2020-2021 Midwestern University (Chicago, Illinois) CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II! Just got my first of the cycle WOO! Do we know how long this interview is?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Complete 6/30 haven't heard anything yet. OOS LM 68

Reactions: 1 user
Nothing here either my MCAT is lower than their avg so this is prob a rejection haha. I was complete on 7/24.

Heck yah II, fourth of this cycle

Members don't see this ad :)
why are you sad?
I am sad too...I haven't received a single interview this cycle yet
CCOM is one of my top choices and seeing all these II’s hurts my heart lol. I know I should be thankful for the one I have.
Your time will come soon :angelic:

Reactions: 4 users
CCOM is one of my top choices and seeing all these II’s hurts my heart lol. I know I should be thankful for the one I have.
Your time will come soon :angelic:
yeah...seems like they are sending II to high stat applicants right now

Congrats to everyone with an II!!! That is so amazing and you should be so proud. I have a LM of 67 OOS with strong ties and no II :( also my top choice. It will be okay though everyone that didn't get an II, its a long cycle and our times will come! :)

Reactions: 8 users
why are you sad?
I am sad too...I haven't received a single interview this cycle yet
Hang in there, its still so early. I think this is first batch of interviews @ CCOM. There will be many more to come.

Reactions: 2 users
were you guys able to schedule your interview? For some reason it keeps telling me I don't have access to the page??

I have a 504 MCAT, complete on 8/7. Feel like I don't have a chance :/
Hey i received my first II from ccom. 505 mcat and was complete on 6/25. Don’t lose hope. It’s still early. They probably haven’t even had a chance to look at your app yet.

I also applied to atsu and dmu and still havent received any II from them despite applying early.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey i received my first II from ccom. 505 mcat and was complete on 6/25. Don’t lose hope. It’s still early. They probably haven’t even had a chance to look at your app yet.

I also applied to atsu and dmu and still havent received any II from them despite applying early.
Thank you so much, this certainly lifted my spirits a little! Hope this cycle goes well for you and good luck!!!!

don't worry fam. I have a 509 and was complete in June but haven't heard from any schools yet. we will be ok.

Reactions: 7 users
I have a 3.43 cGPA and 3.52 sGPA with a 516 MCAT and still haven't received an interview. LM 69-70.

Last edited:

Same boat, still nothing. 504 and complete around 8/10 because of a late committee letter. I'm trying not to worry about it, starting to get IIs from other schools that have been interviewing for weeks (though ccom is one of my top choices). It's still pretty early though! Hang in there

• Love
3.3 uGPA, 3.84 gGPA, 513 MCAT. OOS but ties to Illinois. Secondary submitted mid-June. Received interview invite in mid-August. HMU if you have questions. Interview is scheduled for September 21st.

3.3 uGPA, 3.84 gGPA, 513 MCAT. OOS but ties to Illinois. Secondary submitted mid-June. Received interview invite in mid-August. HMU if you have questions. Interview is scheduled for September 21st.
did you do an SMP by any chance or was it just a masters with no linkage?

did you do an SMP by any chance or was it just a masters with no linkage?
I just did a regular Master's program with no linkage to medical school. I received my master of science in chemistry.

Thank you! I have a sub 500 MCAT score. Do you think I have a chance?
I don't know the rest of your application so its hard to give you an answer. But maybe you have chance.... You can also call admissions and ask them. They will give you a better answer than anyone on SDN.

Could anyone help clarify the interview format? They use a panel of interviewers but I wasn't sure if the interview would be with a group of interviewees, especially with the virtual format. It seems like its relative low stress so I assume its a combination of traditional and MMI questions?

Thank you! I have a sub 500 MCAT score. Do you think I have a chance?

I had a friend last year apply with a 503 and was rejected. When they reached out to inquire why CCOM said their app was great except for the MCAT which was low. Generally speaking and I got this impression when I did a tour a couple years ago they expect at least their average of 508. So yes theoretically it’s possible but I think most likely not a very good chance.

I had a friend last year apply with a 503 and was rejected. When they reached out to inquire why CCOM said their app was great except for the MCAT which was low. Generally speaking and I got this impression when I did a tour a couple years ago they expect at least their average of 508. So yes theoretically it’s possible but I think most likely not a very good chance.
Okay thank you for this! Maybe I’ll pass on this school then

3.8 gPA 511 mcat 3.67 sGPA application completed 7/24 and no II. Anyone else in similar boat? Don't know if I should expect an II

3.8 gPA 511 mcat 3.67 sGPA application completed 7/24 and no II. Anyone else in similar boat? Don't know if I should expect an II

It’s super early - I’m similar to you in regard to what you mentioned. Just have to be patient I guess!

+1 LM68 and 4.0 in SMP, was complete early July. Not sure if it matters but I'm on hold at az

+1
3.89 GPA and 512 MCAT....I submitted in July as well. I got an interview at azcom, but nothing here :/

idential stats. complete 6/30 no II

will definitely keep you guys updated! I saw that some people from early june were getting interviews and the same time people from august were - so was a little confused about the timing

Could anyone help clarify the interview format? They use a panel of interviewers but I wasn't sure if the interview would be with a group of interviewees, especially with the virtual format. It seems like its relative low stress so I assume its a combination of traditional and MMI questions?
From my understanding, it will be 1 DO, 1 med student, and 1 faculty member from the school and they will simply interview each candidate individually, one at a time.

any previous/current students at CCOM have advice on their interview format/what to expect?

Complete 8/8 but haven’t heard anything yet. Anyone have a time between complete and II?