2020-2021 Noorda College of Osteopathic Medicine (Provo, UT) Noorda-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
its definitely not everyone, I would add on 15 to that number.
tbh everyone in the group may just be accepted, and not fully matriculated & someone earlier was saying a lot might drop if they got accepted somewhere established, they'd forgo this 3k too. kinda just take the facebook group number with a grain of salt

Reactions: 1 user
I'm just curious, has anyone received any acceptances or rejections or waitlist movement since the last round? Or is the next round of decisions going to be March 8th?

tbh everyone in the group may just be accepted, and not fully matriculated & someone earlier was saying a lot might drop if they got accepted somewhere established, they'd forgo this 3k too. kinda just take the facebook group number with a grain of salt

Trust me you want to overestimate rather than underestimate, a lot of people applied this cycle, for only 90 seats
edit: I did the same thing last year, following a FB group and it was wildly inaccurate lol there were mad people that were on different social platforms

Last edited:
And isn't this the last round of acceptances that they are sending out? Or were there interviews in February? Because if this was the last round of acceptances to go out and there are only 50ish in the group (let's add 15 just for funsies), that means that at least 25 of the top tier will be coming off the wait list. And that is the most conservative guess. And heaven only knows what the wait list looks like now after several weeks!

Keep your heads up, friends! My wife saw a DO the other day that said that he got a phone call the day before school started and asked if he still wanted the seat. He had to move himself and his family cross country in less than a week! There is a lot that still needs to happen before the class is solidified. Don't drive yourselves nuts by constantly checking. Love y'all. Things will work out in the end.

• Care
And isn't this the last round of acceptances that they are sending out? Or were there interviews in February? Because if this was the last round of acceptances to go out and there are only 50ish in the group (let's add 15 just for funsies), that means that at least 25 of the top tier will be coming off the wait list. And that is the most conservative guess. And heaven only knows what the wait list looks like now after several weeks!

Keep your heads up, friends! My wife saw a DO the other day that said that he got a phone call the day before school started and asked if he still wanted the seat. He had to move himself and his family cross country in less than a week! There is a lot that still needs to happen before the class is solidified. Don't drive yourselves nuts by constantly checking. Love y'all. Things will work out in the end.
there were february interviews for sure, someone posted about them here and on a facebook forum as well. honestly, seems like they'll be more conservative with February people in the mix against current top tier WL

Trust me you want to overestimate rather than underestimate, a lot of people applied this cycle, for only 90 seats
edit: I did the same thing last year, following a FB group and it was wildly inaccurate lol there were mad people that were on different social platforms
i mean yea, you're probably right to think that way. but hope is all you can have, especially for a new school and WLs moving for other established schools

Sooo many financial aid emails for a waitlisted student 🥺. My heart skips a beat each time.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
how selective are they about giving out II's does everyone who fills out a secondary get one?

how selective are they about giving out II's does everyone who fills out a secondary get one?
Earlier in the cycle, it seemed that way. It might be different now that they're close to filling their class and working off of the waitlists.

Reactions: 1 users
The seats filled up much faster than they thought. It will be interesting to see if they can continue to send II’s. I don’t even think they can send as many acceptances out to feb interviewees as previous waves because it may risk pushing them over 90.
I’m still holding out for a miracle of being accepted from the WL.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
The seats filled up much faster than they thought. It will be interesting to see if they can continue to send II’s. I don’t even think they can send as many acceptances out to feb interviewees as previous waves because it may risk pushing them over 90.
I’m still holding out for a miracle of being accepted from the WL.

Same - just a slow wait and pray for some luck to get off this WL ❤️

• Care
So all the people that are sending DO apps so late in the cycle, is it because MD didn't work out and people are sending DO apps as a last-ditch effort? Genuine question, no judgment here. I've always wondered why the cycles were so different but it seems that later DO apps are strategically catching people who may not have applied previously but change their mind mid-cycle.

So all the people that are sending DO apps so late in the cycle, is it because MD didn't work out and people are sending DO apps as a last-ditch effort? Genuine question, no judgment here. I've always wondered why the cycles were so different but it seems that later DO apps are strategically catching people who may not have applied previously but change their mind mid-cycle.
when I was doing apps, all of the MD deadlines were sooner, so I submitted them sooner than the DO apps. I worked on MD secondaries before DO secondaries due to the deadlines as well.

Thats normal that always happens. This cycle has waaay more applicants than ever before thats the only big difference.

Thats normal that always happens. This cycle has waaay more applicants than ever before thats the only big difference.
Yeah, for the timing I know that's pretty normal, but I'm just asking if typically people are deciding to apply in Jan-Feb only after their MD cycle didn't work out.

when I was doing apps, all of the MD deadlines were sooner, so I submitted them sooner than the DO apps. I worked on MD secondaries before DO secondaries due to the deadlines as well.
Yeah that makes sense, I mean I did the same thing but I figured I was pretty late applying in November.

Does anyone know what the interview dates are for March ?
I think it’s only one day, which I’m assuming is proportional to the # of late applicants and makes sense if everyone is given the same chance.

Hopefully its like late March, im on the WL for an interview 😅

• Wow
I’ve heard of other schools doing this but I had no idea that noorda was doing a WL for interviews.
Now I’m even more confused. There is a WL, an interview WL, and 80+% seat securing. This sounds tough to manage fairly with only 90 to work with.

• Hmm
Hopefully its like late March, im on the WL for an interview 😅
Yeah, that's so interesting, I didn't know Noorda did that. When did you submit your secondary? As far as I know there is only one date in March so far, hopefully they will add more?

Yeah, that's so interesting, I didn't know Noorda did that. When did you submit your secondary? As far as I know there is only one date in March so far, hopefully they will add more?
sounds like they shouldn't add more dates. They have a pretty big WL with their 3 tiers so idk why they'd spend more time to get more WLs and then reject everyone at the end

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Now I’m even more confused. There is a WL, an interview WL, and 80+% seat securing. This sounds tough to manage fairly with only 90 to work with.

Agreed. A little concerning for those of us on the WL to know there may be more folks coming into the already large mix. It is what it is, and the same as most other schools. But I thought Dr D had said back in December that their first round of interviews (month of December) they were completing about 2/3 of the total interviews they were going to do. Seems like that has changed drastically if they did feb and March and then possibly this whole interview waitlist cohort.

But who knows. Maybe I misunderstood or am misremembering.

• Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
I submitted the day before the deadline.

Agreed. A little concerning for those of us on the WL to know there may be more folks coming into the already large mix. It is what it is, and the same as most other schools. But I thought Dr D had said back in December that their first round of interviews (month of December) they were completing about 2/3 of the total interviews they were going to do. Seems like that has changed drastically if they did feb and March and then possibly this whole interview waitlist cohort.

But who knows. Maybe I misunderstood or am misremembering.
I wasn't there for the post-interview December webinar, but I remember reading about it. IIRC Dr. D stated that they were 2/3s of the way through evaluating the applicants who had already interviewed, not that they were 2/3s done with all interviews. But I could be misremembering also.

I'm surprised that Noorda is still sending IIs out this late. I think it's a safe bet for me to assume that I'm probably out of luck this cycle (mid-tier WL), and that I should prepare for the upcoming one.

Either way I think Noorda is an amazing school, and I'm really glad to have made it as far as I did.

I wasn't there for the post-interview December webinar, but I remember reading about it. IIRC Dr. D stated that they were 2/3s of the way through evaluating the applicants who had already interviewed, not that they were 2/3s done with all interviews. But I could be misremembering also.

I'm surprised that Noorda is still sending IIs out this late. I think it's a safe bet for me to assume that I'm probably out of luck this cycle (mid-tier WL), and that I should prepare for the upcoming one.

Either way I think Noorda is an amazing school, and I'm really glad to have made it as far as I did.

Totally! I could have it wrong, no doubt. And I’m with you, I really like this program and if there aren’t enough spots for me to be included - I’ll be applying again.

Waitlist life is tough. And I want everyone to make it through. Sadly the more of us there are, the more of us won’t be able to matriculate. It’s a tough process ❤️

They still sending out II's?

Keep up the faith my friends!! The cycle is far from over!!

Are we expecting A’s next week? The March 15th day is approaching

If those accepted already don’t have the matriculation fee by 3/15 do they lose their seat?

If those accepted already don’t have the matriculation fee by 3/15 do they lose their seat?
Yes. Though if you are having troubles and desire to hold onto your seat, you should email them ASAP because they can probably help you.

Yes. Though if you are having troubles and desire to hold onto your seat, you should email them ASAP because they can probably help you.
That’s what I was thinking that some people might have trouble coming up with that, and I assumed they will work with you instead of dropping you. Maybe some heard back from another school and are going to drop before the 15th too.

I would say maybe as soon as Mar 8, because that is the >30 day for the feb 5 A’s.
going off their trends, they do As one day after any deadline. So I'm thinking movement on the 9th and the 16th?

going off their trends, they do As one day after any deadline. So I'm thinking movement on the 9th and the 16th?
I get the 9th deadline. What was on the 16th?

Wouldn't they just do one set of As?

I get the 9th deadline. What was on the 16th?

Wouldn't they just do one set of As?
Well February As have until 3/8 for their acceptance fee and then everyone accepted so far has until 3/15 to get their paperwork and their full $3k in.

So it's possible people lose/drop their seats after the 15th

Do you guys think we could hear something tonight?
I don't think we are going to hear anything this weekend. Maybe on Monday, but more realistically anyone else who is accepted will hear on the 9th and waitlist updates on the 10th. That's at least my guess.

Hi everyone! I was part of the interview group on 3/5, and they said that we were the last group to be interviewed! because the deadline for many people to accept their offers and place their deposits is tonight, they said to expect a possibly hear back tomorrow or next Tuesday. Hope that helps and good luck everyone! :)

Reactions: 14 users
Can you give this comment a like if you’ve been accepted and will be declining? Thank you for your help. 😌

Hey everyone! I was accepted and am declining to go to another school. Hope it goes to one of you guys!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users