2020-2021 Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MSUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
wow SDN really is NOT representative if there has been movement and you are the only person who posted about it :( Congrats dude!!
What makes you think it’s not representative? I totally agree with small sample size, but anything else?

Members don't see this ad.

What makes you think it’s not representative? I totally agree with small sample size, but anything else?
I just meant because it’s been an hour and a half since 10 am and no one else has reported an A on here, so either the movement wasn’t large today like D Swiecz said or mostly non-SDN users got in today.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A today around 10 AM, after being put on tier 1 WL. Received a call followed by an email

Reactions: 1 users
Maybe there’ll be more calls in the afternoon (I hope)

Reactions: 3 users
either not representative or the school is now doing it on a continual basis to offer as soon as something gets vacant.

Reactions: 1 user
I hope they just send them throughout the week now instead of waiting for the weekend
CMU switched up to doing it like that. They accept people as spots open nearly daily. Maybe MSUCOM will do something similar

CMU switched up to doing it like that. They accept people as spots open nearly daily. Maybe MSUCOM will do something similar
Oh man i hope so too it’s a long wait until the end of the week, did they just start doing that?

Oh man i hope so too it’s a long wait until the end of the week, did they just start doing that?
Yeah, they started last Thursday and accepted people up until this past Wednesday, I believe. It's been a trickle of students being A'd there (like 1/2 from SDN everyday), so it's possible that people were accepted yesterday and today that are not on SDN.

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my acceptance, good luck to those on the waitlist!

Reactions: 7 users
I also got the A after T1 WL'ed on Friday. Got the voicemail at 9 am and an email an hour after.

Sorry to be "THAT guy" but has anyone been moved to the EL site? I've been placed in Monroe and am on the EL waitlist.

I also got the A after T1 WL'ed on Friday. Got the voicemail at 9 am and an email an hour after.

Sorry to be "THAT guy" but has anyone been moved to the EL site? I've been placed in Monroe and am on the EL waitlist.
Moving from Macomb or Detroit to EL is much more likely then the other way around, congrats on the A!

Does anyone know how they choose to move people off the WL to acceptance?

Does anyone know how they choose to move people off the WL to acceptance?
There’s a “cue” on each tier. Once a seat opens, the next person in line gets the seat. In terms of movement within a tier, it seems like it does happen since they suggest sending in updates and whatnot.

Got the call at 10:51 am while on the boat in the middle of Lake St. Clair! 507 MCAT. Don’t remember what my GPA is. IS

Reactions: 15 users
So I guess it really is looking like they’re just going one-by-one at this point (with I imagine I big boost after the May 15th CTE deadline).

My T3 self really knows what the outcome is going to be, but dang do I still want to believe lol

So I guess it really is looking like they’re just going one-by-one at this point (with I imagine I big boost after the May 15th CTE deadline).

My T3 self really knows what the outcome is going to be, but dang do I still want to believe lol
I'm T1 and I'm feeling anxious af. I really don't want to reapply for a 3rd time

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
I am also in the same boat as a T1. Nervous, but optimistic. However, as the days tick on I get more and more anxious. Im curious what the dates were like in 2019 and if more movement happened after the DO commit to enroll date.

Hi everyone!! Is there a current student at MSUCOM that could reach out through DM? I have a question regarding residency matching and the Macomb site!! Thanks!!!

Edit: Just got matched through the big sib/lil sib program. Super helpful program and my questions were answered immediately.

Last edited:
  • Care
Hi everyone!! Is there a current student at MSUCOM that could reach out through DM? I have a question regarding residency matching and the Macomb site!! Thanks!!!
I have a question very similar to this, would be awesome if you don't mind answering one my questions too!
@D Swiecz do you plan on attending the Macomb campus?

I have a question very similar to this, would be awesome if you don't mind answering one my questions too!
@D Swiecz do you plan on attending the Macomb campus?
I do! It’s the best one for me (and EL has a short WL, so I’d hate to have to find a place on such short notice if I got in)

Congrats! What do you mean by EL having a short WL?
When Laurie called, she said that the possibility of getting in EL is pretty high, but it does have a WL to get in, so she cautioned me about getting a place to live if that’s my first choice!