2020-2021 Medical School List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sylvester500

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I assembled a school list based on WARS score of 74 and, of course, my personal preferences and strengths. (513 MCAT, 3.55 cGPA with 4.0 last two years in a murderous pre-med program, 5000+ hours of clinical experience, strong PS per reviewers, etc.) Any feedback? In particular, looking to replace some of my low yield schools, if there are any good replacements to suggest. Looking to apply to 25-30 MD.

Top: Penn, WashU

High: Vandy, Emory (top choice), Pitt

Mid: Rochester (second choice)

Low: University of WA, WSU (ties to WA state), Mizzou, SLU, Wake, Wisco, MCW, VTech, Cincy, TCU

Low-Yield: Rush, Tufts, Georgetown, Loyola, Miami, GWU, Sidney Kimmel, Drexel

Currently considering adding: Quinnipiac, Albany, NYMC, Colorado, Rosalind Franklin, MUSC

Members don't see this ad.

There is a WAMC dedicated forum for these posts that are followed by people that can provide more insight. (What Are My Chances? WAMC Medical)

Make sure to check MSAR... For instance, Vanderbilt has a median MCAT of 521, with the tenth percentile at 514 and a 10% cGPA of 3.71. LIkely a donation you would be making.

Describe your ties to Washington state... Do you live in a WWAMI state? (Washington, Wyoming, Alaska, Montana, and Idaho). If not there is a slim chance you can get in, as their OOS students primarily come from the listed states, with ~1% from other states.

Those are just a few things I noticed. WARS is a good starting point, but you have to look at MSAR and each school's information to determine fit. I am not as knowledgeable as those in the WAMC forum, so I would recommend asking them.

Good stuff. Yeah — grew up in WA, went to high school down the street from UW in Seattle, then moved away for college and haven't moved back (graduated in '19).

I agree, Vandy seems ridiculous (and WashU and Penn, for that matter). Getting a little to caught up in the whole WARS score paradigm.

I'll move to WAMC thread.