2020-2021 Medical College of Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone have to submit a bunch of info to get credit report verified? Which agency is best?

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone have to submit a bunch of info to get credit report verified? Which agency is best?
It doesn't matter which agency you use as long as it is one of the three main ones. Go to the website below and you can get your credit report for free. I would personally get all three and confirm that there is no incorrect information/unauthorized accounts, but you will only need to submit a PDF of one. In order to get your credit report, you will have to submit a lot of personal information to get your identity confirmed.

Note: The above website is safe. You can confirm that by looking at the FTC's description of it here. Free Credit Reports

Reactions: 2 users
Curious what fellow waitlisted applicants plans are? Nervous about accepting a gap year job with the potential of being pulled off a waitlist. Others thoughts/plans?

Members don't see this ad :)
Curious what fellow waitlisted applicants plans are? Nervous about accepting a gap year job with the potential of being pulled off a waitlist. Others thoughts/plans?
I still have a couple of schools to hear back from. For now, I have a paid research internship that I will be completing over the summer. If I'm accepted, I'll obviously start school, if not, I will finish that internship and then prepare for reapplication in 2022.

Reactions: 1 user
Haven't decided about reapplying yet but this might be the end of the line for me. Still waiting on one decision so won't know for sure until then but as it stands right now, write letters of interest/update/one letter of intent to my waitlists in April, then start studying for GMAT in mid-May as I imagine my fate will very likely be sealed by then

• Care
First acceptance of the cycle... my credit report was approved to remain on the WL

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know when we might get more info about second look day? I know on the portal it says it's scheduled for April 9th but just wondering when we can expect to get more details about it!

Anyone know when we might get more info about second look day? I know on the portal it says it's scheduled for April 9th but just wondering when we can expect to get more details about it!
I don't know, but the admissions office is pretty responsive if you wanted to ask them.

Why is every single schools second look date on April 9th smh. Couldn't they spread it all out instead of forcing us to just pick one 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Hi, does anyone know how long it takes to receive a financial aid package from MCW? Or if they have even started sending them out yet? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm so nervous about hearing back this week. Do we know how many spots are available and if it is more likely to be WL due to being the last interview group of the cycle?

I'm so nervous about hearing back this week. Do we know how many spots are available and if it is more likely to be WL due to being the last interview group of the cycle?
Same but I don't think there's anyway of knowing this...They said they still have spots for acceptances, so there's a chance!

Has anyone had their Wisconsin Residency Verification marked as completed? I mailed it in a hot minute ago but it's still marked as not received in MCW connect

Has anyone had their Wisconsin Residency Verification marked as completed? I mailed it in a hot minute ago but it's still marked as not received in MCW connect
I hear it takes about a month or so!

Do you mind sharing where the financial aid survey is located on the portal? I can't seem to find it on mine.
1. FAFSA https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa

2. MCW Financial Aid Application Financial Aid and Tuition | Academic and Student Services | Medical College of Wisconsin
  • Scroll down to "How to Apply"
  • Select "Required Forms"
  • Select "Financial Aid Application (FAA)
  • Click 2021-2021 FAA-MD, MSA, PharmD
3. Parental Assistance Worksheet
  • ^same section as #2

• Care
Idk, but anyone want to adopt me so I can get that in-state monies?

• Haha
I emailed admissions and they said that they'll "send the Second Look Day agenda and call-in information at the end of this week."

Reactions: 4 users
for those that interviewed (A/purgatory/R) what day did you turn in your Easter egg collection? I’m still on thinking they didn’t even look at mine...
What?

Edit: Ah, it appears that SDN is pulling a Easter/April Fool's Day Joke, so there are lots of words changed in your comment that didn't really make sense.

I turned in my application in early August and interviewed in November.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Medical bunny training of Wisconsin lol. I can’t.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
for those that interviewed (A/purgatory/R) what day did you turn in your Easter egg collection? I’m still on thinking they didn’t even look at mine...
Late September

Just got an A from MCW!!!!!!!!!! Interviewed last Friday 3/26, beyond excited!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
I can't stop crying. A today. I'm going to be a doctor. Took the mcat 3 times. Had a 2 something college GPA. Interviewed late March. Congrats to everyone accepted and to those with low stats, I'm here to tell you, it's possible.

edit: btw "flowers" is an april fools thing for m c a t I guess
edit 2: bunny training treats = c G P A

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
A I CANT BELIEVE IT!!! It’s not over till it’s over!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Got Accepted today!!!!!! First acceptance of this cycle 😭😭😭

My roommates are now partially deaf because of me

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
AAAAAAAACEPTED! So happy. Will be attending. 42 years old and very non-trad / attorney here who wants to go to med school. Has been quite a journey. Good luck to everyone and particularly prayers for a happy ending for anyone for got waitlisted or rejected!! And looking forward to meeting all my classmates!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
withdrawing my A good luck to everyone and all the deserving people on the WL !

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
AAAAAAAACEPTED! So happy. Will be attending. 42 years old and very non-trad / attorney here who wants to go to med school. Has been quite a journey. Good luck to everyone and particularly prayers for a happy ending for anyone for got waitlisted or rejected!! And looking forward to meeting all my classmates!
Congrats on taking on a career change like that! I'm very excited to see what your experience and background as an attorney will bring to our class :)

Reactions: 4 users
1617427887723.png

• Care
Can we only hold one acceptance at MCW after April 30th? Really struggling to pick between here and UIC, but I won't get more solidifying information until early to mid-May.

Can we only hold one acceptance at MCW after April 30th? Really struggling to pick between here and UIC, but I won't get more solidifying information until early to mid-May.
No, you can hold up to 3.
April 15th is 3. April 30th you can only hold one A unless you come off of a waitlist afterwards (and then you only have a certain amount of time to decide).

No, you can hold up to 3.
This is incorrect. By April 30th, you can only hold 1 acceptance and must inform the other schools where you have acceptances that you are withdrawing. You are able to remain on any number of waitlists however. You must PTE at the 1 school that is your top (can stay on waitlists), but you don't have to commit to enroll to MCW until July 19.

Reactions: 1 users

Either I'm reading this wrong but it says the plan to enroll is April to 15th - narrow to 3
April 30th - commit to enroll becomes available - but you don't have to use it now - you can still have those 3 school
July 19 - must commit to enroll to MCW

SO, after April 30th - he/she can still have 3 schools until July 19th..

Specifically this part:
  1. On or before April 30, choose the school or program to which you plan to matriculate and promptly withdraw your acceptances from all other schools or programs.

Yes, again I will cite the chart. This line is a courtesy - basically, if you already know, just pick and stop being selfish. Only have to choose one school out of the 3 by the earliest commit to enroll deadline of one school. Email the school if you wish to verify.

Schools can see who has accepted and not accepted their offers at that point. They tend to rescind acceptances if not previously communicated with by the applicant. This has been discussed before by Gonnif and some of the ADCOMS.

Not trying to be rude, just trying to ensure that nobody accidentally has A's rescinded because of misunderstanding this

EDIT: A quote from Gonnif on this topic is pasted below.
**April 30th: This is final acceptance date. Virtually all medical schools will require that you have selected PTE or CTE for them at this point; else, your acceptance can be rescinded without notice. Again, I warn acceptees, do not wait for the last minute. Medical Schools can now run detailed reports showing which of their acceptees and waitlist alternates have PTE/CTE at their school versus aggregate of all other schools (again, medical schools will never know where else you have applied, been accepted, or on a waitlist).

What you just quoted literally says either PTE or CTE - the PTE by April 30th is mandatory - that tells 3 schools (if you have more than 3) you want one of them. The CTE is not required until July 19th for MCW. Like, actually ready the quote.
I guess I'm confused why you said you should retain 3 A's after April 30th then. It seems we're all in agreement that one should NOT do that since schools can see if you've PTE'd at that time. I have also included something from one of my applicant portals below in regards to Acceptance Protocols (which is a common theme across my A's).

According to our school-specific policies, an applicant whose first choice is [redacted] must indicate “Plan to Enroll” in AMCAS no later than April 30, 2021; at this time, you must also withdraw from all other acceptances you may be holding (although you may remain on alternate lists).

And again, I understand the difference between PTE and CTE wherein PTE allows you to stay on waitlists while CTE does not. Just clarifying this so the individual above does not get their A accidentally rescinded.

Last edited:
I guess I'm confused why you said you should retain 3 A's after April 30th then. It seems we're all in agreement that one should NOT do that since schools can see if you've PTE'd at that time. I have also included something from one of my applicant portals below in regards to Acceptance Protocols (which is a common theme across my A's).

According to our school-specific policies, an applicant whose first choice is [redacted] must indicate “Plan to Enroll” in AMCAS no later than April 30, 2021; at this time, you must also withdraw from all other acceptances you may be holding (although you may remain on alternate lists). In consideration of other applicants who want to come here, we ask you to make your final decision as soon as you know or by the stated deadline.

And again, I understand the difference between PTE and CTE wherein PTE allows you to stay on waitlists while CTE does not. Just clarifying this so the individual above does not get their A accidentally rescinded.
I was wrong. My bad. One can only maintain 3 schools from April 15th to 30th. Only one acceptance + waitlists can be maintained after April 30th

Thanks for the clarification.