2020-2021 Medical College of Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know where to find the background check form that we are supposed to get done in person?

Members don't see this ad.

For admitted students- is anyone actually purchasing textbooks from the book store, or are they "handed down" to us from the big sib file I've heard mentioned? Don't want to spend the money if I don't have to.

For admitted students- is anyone actually purchasing textbooks from the book store, or are they "handed down" to us from the big sib file I've heard mentioned? Don't want to spend the money if I don't have to.
They should be available in ebook in the online mcw library if you really have to read them. Some of them may be a good idea to get like netter anatomy if you prefer physical text. It’s like college where every class will have associated textbooks but you really learn from the powerpoints and handouts.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So I'm applying MSTP at MCW, and was told I would then also be considered for the regular MD program if I was declined. I'm curious then, could I be considered for their regional campuses as well? Should I worry about the two regional campus essays?

Just got off MKE waitlist! I don't have facebook does anyone know if there is another group chat or anything?

Reactions: 1 users
I actually ended up getting in through bright space now but I don't think my day to day schedule is available to me yet.
If you could enlighten me on which credentials worked I'd be grateful.. tried my mcwconnect username and also my email prior to the @ sign. Neither have worked so far. Have set up Duo already.

If you could enlighten me on which credentials worked I'd be grateful.. tried my mcwconnect username and also my email prior to the @ sign. Neither have worked so far. Have set up Duo already.
You should probably just email IT- I had to do this and they reset my acct so my login details worked.

For me, it weirdly took many tries until it worked but you need to enroll in and reset your password through the mcw self service (the link to enroll and reset and the current password should be in an email) and the username was my MCWConnect username and I believe the password was the auto one listed in the email which I then changed. So Ive ended up with three sets of usernames and passwords, one for my secondary portal, one for my email, and one for brightspace/other

Ques about MCW at Milwaukee. What's the primary population it serves? The website seems to emphasize a more "urban" setting but when I visited WI I didn't get that feel. It was more diverse, but I'm not sure what urban means now?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ques about MCW at Milwaukee. What's the primary population it serves? The website seems to emphasize a more "urban" setting but when I visited WI I didn't get that feel. It was more diverse, but I'm not sure what urban means now?

Thanks!
Milwaukee is super diverse, and I believe the "urban setting" refers to the different pockets of ethnic communities in the downtown area and its outskirts.

Withdrew my acceptance with a scholarship, wish whoever received both the very best luck.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys, is the 4C Coaching program worth joining?
Also wondering this - on paper it sounds really interesting but want to make sure I'm not signing up for something that I will potentially regret or struggle to find time for

Also wondering this - on paper it sounds really interesting but want to make sure I'm not signing up for something that I will potentially regret or struggle to find time for
Just FYI- they say in the email that you can stop participating at any time!

Hey guys, is the 4C Coaching program worth joining?
do this! current M3 here & i wish i had, especially as someone who has no familial connections to medicine (or WI). my peers still in it speak GREATLY about it and there are a limited number of groups

Just got accepted off the waitlist this morning. It’s not over til it’s over! So excited to be attending!

Reactions: 4 users