2020-2021 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
is anyone still on hold? I think I've been on hold since nov or dec...
can we get our hopes up after this recent R wave or ???
I am still on hold. I have been on hold since 11/4. It makes no sense, people who were put on hold after me have been rejected. I thought that they were done interviewing? I could be wrong

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Wondering if the easter bunny will be dropping some golden interview invites...

Reactions: 4 users
Been “on hold” since March 4. But the interview season ends in March right?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The school itself is on spring break. However, I'm not sure if it applies to the admissions committee.

But during the last cycle, there was a similar silence during the week of spring break so I assumed the admissions committee was off as well.

Could be wrong though and maybe they're just working hard to determine applicants to admit.

I have been on hold since November 4. I believe so. I do not understand the point of stringing people along like this
The point is, they have a pool of people that are eligible for a II. If a slot opens up they go to that list.

Reactions: 1 user
just withdrew acceptance. hoping it goes to one of you guys soon

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
R, was put on hold in October, best of luck to everyone else still waiting to hear back! :)

• Care
Pre-II R, hold since January.

• Care
Pre-II R, was on hold at some point. Submitted sometime in September. Good luck everyone!

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
R, good luck guys !

• Care
Complete Aug 19
hold Jan 11
Rejected April 5

Gluck everyone else.

• Care
Does anyone who goes to NYMC or has been to the campus know how easy it is to get to Manhattan from campus? How long does a one-way trip normally take and are there shuttles to the nearest train/subway station? Thank you.

Does anyone who goes to NYMC or has been to the campus know how easy it is to get to Manhattan from campus? How long does a one-way trip normally take and are there shuttles to the nearest train/subway station? Thank you.
Just a fellow applicant like yourself, but I know from White Plains you can take the train (Metro North) into Grand Central Station (NYC) in about 30-45 minutes. Not sure about shuttles.

Pre-II R yesterday morning, Was put on hold at the beginning of March, OOS

• Care
Just withdrew my acceptance! I hope one you guys get it!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Has anyone who interviewed on or around March 9th heard anything yet? Still anxiously waiting

How'd you withdraw? I'm trying to figure out how to do so
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe you can email [email protected] to request your withdrawal. I think once that happens the school will be removed from your Choose Your Medical School Tool within a few weeks. I hope that helps and thanks for withdrawing and giving hope for us WL folks. Best of luck to you!

Reactions: 4 users
How are we supposed to narrow down to one acceptance by April 30 if NYMC doesn’t even give us financial aid packages till May? Financial aid/money has a huge impact on my decision

Just Waitlisted 😢 interviewed 3/9

• Care
Does anyone know if NYMC has sent out post interview rejections?

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe you can email [email protected] to request your withdrawal. I think once that happens the school will be removed from your Choose Your Medical School Tool within a few weeks. I hope that helps and thanks for withdrawing and giving hope for us WL folks. Best of luck to you!
Yes this is what I did!

Accepted yesterday! :) Interviewed 3/9, this was my first acceptance, best of luck to those still waiting, there’s hope I promise!

do you guys think the accepted students group on facebook could be somewhat indicative of how full the class is? I’m just wondering how much WL movement will happen at this point lol

do you guys think the accepted students group on facebook could be somewhat indicative of how full the class is? I’m just wondering how much WL movement will happen at this point lol
+1
I've been thinking about the same thing. I'm glad I'm not the only one anxiously checking it lol

I don't know if I have an answer but I can speculate
If my memory is correct, I remember last cycle the facebook group for the 2024 class was at a similar number during this time. Maybe around 215 I believe.

I think the C/O 2024 group now is 263 members. This includes the admins that might be upperclassmen and maybe some graduate students that aren't in the MD program (because some take classes alongside the medical students).
It could also be missing some people who just don't use Facebook or know about the group.

Based on that I want to say there is still room for WL movement. But also I have no idea. So take what I say with a grain of salt.

If anyone else wants to chime in, go ahead lol, unless we're becoming too neurotic at this point haha

+1
I've been thinking about the same thing. I'm glad I'm not the only one anxiously checking it lol

I don't know if I have an answer but I can speculate
If my memory is correct, I remember last cycle the facebook group for the 2024 class was at a similar number during this time. Maybe around 215 I believe.

I think the C/O 2024 group now is 263 members. This includes the admins that might be upperclassmen and maybe some graduate students that aren't in the MD program (because some take classes alongside the medical students).
It could also be missing some people who just don't use Facebook or know about the group.

Based on that I want to say there is still room for WL movement. But also I have no idea. So take what I say with a grain of salt.

If anyone else wants to chime in, go ahead lol, unless we're becoming too neurotic at this point haha
oh we’re definitely becoming neurotic, but it’s still worth a try lol

• Haha
I know this may be an annoying question, but do y’all know if the MSAR WL data is accurate for NYMC? Sincerely, a crippling mess of anxiety :)

Just withdrew my acceptance here! I hope it goes to one of y'all on the waitlist :)

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Does NYMC do pre-matriculation drug screening for MS1s? Asking for a friend.

hi guys just a question. does it hurt us if we PTE at another school while awaiting NYMC's decsion? i know they can see that we have done ate somewhere else but will that affect us badly? if we dont get a decision before the 30th

hi guys just a question. does it hurt us if we PTE at another school while awaiting NYMC's decsion? i know they can see that we have done ate somewhere else but will that affect us badly? if we dont get a decision before the 30th

I think that's a bit of an unknown. But if the school you have an acceptance to requires you to PTE or CTE at specific dates, I definitely wouldn't hold off on doing that.

thank you for the help^ i understand ;/ it's just a shot in the dark. i want to wait for schools to give me a decision but i am scared. how about for NYMC? do those with acceptances have to PTE here by the 30th? or do they have a later one?

thank you for the help^ i understand ;/ it's just a shot in the dark. i want to wait for schools to give me a decision but i am scared. how about for NYMC? do those with acceptances have to PTE here by the 30th? or do they have a later one?

PTE (or CTE) by the 30th I believe is universal. Applicants are not allowed to hold more than one acceptance after the 30th across the board. With that being said, i don't believe schools can see individual applicant information regarding PTE/CTE until the 30th. AAMC states that all they can see is aggregate numbers (i.e. of the 300 acceptances we've given out, 130 PTE here) - just a fellow applicant, but this is my understanding of the procedure. Beginning on the 30th they will be able to see the names of the applicants who PTE at their school and the names of applicants that PTE to another school (however the name of the other institution will not be revealed until post matriculation)