2020-2021 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM-Jonesboro)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Figured I would get things started. Good Luck to everyone in this cycle. Currently on 3 MD waitlists for 2020. Not feeling super hot about my chances, but I am really excited about the possibility of NYIT in 2021. Lived on Long Island all my life would love to go to school here.

Reactions: 1 users
Figured I would get things started. Good Luck to everyone in this cycle. Currently on 3 MD waitlists for 2020. Not feeling super hot about my chances, but I am really excited about the possibility of NYIT in 2021. Lived on Long Island all my life would love to go to school here.
Good luck!! By the way they seem to be making two threads for this school this year and this is the Arkansas one! The Long Island one is this: 2020-2021 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM)

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a question. My AACOMAS app was submitted yesterday (not verified) but completed. Yet, I still got an email from NYITCOM today saying they received my app.... that I could submit the secondary app already. I didn't know that was possible unless I was verified?

I have a question. My AACOMAS app was submitted yesterday (not verified) but completed. Yet, I still got an email from NYITCOM today saying they received my app.... that I could submit the secondary app already. I didn't know that was possible unless I was verified?

AACOMAS often sends your contact info to schools immediately when you submit. I believe when you make your account, you consent to this in the term/conditions. This allows for a school to send you a secondary before being verified. In some cases, AACOMAS even sends your contact info to schools when you simply start working on the primary for specific schools. PCOM is the latter example. Simply starting to work on their primary app in AACOMAS and leaving it for a while will trigger them to send you a random email asking you to finish up!

AACOMAS often sends your contact info to schools immediately when you submit. I believe when you make your account, you consent to this in the term/conditions. This allows for a school to send you a secondary before being verified. In some cases, AACOMAS even sends your contact info to schools when you simply start working on the primary for specific schools. PCOM is the latter example. Simply starting to work on their primary app in AACOMAS and leaving it for a while will trigger them to send you a random email asking you to finish up!
Awesome! Thank you so much for clearing that up. I was confused haha.

anyone else struggling with the 1000 character limit???
Hello your jokiness,
It's quite tight, I agree! At first I thought it would be a pretty ample amount but once you start trying to fit into it, it definitely shows it's ugliness. I recommend you critically analyze what you're writing! If you can, maybe leave it for a day and come back with a fresh mind; you'll probably see a lot of things pop up in front of you being redundant!

Verified 6/2. Received secondary 6/18. submited 6/27. Application marked complete today!

Reactions: 1 user
Hello your jokiness,
It's quite tight, I agree! At first I thought it would be a pretty ample amount but once you start trying to fit into it, it definitely shows it's ugliness. I recommend you critically analyze what you're writing! If you can, maybe leave it for a day and come back with a fresh mind; you'll probably see a lot of things pop up in front of you being redundant!
thank you! i actually did this today and was able to cut out a lot. fingers crossed it is still meaningful

• Love
This part of the sub has been pretty quiet probably because not much has been going on with the app haha. Does anyone know about when II's are sent out for this school? And have you heard much about the quality of this school from med students?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Will this school notify you when your application is complete? Also, does anyone know if they are OOS friendly?

Will this school notify you when your application is complete? Also, does anyone know if they are OOS friendly?

I never got a complete notification and I sent my secondary end of June

I got an application complete email after I submitted my payment. Maybe email them? I believe they are OOS friendly.

Does anyone have an idea of when nyit will start sending out II?

Congrats !! When were you complete
Oh Im sorry I just realized this is for the wrong other campus. I got an interview for Long Island! lmk if you still want stats, happy to give them!

Has anyone who said they preferred the Jonesboro campus receive an II yet?

II this evening!

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats!! what are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

Thank you! 504, 3.67 cGPA, 3.45 sGPA
Interview scheduled for next week. It’s a 4 hour long time block but they said the actual interview is 30 mins

Thank you! 504, 3.67 cGPA, 3.45 sGPA
Interview scheduled for next week. It’s a 4 hour long time block but they said the actual interview is 30 mins
Sounds like you have a solid app! Wow I wonder what the other 3 1/2 hours will consist of haha. Which dates did they have available?

Sounds like you have a solid app! Wow I wonder what the other 3 1/2 hours will consist of haha. Which dates did they have available?

Haha I’m not sure! I’ll report back. They gave me between September 8th-11th to choose from

II just checked my junk mail!

Received an II yesterday evening. Good luck everyone!

• Love
Did anyone who is interviewing next week get the email with the Zoom link yet?

I got it the day after I confirmed the interview date.

Thanks! I checked my spam and it was there. When I signed up for the interview, I was under the impression it would be a 4 hour time commitment with various sessions in addition to the interview. However the email said my interview is at a certain time in that four hour block. Do you think this means the interview is just those 30 mins then?

Thanks! I checked my spam and it was there. When I signed up for the interview, I was under the impression it would be a 4 hour time commitment with various sessions in addition to the interview. However the email said my interview is at a certain time in that four hour block. Do you think this means the interview is just those 30 mins then?
From what I pieced together, it looks like that, and then they offer the 9 am welcome session which was optional, but obviously going to go to. I sent the person in charge of the welcome session an email just to clarify if there were interview events at 8 am just to make sure but no response yet.

From what I pieced together, it looks like that, and then they offer the 9 am welcome session which was optional, but obviously going to go to. I sent the person in charge of the welcome session an email just to clarify if there were interview events at 8 am just to make sure but no response yet.
Please let us know when they respond if you can! I was also really confused about that haha

Please let us know when they respond if you can! I was also really confused about that haha
+1 on the confusion! I interview on Friday and I'm hoping someone earlier in the week will fill us in on their experience!

+1 on the confusion! I interview on Friday and I'm hoping someone earlier in the week will fill us in on their experience!
I’ll let y’all know if they respond! Just curious, how many of y’all that received an interview is IS/OOS? I’m IS

Just canceled my interview for this Friday, hope it goes to one of you guys!

The reply to my initial email noted that there are not any interview events at 8 AM. Excited to interview here!

Good luck to everyone interviewing today!

Reactions: 2 users
II received for Jonesboro campus today 9/9. Complete on 8/12.