2020-2021 Midwestern University (Glendale, Arizona) AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

secondary received a few minutes ago!
essays:
Why do you believe AZCOM would provide you with the type of osteopathic medical education you are seeking? (1500 characters)
Why should AZCOM accept you into this year's class? (1500 characters)
Upload a copy of your resume or curriculum vitae

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
The AZCOM secondary questions are essentially the same as the Chicago campus question ( not too surprised about that). Is there any reason not to use the same responses for both secondaries?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary received today. ^I'm just copy and pasting my secondary for question #3 from CCOM. For question #2 I'm going to do some slight research into AZCOM to see if there's some distinction between the two campuses.

Reactions: 1 user
Secondary received today. ^I'm just copy and pasting my secondary for question #3 from CCOM. For question #2 I'm going to do some slight research into AZCOM to see if there's some distinction between the two campuses.

I’ve only done a little research, but i couldn’t find anything too specific regarding unique programs are curricula at either campus... the biggest difference is the location but even so they are both in large metropolitan areas.. not sure how else to justify choosing one over the other

I’ve only done a little research, but i couldn’t find anything too specific regarding unique programs are curricula at either campus... the biggest difference is the location but even so they are both in large metropolitan areas.. not sure how else to justify choosing one over the other

I'm thinking I'm just going to copy my secondaries over from CCOM. I might add a little about wanting to practice out west but otherwise I don't see any harm in it.

Any other Canadian applicants? I just got the secondary and I'm in the process of completing registration and it asks my Visa status. I don't currently have one, but I would apply for an F-1 eventually. Did you just say 'None' for now? Or did you indicate the Visa you would get?

I submitted mine to both AZ and CCOM on 6/25, made some minimal edits for each question since both schools are extremely similar.

I submitted my secondary once my secondary fee was waived. I am currently enrolled in the 1 year masters program at Midwestern in Glendale. I start the 1 year program in August.

I submitted my secondary once my secondary fee was waived. I am currently enrolled in the 1 year masters program at Midwestern in Glendale. I start the 1 year program in August.
Hey, you might want to change your profile picture to remain anonymous ( if that is actually you).

Did you guys submit resumes or CVs? I know CVs are more detailed so am wondering if thats more beneficial to do. And also, how did you structure those docs? TIA!
I did my clinical resume. Figured since everything else was pretty much on the primary then the only thing that really wasn’t was just my main job resume.

Primary submitted 6/17, verified 6/24, secondary and LORs received 6/24 and submitted 6/28!

Hey everyone!
I received my secondary today but I have a question about my resume: so on AACOMAS, I included all organizations and activities I was involved in but my resume is only limited to information that is relevant (health care experience, leadership experience (TA, mentor, etc), research, and publications). I did this as the career center at my school advised that I keep relevant information so that my resume is under a page long. Should this be okay? Or do I need to include everything I included on my AACOMAS app onto my resume, because then it'll end up being 2 pages long as opposed to 1 lol. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else have everything in except for the letters of recommendations? I got my letters in through AACOMAS so maybe its on their end?

Anyone else have everything in except for the letters of recommendations? I got my letters in through AACOMAS so maybe its on their end?
I'm in the same boat. My university compiled a letter packet for me, and so it looks like one letter but is actually five, I sent them an fyi email but haven't heard back yet. In the checklist it states that letters are not automatically uploaded from AACOMAS and it could take up to two weeks.

I'm in the same boat. My university compiled a letter packet for me, and so it looks like one letter but is actually five, I sent them an fyi email but haven't heard back yet. In the checklist it states that letters are not automatically uploaded from AACOMAS and it could take up to two weeks.

Looks like we're in the same situation then! Yeah we should probably wait a little I guess.

I submitted AACOMAS to Arizona, can I submit secondaries to Illinois instead or should I just send to Arizona?

I submitted AACOMAS to Arizona, can I submit secondaries to Illinois instead or should I just send to Arizona?

Depends if you like the Illinois campus and if you can see yourself going there. The primary for Illinois is separate from the Arizona one, FYI.

Submitted primary last night, received secondary today and submitted. Complete 7/6

Judging by last years thread, interview invites could start this week. Do y'all think interviews will be virtual or in person?

Judging by last years thread, interview invites could start this week. Do y'all think interviews will be virtual or in person?

Most likely virtual. As much as I wish we could visit the schools and have that whole interview day experience, I’m kinda happy that I don’t need to take out a loan just to pay for travel $$$

Submitted 7/3. Complete email received 7/15.

Primary submitted 6/17, verified 6/24, secondary and LORs received 6/24 and submitted 6/28!
Hi! I received an email that said they were missing components of my application. I haven't submitted my secondary yet (I am today), but I wasn't sure if the status of the letters would update once I sent in my secondary. Do you or any one else know?
Thank you!

I received and completed the secondary from AZCOM. But I don't see a submission button. How do I submit the secondary?

I know someone mentioned earlier that previous threads talked about II's near the beginning of July. Has anyone heard anything about this year?

When I open my applicant portal I have an "x" instead of a check next to mcat, but my scores have been submit to AACOMAS since I applied.. anyone else having this problem?

When I open my applicant portal I have an "x" instead of a check next to mcat, but my scores have been submit to AACOMAS since I applied.. anyone else having this problem?
It might depend on when you applied. Did you apply later in the cycle or nearer to the beginning? If it was later, it could be due to time delays they are having due to covid. If it was near the beginning, I would email them to make sure that your score got in.

Hey everyone! I was wondering if people had any resources to learn about the school/program opportunities outside of their website?

Thanks and good luck to all!!

Just submitted my secondary application. Do you guys think i'm late?

Hey quick question- did anyone talk about the Integrated Ultrasound Curriculum in their secondary

Hey everyone! I was wondering if people had any resources to learn about the school/program opportunities outside of their website?

Thanks and good luck to all!!
I literally emailed their admissions team with a bunch of questions and someone got back to me within a week or so.

Hey guys, current M-1. We just started orientation yesterday so I don’t have a ton of first-hand information about the program yet, but I can answer questions about the interview process the best I can. I interviewed in person before covid, so not sure how interviews went after covid.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if AZCOM considers apps w/out MCAT scores for II? I know CCOM doesn't look at secondaries until MCAT scores are out but I wasn't sure if AZCOM is the same..

Sorry to hear that. Did they provide you with any reason as to why or was it just a generic R?
I guess that means II are coming out soon.
Generic R with a “email us for how to strengthen your app for reapplying”

Generic R with a “email us for how to strengthen your app for reapplying”
well that's frustrating, but it's AZCOM's loss. Guess it's time to bombard them with emails? :)

Hey guys, current M-1. We just started orientation yesterday so I don’t have a ton of first-hand information about the program yet, but I can answer questions about the interview process the best I can. I interviewed in person before covid, so not sure how interviews went after covid.

Hello kind stranger. Could you tell us more about the dynamic you got from AZCOM and why you chose AZCOM over other schools?