2020-2021 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is the program if you maintain a certain GPA scale in the masters program you will be automatically accepted into the DO Program? That's what I understand from the master's program contract.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Is the program if you maintain a certain GPA scale in the masters program you will be automatically accepted into the DO Program? That's what I understand from the master's program contract.
That is what I am understanding as well.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi there! I’m a current OMS1 at the OW campus. Last year there was a bunch of waitlist movement, you just have to wait until mid April-June for things to really start picking up. If you look through last years thread it will help you gauge the usual movement for this school.

Also for those of you with a late interview date, it is likely you will be placed on the waitlist, but if you had a good vibe from your interview, that is a great sign! I interviewed mid March last year, was waitlisted sometime in April and was accepted in June. Just be sure to send in your LOI’s and use any excuse or relevant update to contact the school. Communication and conveying your interest is key.

Remember to be kind to each other within this thread. Everyone is stressed and every question is valid (especially this one!). I truly wish all of you the best of luck throughout the remainder of this cycle. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions you may have and I’ll try my best to respond.
+1 to this, I had the same timeline 4 years ago. There’s a trend here, remain patient and be chill to one another.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When did u guys receive an email to apply to this program?

Just withdrew my A, best of luck to all of you on the waitlist!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
This is what was holding me back from applying and led to me not applying at all. I asked at the information session and they said it’s “basically” guaranteed and that I have to resubmit my AACOMAS application again to get the acceptance. They said it’s a formality but we’re encouraged to change some things on the resubmission. This means they still look over the applications just as they would as regular acceptances (which I don’t understand if the seat is guaranteed). Also, I spoke to someone in the program and they just got their acceptance on the last day of March. You’d think if it’s as solid as they say, they’d give the acceptances before they put mass waitlists and give out acceptances to regular applicants. This is just my take on it :/

So, my understanding is if you interviewed in April — even if you think it went really well and are a good candidate — you will definitely be waitlisted? Oi oi 🤯

This is what I just received from David Oroza this morning after emailing him about wait-list movement

"The waitlist is not ranked. We typically expect movement in May and will contact you via e-mail is selected"

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Are they not doing ANY movement in April at all? For the past 2 years there was always movement after April 15th.

• Care
Are they not doing ANY movement in April at all? For the past 2 years there was always movement after April 15th.
They've said repeatedly its closer to May. This year's cycle is even more unusual. We just have to wait at this point.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I know a kid who’s a student here and his parents are telling everyone once he graduates he can take a test to convert his DO degree to MD degree. Has anyone ever heard of such a thing? I tried googling it but nothing

Members don't see this ad :)
I know a kid who’s a student here and his parents are telling everyone once he graduates he can take a test to convert his DO degree to MD degree. Has anyone ever heard of such a thing? I tried googling it but nothing

Lmao what 😂

Defeats the purpose of DO training. Definitely not a thing.

They must be mistaken. He can take a test to get an MD residency maybe but he won’t be an MD
That’s what I was thinking they were maybe referring to. But now that everything’s merged I don’t see the point of a test

Based off of last years thread, it seems like this is the week the WL should start moving slowly

Reactions: 4 users
If you’re on the WL, will they accept or reject you during this movement or just acceptances till start of Med year then reject ?

Accepted off waitlist just now!!! Interviewed and waitlisted in January

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted from WL, Interviewed early January

What were your Lizzy scores and were you guys in or out of state those who got off the WL

Accepted from the WL!! Interviewed in late November. I also received the Leaders Scholarship? I'm a very low stat applicant so surprised and beyond grateful!

Last edited:
Many of those who got accepted from the waitlist have an MD acceptance. Do you plan on going to NYITCOM or going with your MD choice? Ty

Just means that we weren't selected off the waitlist during this picking. They might do another picking later. Who knows.

Yes I got in the OW. I did send them Letter of intent once I got the WL. I sent them another one after almost 2 months of waiting.

Yes, I was accepted to OW and sent a LOI immediately after I got waitlisted. Stats should be in my bio but I’ve got a LM 65 and very strong EC’s

Just means that we weren't selected off the waitlist during this picking. They might do another picking later. Who knows.
Same here bro
I was interviewed in October and waitlisted in January
Hopefully we will see more movements in the next few weeks

• Care
Congrats to everyone who got off the waitlist today!

• Love
So happy and humbled to report I was accepted off the waitlist!!!!! There is hope everyone. Hang tight!!!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Were you accepting to NYITCOM from the waitlist today or are you planning to drop your acceptance. Thanks, just curious!
Yesterday, but actually just saw the acceptance now LOL. Was a pleasant surprise to come home to after attending my grandfather's funeral. Really needed this.

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Got an acceptance off waitlist yesterday. Not sure if I need to do anything else to decline or if not paying the deposit by the deadline will suffice. Anyway, hope my spot goes to one of you!