2020-2021 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Completed in Sep and it has been silent for me :( I heard NYMC is scheduling far into feb-ish?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Complete Late July, no hold nor nothing. What is going on

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone complete mid aug and still havent heard anything back yet?

Reactions: 10 users
their secondary portal says it takes them 4-6 weeks to review apps but it's been longer than that for me...is that a silent R or will they get back to it later?

I will complete early Oct - has anyone else around then gotten II?

their secondary portal says it takes them 4-6 weeks to review apps but it's been longer than that for me...is that a silent R or will they get back to it later?

I will complete early Oct - has anyone else around then gotten II?
ive been waiting August

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, so I know the red flag question is pretty common. I was wondering if you could just say no? Or should I find a weakness in my app and address it there? Thanks!!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, so I know the red flag question is pretty common. I was wondering if you could just say no? Or should I find a weakness in my app and address it there?
hey what is this "red flag" question that you are referring to? do they ask it during the student panel interview session?

Folks who got accepted: how did you feel about your MMI? I did mine recently and felt pretty eh about it. It started off quite terribly, but got significantly better as time went by.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Is there an accepted students group or fb page yet?

Has anyone who interviewed during the second week of November heard anything back yet? I know that it's supposed to be between 4-6 weeks, but I see other people in this thread have gotten As or WLs before that timeline.

Has anyone who interviewed during the second week of November heard anything back yet? I know that it's supposed to be between 4-6 weeks, but I see other people in this thread have gotten As or WLs before that timeline.
Decision usually come out every or every other Monday/Tuesday

Officially withdrew my app, scary to do but am hoping my A can go to someone who is passionate about NYMC. Good luck everyone
edit: looks like they're beginning to offer scholarships/aid now as well for those of you who are looking out for those emails

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users
yup! they allow it. I sent one regarding a first author publication :)
I have a similar update. I didn't see a spot to upload an update or any instruction on how to do that in their FAQ section. Do you mind telling me how you sent an update in?

I have a similar update. I didn't see a spot to upload an update or any instruction on how to do that in their FAQ section. Do you mind telling me how you sent an update in?
it's their admit email address! They will confirm upon receiving it :)

I submitted in July and haven’t heard anything since. Not even a hold. Do they do silent rejections? Are their holds soft Rs or real holds?

Waitlisted.
Does anyone know if a waitlist at NYMC is a silent R?

Thank youuu

• Care
Waitlisted.
Does anyone know if a waitlist at NYMC is a silent R?

Thank youuu
I saw last cycle a lot of people got off the waitlist. I think also this cycle will be unique in that since people can attend every interview without financial cost, they will have more acceptances than typical and will ultimately withdraw from schools from nymc. So there could be more WL movement.
Edit: these are my thoughts as a fellow WL person 😂

I saw last cycle a lot of people got off the waitlist. I think also this cycle will be unique in that since people can attend every interview without financial cost, they will have more acceptances than typical and will ultimately withdraw from schools from nymc. So there could be more WL movement.
Edit: these are my thoughts as a fellow WL person 😂
Did they?
I heard that typically there isn’t much movement on the waitlist and they tend to not use it as much as other schools.
I hope your theory is right though 😊

Did they?
I heard that typically there isn’t much movement on the waitlist and they tend to not use it as much as other schools.
I hope your theory is right though 😊
I think that was the idea last cycle and if my you scroll through the previous years thread there was more movement than expected

Thanks to those who let me know it's a closed file MMI. Just curious, do they have access to only your stats or names of activities as well, I've seen schools do them both ways and both were called "close file."

Thanks to those who let me know it's a closed file MMI. Just curious, do they have access to only your stats or names of activities as well, I've seen schools do them both ways and both were called "close file."
They literally know nothing about you, except your name

Reactions: 3 users
Tbh I felt like I did well and my interviewers gave positive comments after my responses 😔
Ah man, I'm sorry to hear that. That has to feel frustrating.

I didn't feel that great about mine and consequentially have no idea what to expect. It's such a weird feeling being so close to that sweet A, but also just as equally far away. Good luck on the rest of the cycle!!! We'll get to where we need to be. Eventually lol.

Ah man, I'm sorry to hear that. That has to feel frustrating.

I didn't feel that great about mine and consequentially have no idea what to expect. It's such a weird feeling being so close to that sweet A, but also just as equally far away. Good luck on the rest of the cycle!!! We'll get to where we need to be. Eventually lol.
Thanks good luck to you too!! This cycle is so long lol

Did anyone ever get a confirmation email for submitting the photo/confidentiality agreement form after scheduling their interview? Don't think I ever got one.

Last edited:
No, it's for those who have an II. When scheduling for an interview the email tells us to fill out a certain form for photo submissions/confidentiality agreement
i feel my guy...well, if i ever get an II then i'll try to help you out with that one. Otherwise, good luck!

• Care