2020-2021 Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine (OSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anybody have any data on the I:A ratio, particularly for out of state but in region? This would be my dream school to get into, really hope it works out!
I don’t know for sure, just speculating here. But I think they interview more instate than out of state. So the fact that you got an interview it a great sign. And it’s still decently early. I interviewed last year and got into guaranteed admission program. If you have any questions about the interview or anything let me know. But that MCAT tho, gives you a really good shot at acceptance and the fact that you’re right next door in Missouri is a good thing as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

OOS (arkansas) here. Ive seen a few other people post similar questions about this but i wanted to possible get some more feedback. I submitted my secondary 9/10 and have not heard a peep since. No II but no rejection. Should I email the admissions office or am I just being antsy.
Thanks!
I’d give it some time unless you have an unusually high MCAT score. My old co-workers wife works there, not in admissions, but he made it sound like they pull interviews in order of MCAT. I’m sure there are some other factors but I was 2 points lower on my MCAT than a friend I interviewed with. Similar grades but I had a lot more experience in health care, teaching, stuff like that and I interviewed about a month after him.

Reactions: 2 users
Withdrew, strong stats from an OOS student (but bordering state) - hope this helps someone!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Current bridge student!

I know there's not much talk about this program in here so if you have any burning questions feel free to ask or PM me!

Congrats to everyone that's been accepted already and goodluck to those on your way! Can't wait to represent the class of 2025 with ya! :giggle:

Accepted to Tahlequah campus this morning. OOS non-trad with strong OK/Tulsa ties. LizzieM 71 or 74 depending on how much you care about my post-bacc grades. WARS 80.
Over the moon and so so grateful!!!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Accepted to Tahlequah campus this morning. OOS non-trad with strong OK/Tulsa ties. LizzieM 71 or 74 depending on how much you care about my post-bacc grades. WARS 80.
Over the moon and so so grateful!!!
Congrats! What was your interview date?

Did anyone else get the “what’s new?” Email. Asking to update my primary app with new info

Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone else get the “what’s new?” Email. Asking to update my primary app with new info
Do you think it’s a good sign? I’m a little worried because all I’ve been doing since submitting is working my job full time...

Members don't see this ad :)
I’d give it some time unless you have an unusually high MCAT score. My old co-workers wife works there, not in admissions, but he made it sound like they pull interviews in order of MCAT. I’m sure there are some other factors but I was 2 points lower on my MCAT than a friend I interviewed with. Similar grades but I had a lot more experience in health care, teaching, stuff like that and I interviewed about a month after him.
Got a call today to schedule an interview!

510 mcat complete late august, complete silence

Just got the acceptance call for the Tulsa campus. Don’t have many words to say but I feel so humbled and blessed. Even just two years ago I never would have thought I’d be here today. Crazy.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
It appears that everyone else's portal is requiring two faculty LOR. However, this is what I have in mine and it won't mark complete until the second physician LOR is received. Anyone know why?

Letters of Recommendation (Physician)
Letters of Recommendation (Physician 2)
Letters of Recommendation (Other 1)
Letters of Recommendation (Other 2)

On a side note, does anyone know of programs at other schools similar to the Bridge Program they offer at OSU-COM?

It appears that everyone else's portal is requiring two faculty LOR. However, this is what I have in mine and it won't mark complete until the second physician LOR is received. Anyone know why?

Letters of Recommendation (Physician)
Letters of Recommendation (Physician 2)
Letters of Recommendation (Other 1)
Letters of Recommendation (Other 2)

On a side note, does anyone know of programs at other schools similar to the Bridge Program they offer at OSU-COM?
If you're doing faculty route, it should be 2 letters from faculty and 1 from physician (optional) since OSU-COM is waiving letters from doctors this year due to covid.

Any current students able to talk about the dress code for lectures? I seem to remember business casual was expected, but I believe our tour guide said that you could elect to wear scrubs to lectures instead.

Any current students able to talk about the dress code for lectures? I seem to remember business casual was expected, but I believe our tour guide said that you could elect to wear scrubs to lectures instead.
For this semester, most of our lectures are virtual so you can wear whatever you want. For OMM, you have to wear a matching set of scrubs or an OSU medicine t-shirt and scrub bottoms. If you are on campus, you are required to wear either business casual, matching set of scrubs, or an OSU medicine t-shirt and scrub bottoms.

Anyone getting II calls recently? I know they are accepting students right now but I was wondering if they are still sending interviews out.

Does this school do silent Rs? Complete 8/20 and radiosilence

• Care
Does this school do silent Rs? Complete 8/20 and radiosilence
They do not silent reject. They don’t say anything until you get an interview, which is anytime between august-April. If you don’t receive an interview they will reject you around the beginning of may.

• Hmm
They do not silent reject. They don’t say anything until you get an interview, which is anytime between august-April. If you don’t receive an interview they will reject you around the beginning of may.
I thought that’s what people meant by silent R. Not hearing anything until the cycle ends...

I thought that’s what people meant by silent R. Not hearing anything until the cycle ends...
A silent rejection is where a school never tells you anything at all. So you just never get any email or phone call. I applied to about 15 schools last year and half of them silent rejected me( never told me they rejected me), and the other half sent me an email rejecting me.

I guess it’s kind of a subjective term, but that’s what I was always told it meant.

Congratulations and welcome to the Tahlequah campus!! You're going to love it!
Went up there a few weeks ago and it is GORGEOUS. The building is so new and pretty, and it's right next to a huge clinic. Congrats Tahlequah fam! <3

Reactions: 3 users
Went up there a few weeks ago and it is GORGEOUS. The building is so new and pretty, and it's right next to a huge clinic. Congrats Tahlequah fam! <3
So happy you liked it!! If you need any recs on living or anything feel free to send me a message!! (im a first year at the Tahlequah campus right now)

• Love
So happy you liked it!! If you need any recs on living or anything feel free to send me a message!! (im a first year at the Tahlequah campus right now)
Oh my goodness, that would be wonderful! Thank you so much!

Any current students know how common the scholarship awards are from the scholarship application through OSU (OOS Missouri with Oklahoma ties)?

Just finding this thread... Accepted to Tahlequah campus on 10/29! OOS (Missouri) & non-trad.

• Love
It seems like this years class is going to have a much higher proportion of OOS.

Any current students know how common the scholarship awards are from the scholarship application through OSU (OOS Missouri with Oklahoma ties)?
I am an IS student and didn't get a scholarship. I believe that since you are from Missouri if you meet a certain GPA and MCAT requirement you will qualify for an IS tuition waiver.

I am an IS student and didn't get a scholarship. I believe that since you are from Missouri if you meet a certain GPA and MCAT requirement you will qualify for an IS tuition waiver.
I don’t know a single OOS student who has gotten a tuition waiver

Lol wtf. I’ve been trying to get in state tuition for 4 years. My stats were high and I even own a house.
I’m an incoming MS1 (not sure what year you matriculated) but that’s weird you didn’t get it. From the waiver requirements I think it was just GPA over 3.5 and MCAT over a 505 or so.

Has anyone been interviewed or accepted to the Bridge program yet?
When our interviews typically sent out for the bridge?

Has anyone been interviewed or accepted to the Bridge program yet?
When our interviews typically sent out for the bridge?
My school participated in the bridge program. I had an interviewed 10/22.