2020-2021 Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys, I have a few questions. Are semester hours just what I'm taking this semester or how many I have total with the university? Also, how long until your FAP email got approved? I wrote in a brief explanation on the secondary app about close ties, do we also need to fill out the close ties form too?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello,
Have any one had their LOR marked not received but it already been upload onto the AMCAS system?
Thanks

Emailed admissions today. 3.7 GPA is minimum cutoff for OOS, even with strong ties.

I wonder if 3.69 cumulative with 3.8 science would be enough. I went to undergrad in Charleston, own property there, and half my family lives there, including my 94 year old grandparents who I'd love to live near again before its too late. Hopefully that hundredth of a point doesn't disqualify me...

Members don't see this ad :)
When I check my application progress, it says "no letters recorded yet." Is it like this for everyone else? I assume MUSC has to manually upload the letters from AMCAS.

can I ask you when you sent your email in? I sent it in the first day and still haven't received an answer from them. Also, do you mind telling me whether you are IS or OOS?
OOS. But just to clarify, I am applying for MD/PhD so I emailed them instead of the MD program email. Got a response from them after 3 days with the code.

OOS. But just to clarify, I am applying for MD/PhD so I emailed them instead of the MD program email. Got a response from them after 3 days with the code.
Thank you for letting me know! Hopefully, I'll hear back soon... I am a little worried that my complete date is getting pushed back at this point

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you for letting me know! Hopefully, I'll hear back soon... I am a little worried that my complete date is getting pushed back at this point
I'm in the same boat... im gonna hit the 2 week mark at this point so idk if I should just figure out a way to pay the fee

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone receive any other form after the secondary ?
Thanks

Has anybody had their letters marked "received" yet?

Are IIs only going out to ED right now?

Also I submitted my secondary within an hour of receiving it the first day and my letters have still not been marked as received.

ED applicant - II received yesterday, my application status checker still indicates that they haven't received my letters so I wouldn't worry about it

Starting to get slightly worried. No secondary yet, submitted primary 8/16. OOS with very strong ties.

For anyone who is also out of state but with strong close ties, how many days did it take to receive your secondary? I was verified last Thursday but haven't heard anything yet and am wondering if I should fill out the close ties form now in order to hear back.

For anyone who is also out of state but with strong close ties, how many days did it take to receive your secondary? I was verified last Thursday but haven't heard anything yet and am wondering if I should fill out the close ties form now in order to hear back.
OOS w strong ties but don't fit their criteria for "close ties" due to their strict residency requirements..... Verified in June, got secondary 8/12. I could be wrong, but I don't think they assume ties before providing a secondary. I think it is based on meeting their statistic requirement which someone posted in this thread once.

MSTP applicant here. Got an email 20 days ago saying that they will have a decision on my application in 2-3 weeks. Just now got correspondence stating that there are many more applicants than expected and that they will be back in touch come November, but that I am still under review. Anyone else in the same boat?

MSTP applicant here. Got an email 20 days ago saying that they will have a decision on my application in 2-3 weeks. Just now got correspondence stating that there are many more applicants than expected and that they will be back in touch come November, but that I am still under review. Anyone else in the same boat?
When did you submit? I did not get any email after receiving my complete email.

Hi my AMCAS application was sent on Tuesday and I received all secondaries except MUSC so far. Is this normal? I'm an in state applicant and am wondering if anyone knew anything or how long it took for them to receive a secondary?

Hi my AMCAS application was sent on Tuesday and I received all secondaries except MUSC so far. Is this normal? I'm an in state applicant and am wondering if anyone knew anything or how long it took for them to receive a secondary?
I definitely received this secondary a little later than the rest. Just be patient. It will come.

Finally got the secondary. Would a cousin in-law count for relatives who attended? Should I bother putting her down or does it look desperate lol. The relationship is too many characters for the space anyway..

Finally got the secondary. Would a cousin in-law count for relatives who attended? Should I bother putting her down or does it look desperate lol. The relationship is too many characters for the space anyway..
I would just list it as cousin. Take whatever connection you can get!

My primary got to MUSC on 8/25 and I just received their secondary yesterday, 9/10! It takes a bit, but I don't think it's due to any screening. They use the secondary info to further screen applicants based on the SC Ties, MCAT Scores, GPA, etc.

For test score entry on the secondary, should we indicate future test dates or leave them out since that's noted on AMCAS. I'd put my pending score date, but I obviously don't have the scores to enter yet

For test score entry on the secondary, should we indicate future test dates or leave them out since that's noted on AMCAS. I'd put my pending score date, but I obviously don't have the scores to enter yet

I think you could put the date you took the MCAT and if you leave out the score, they will be able to see on your AMCAS that the score is pending. I think they only have that on the secondary as another way to screen, but they have to check AMCAS to verify everyone's MCAT score so don't worry about it not being on the secondary.

Musc requires two science teacher recommendations?
Can’t get into portal. What is a college net ID?

II last night at like 10:30 pm. 4.0/520, IS, ORM, complete 8/12!

Did y’all get a complete email? Thank you!
Yes I think, it was an email from HelpDesk, that said: "The online application to the Medical University of South Carolina that you just completed has been successfully submitted."