2020-2021 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Been on hold since early November. Are they even considering any holds for interviews anymore?

Reactions: 2 users
Sorry if somebody already asked this, but it says on the interview day information page that the MMI will take 70 minutes, but the time allotted on the schedule for the MMI portion of the interview day is from 12:50 - 4PM. Does anybody know which one is accurate?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry if somebody already asked this, but it says on the interview day information page that the MMI will take 70 minutes, but the time allotted on the schedule for the MMI portion of the interview day is from 12:50 - 4PM. Does anybody know which one is accurate?
there are two MMI circuits that happen within that time frame (one after the other) and you'll get assigned one of them

Reactions: 1 user
Any idea if NYMC is still sending out interview invites? I know they stop interviewing in mid to late-March.

Reactions: 3 users
still on hold, sent an update. silence since.

R after being on hold for the longest time, good luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Mine came out this morning at 6am EST... they really woke up and chose violence
I had a pre-II R on a Monday at 7 AM from another school...it is savage.

Last edited:
  • Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got put on hold kind of surprised that they wouldn't just reject at this point in the cycle

• Care
Just got put on hold kind of surprised that they wouldn't just reject at this point in the cycle
this makes me think that NYMC may have extended their interview season? Last cycle, they rejected all applicants who were on hold by late Feb-early March I think...so if they are still sending out holds, that has to mean they aren't done imo

this makes me think that NYMC may have extended their interview season? Last cycle, they rejected all applicants who were on hold by late Feb-early March I think...so if they are still sending out holds, that has to mean they aren't done imo
I completely agree with this. Other schools are extending their interview season so I would not be surprised if NYMC is as well. I think schools have realized that a lot of people they interviewed early in the cycle have 7-8 acceptances and their classes are underfilled as of now compared to years past. The end of this cycle could get really crazy

I completely agree with this. Other schools are extending their interview season so I would not be surprised if NYMC is as well. I think schools have realized that a lot of people they interviewed early in the cycle have 7-8 acceptances and their classes are underfilled as of now compared to years past. The end of this cycle could get really crazy
I just wish they communicated with us about things like this :')

That would be great if true! The email did say that they interview until the end of March though which would make me think the remaining II (if any) are few and far between

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
So basically everyone’s “on hold” whatever that means. I just got the email now

Pre-II Hold...isn't it a bit late in the cycle to still send out holds? (not upset just trying to figure out what mind game NYMC is playing haha)

My app was complete in early august, but I never received a hold, R, or II. Just silence. Is this concerning this late in the cycle?

edit: can I still send an update letter? Would it be useful?

My app was complete in early august, but I never received a hold, R, or II. Just silence. Is this concerning this late in the cycle?

edit: can I still send an update letter? Would it be useful?
Same! Who knows, but better silence than a rejection IMO. I sent in an update yesterday and they’re def still accepting them, although idk how useful it is. Worth a shot!

Cancelling my March interview here. I got invited after being on hold, praying that someone gets off hold soon 🙏.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Also declined my March II here. I hope it goes to one of y'all. Good luck!!!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Anyone have any advice or non-specific (Wording carefully because I know theres the confidentiality agreement) comments regarding the interview? I know it's MMI based, but couldn't find how many stations there are, if there's any other interview component, and what the rest of the day holds. Thanks in advamce!

Anyone have any advice or non-specific (Wording carefully because I know theres the confidentiality agreement) comments regarding the interview? I know it's MMI based, but couldn't find how many stations there are, if there's any other interview component, and what the rest of the day holds. Thanks in advamce!
i think a schedule should be in the email they sent you when they first invited you to interview but theres a morning info session for about 1.5-2 hours and then MMIs in afternoon. I forget how many stations but I think whole cycle was around an hour where each station was a few minutes long. Hope that helps!

Do we have a guess on when 2/8 interviewees are going to hear back?

Last edited:
i think a schedule should be in the email they sent you when they first invited you to interview but theres a morning info session for about 1.5-2 hours and then MMIs in afternoon. I forget how many stations but I think whole cycle was around an hour where each station was a few minutes long. Hope that helps!
Gotcha. Thanks for the reply and information I checked the email and it had more specifics

Just got waitlist email, interviewed 2/8

Omg did they just hate us all on the 2/8 interview day? I thought my interview went well, but I guess they didn't think the same

Pre-II R yesterday, OOS, Complete November.

Good luck!

• Care
@ NYMC please come through with some more WL movement soon

Are they still interviewing? Ive been on hold on since December but they accepted my update last week.

• Hmm
What are we thinking no hold and no R means at this point?

I had my interview in early March last cycle, got put on hold in late March/ early April, and got a rejection in mid-July when the classes start. So it doesn’t mean anything - you can’t really tell... The only thing it means - they’re interested in you and would like to learn more about you, so you gotta stay strong!