2020-2021 Noorda College of Osteopathic Medicine (Provo, UT) Noorda-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Submitted my video secondary last night! It was actually pretty fun and felt like I was really able to showcase myself. Hoping to get an interview within the next couple weeks!

Members don't see this ad.

okay so first I mean no disrespect, but how creative can I be with the secondary video? Would it be wrong to include pictures about myself? I have a food blog and it's a really big passion for me but I don't want to give it an Elle-Woods vibe.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
okay so first I mean no disrespect, but how creative can I be with the secondary video? Would it be wrong to include pictures about myself? I have a food blog and it's a really big passion for me but I don't want to give it an Elle-Woods vibe.
Hey you can be as creative as you like. The secondary is a chance for them to know you as a person so use this opportunity to showcase your talent, character and passion. Be sure to answer all the questions, be confident and just have fun with it at least that’s what I did!

Members don't see this ad :)
I (thankfully) received a II and included several photos and videos of my family and my hobbies (including cooking!) while answering “who are you” and “what are you passionate about?” I think you can have fun with it as long as you answer the questions fully and come off professional.

I may or may not have a photo of Gordon Ramsey in my video....

Reactions: 2 users
So I submitted my secondary on 11/11 and haven’t heard back. You guys think that means R? Most people got their II pretty quick.

So I submitted my secondary on 11/11 and haven’t heard back. You guys think that means R? Most people got their II pretty quick.
Thanksgiving will shake this up. I don't imagine there will be much movement with applications this week.

Reactions: 1 user
I (thankfully) received a II and included several photos and videos of my family and my hobbies (including cooking!) while answering “who are you” and “what are you passionate about?” I think you can have fun with it as long as you answer the questions fully and come off professional.

Sweeeeeeet!!! Sounds like many of us are foodies!!!

• Love
any interview invites this week yet?
i'm checking my email an unhealthy amount, anyone else?
lmao

None here and I’m a couple weeks after my secondary was submitted. I think it’s quite due to thanksgiving
lmao

None here and I’m a couple weeks after my secondary was submitted. I think it’s quite due to thanksgiving
Same. Submitted my secondary on 11/13. Praying for an interview. Yeah the admissions said they would be closed during thanksgiving. So I would just enjoy thanksgiving and wait until next week.

lmao
Also checking my email an unhealthy amount 😂.

Submitted secondary today, let's go guys!

omg not me plugging my food blog in there then lol. I think I like this concept and it makes me feel ~seen~ but for sure I'll be professional and to the point as well. Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad :)
received the II!! I am over the top excited!!! :D

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Received an II tonight. I’m gonna freaking cry. I’m so excited.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
II just now, God is good! So thankful! 😍

Reactions: 5 users
Just got an ii as well! My secondary was sent all the way back at the start of the month. Super excited for this school too-- looks like they're shaking things up in a good way!

Anyone know how often the send out Rs? I’m imagining I get mine soon since I sent my secondary on 11/11. Feeling disappointed as I felt my application/secondary was really strong.

Just got an ii as well! My secondary was sent all the way back at the start of the month. Super excited for this school too-- looks like they're shaking things up in a good way!
Which day exactly, if you don’t mind checking.

Received II today as well!! Super excited!!! God is good!!!
Secondary Received: 10/30
Secondary Submitted: 11/12
Secondary Due Date: 11/13
Interview Invite: 11/24

II as well! Secondary due and submitted on 11/13. Very excited :)

Were there any other due dates after 11/13, but before 11/24? Also CONGRATS to those who got II's. Happy for you, enjoy yourselves tonight!

Were there any other due dates after 11/13, but before 11/24? Also CONGRATS to those who got II's. Happy for you, enjoy yourselves tonight!
My due date was 11/17 but I submitted on 11/13

Got my II last night! Secondary was due 11/13 but submitted 11/3.

Got an interview last night. Was surprised given it's Thanksgiving week. Feel very grateful. The school looks so innovative.

Submitted mine on 11/25. It was due on 11/27. Hopefully we will hear something by Christmas.

submitted my secondary video a few days ago...will keep everyone updated.

How will the MCAT work with offers of acceptance? I know Noorda is accepting applications without that. Will they accept students with out it so long as it is completed prior to matriculation? @Noorda-COM Admissions ? I am curious if someone could be offered and interview and then rejected due to no MCAT?

Last edited:
Getting ready to submit my primary. Anyone else get an interview without an MCAT? What are your plans for the MCAT? Low Key stressing about this lol.

okay, so I finished my video and its all creative but I'm lowkey worried about my lack of editing lol I don't really know how to take out ums but there aren't that many and I tried to be authentic. sooo does anyone have any experience with ums and such - did anyone still get an II with stuff like that? I have great content otherwise lol

Primary just submitted. Hopeful no MCAT doesn’t kill me. Love this school!

okay, so I finished my video and its all creative but I'm lowkey worried about my lack of editing lol I don't really know how to take out ums but there aren't that many and I tried to be authentic. sooo does anyone have any experience with ums and such - did anyone still get an II with stuff like that? I have great content otherwise lol
I definitely had ums and imperfections and got an interview invite. I say upload! Sounds like a good video to me.

Reactions: 2 users