2020-2021 Midwestern University (Glendale, Arizona) AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats on the acceptance! How long after the interview did you hear about your admission?
Exactly 1 week post-interview for me, they seem to be pretty fast with everyone after interviews

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
The previous accepted applicants got me all excited 😭 our turnaround isn't nearly as fast

Do they do acceptances over the weekend? Otherwise we are waiting for Monday

I received my call on a Monday and interviewed the Friday before!

Just got waitlisted with a 3.6 and a 515, honestly pretty frustrated, better than an R i guess though

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
^^post-II alternate as well! Not good but not terrible haha

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Just got waitlisted with a 3.6 and a 515, honestly pretty frustrated, better than an R i guess though
Those are literally my stats! I got put on post-II alternate though. Anyone know difference between Alternate and Waitlist for AZCOM? From what I've read waitlist is above alternate list? It's pretty confusing lol.

Also got my first 2 responses from interviews today and they are both WL/alternate..... :(

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
alternate list as well, 3.7, 516 🙃 I think waitlist and alternate list are the same at MWU

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Its crazy to hear these high stats not getting accepted. Do you guys think all schools' accepted stats, or atleast azcom's, will be higher than their typical averages this year?

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Azom filled their class so we have to wait on movement. More medical students are accepting their interview this year since it’s virtual. In the past, super qualified students would stop taking interviews to save cost from flights and hotels but it’s not a concern this year. Plus midwesterns accepted deposit is super cheap

• Wow
Azom filled their class so we have to wait on movement. More medical students are accepting their interview this year since it’s virtual. In the past, super qualified students would stop taking interviews to save cost from flights and hotels but it’s not a concern this year. Plus midwesterns accepted deposit is super cheap

I think this must be the reason...but it’s crazy to think at this point of the cycle they are starting to put everyone on the waitlist.

• Sad
Did you find this out from ADCOMS or is this presumptive based on the number of people who were waitlisted?

That makes sense, where did you here they filled all the seats already? Im sure there will be movement since its only January. People will withdraw

Did anyone from the 1/12 interview or later get the A?

Did you find this out from ADCOMS or is this presumptive based on the number of people who were waitlisted?
I heard from admissions that more people are submitting their deposits than usual this year so it’s likely we would be waitlisted

• Wow
I heard from admissions that more people are submitting their deposits than usual this year so it’s likely we would be waitlisted
That makes sense, where did you here they filled all the seats already? Im sure there will be movement since its only January. People will withdraw

Did anyone from the 1/12 interview or later get the A?
^ also curious lol. I was also 1/12.

Interviewed on 1/13 and was also placed on the alternate list. 4.0, 514, and in-state. Really bummed by this news, but I'm hoping to hear something good in the future!

• Care
How often is it to get off of the pre-interview waitlist? My stats are strong and have been accepted into other programs, but this is my dream school. Any chance this late in the game?? Out of state.

If you really are interested in the program and you're on hold, I recommend reaching out. I had success with this.

I got pre-interview waitlisted. Does AZCOM accept update letters?

II Today for Feb 17th. submitted and complete on 1/13. hopefully there still are seats available!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
II Today for Feb 17th. submitted and complete on 1/13. hopefully there still are seats available!
Based on this thread it seems the class is full since they've only been giving alternates and waitlists recently. But who knows, maybe the reserve a couple seats for your interview day? Still worth giving it your best shot since nothing to lose!

In my experience, schools don't invite if they don't have spots available. The application process is brutal but it's not cruel. If they didn't have spots, I think you would get an interview waitlist. That being said, not sure if it's 1 spot or 10. Regardless, an invite means they are interested. So good luck and you got this!!

• Care
  • Love
Did anyone that interviewed in early Jan receive acceptance? it'd be just ridiculous that they put everyone on the waitlist.

II at 2:30 am haha. i was complete on 8/13.

will be declining though. good luck to y’all!

For those accepted, is there anything we need to be doing lol. Besides signing and sending the stuff on the portal?

Did the same thing, been on interview hold since September 1st lol.

I know someone mentioned the class being full or more people paying the deposit but there's more interviews coming so I'm guessing there's still spots/expected WL movement

Any chance I can get an II? I was complete 1/8. Midwestern is my #1 choice 😩

Can I send an update?

For those accepted, is there anything we need to be doing lol. Besides signing and sending the stuff on the portal?
Ya I think its really just a matter of getting in the immunization records and doing fun financial aid-related stuff? Haha your guess is as good as mine

• Haha
For those who interviewed recently, could you share a little bit about your experience? Was it more traditional or conversational? Did you find the interview feedback questions on sdn helpful?
it was not very conversational in my opinion, quite interrogative. They threw some kinda crazy questions related to my experiences/research that I really was not expecting (and your classic difficult interview questions) and had some trouble formulating a response. At the end they started to be a little bit more conversational since they opened the floor for your questions tho

Yea some of the questions were quite bizzare. Was taken by suprise by a few but overall really nice group of people!

Is there an active Facebook group for accepted students? I found one but it has like 6 people in it lol. In any case, I am an OOS student whose interested in finding roommates for a house nearby campus