162... I'm pretty sure the BMS email said they were hoping for around 150!

anyone have an idea how full the class is currently?
Just checked the Groupme and there are 99 people and the accepted Facebook group has 111 if you want to use those estimate! There is some admin in there and it's likely some students haven't joined the above groups.

For anyone on the waitlist that applied to the BMS program, what did you have to do/what’s the essay prompts

In regard to the email they sent today, what does it mean to "be sure your prerequisities are up to date". Do you email them and update them or do you do it through the portal somehow?