2020-2021 Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah. Just unsettled over lots of WL stuff. It seems that more people are getting shoved in that direction.

...and I don’t know how my interview went. It felt tense from my perspective.
I felt like I was a blabbering crazy person.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Yeah. Just unsettled over lots of WL stuff. It seems that more people are getting shoved in that direction.

...and I don’t know how my interview went. It felt tense from my perspective.
I agree, WLs are frustrating. All we’ve done all year is wait... for MCATs, for LORs, for secondary and interview invitations, etc. Being told you have to wait AGAIN makes you want to tear your hair out!

I’m sure that your interview went a lot better than you think it did. I think we all second-guess ourselves, but ultimately, our interviewers want us to succeed.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I agree, WLs are frustrating. All we’ve done all year is wait... for MCATs, for LORs, for secondary and interview invitations, etc. Being told you have to wait AGAIN makes you want to tear your hair out!

I’m sure that your interview went a lot better than you think it did. I think we all second-guess ourselves, but ultimately, our interviewers want us to succeed.
Fair point.

Hopes and prayers for all of us. I’m just plain nervous overall >.<.

Reactions: 1 user
Please update when you hear back if you interviewed on the 28th. I've been anxiously checking my email. I wasn't sure when we would be hearing back.

Please update when you hear back if you interviewed on the 28th. I've been anxiously checking my email. I wasn't sure when we would be hearing back.
Yes!!! I keep checking the forum to see if anyone has gotten a call yet 😊

Sooooo......the deafening sound of silence...anyone hear anything today after 430 as stated above?

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted....whomp Whomp....not exactly what I was hoping for....

• Care
Just saw Waitlisted on the portal

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Waitlisted as well.

How likely is it to get off of this and get an A?

...or is this school a bust?

• Care
Accepted! Interviewed 1/28. 507 MCAT, 3.55 GPA, from the PNW.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
I was WL’td back in November. Just keeping my fingers crossed alongside you all.
From looking at past threads, it seems that WL movement only really picks up after the interviews are over...so post-March.

I’m not surprised I was WL’ed though...

Is A and WL the only options for this school...or are post-II Rs a thing as well?

OMG they actually want me! Accepted! I’m not crying like a 40 year old baby. Honest I’m not.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
Got the acceptance as well!!! Over the moon!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Who else interviewed yesterday? How do you think it went? I thought everyone was amazing and felt the school really exemplifies their mission... would love to go here.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I have seen mixed results regarding being accepted off the waitlist. In the previous thread from last year some posters were speculating that upwards of 40 people were pulled from the waitlist. However, in the need to be realistic, I would not expect that this year. There simply has been an increase in applicants compared to years previous which has made the overall pool (MD and DO) more competitive. I would bet we see like half that this year...but who really knows. My wife and I are still hopeful for a wait list acceptance in the upcoming months.

I have seen mixed results regarding being accepted off the waitlist. In the previous thread from last year some posters were speculating that upwards of 40 people were pulled from the waitlist. However, in the need to be realistic, I would not expect that this year. There simply has been an increase in applicants compared to years previous which has made the overall pool (MD and DO) more competitive. I would bet we see like half that this year...but who really knows. My wife and I are still hopeful for a wait list acceptance in the upcoming months.
Dear Lord. That is terrifying. I didn’t expect that this year would be so garbage for applicants.

There are definitely those who are hoarding A’s. Hopefully, they make their choices quick and allow for some WL movement.

Are there any current students here that are able to talk about how they selected/were assigned, their third/fourth year locations? What made you choose that locale if you had a choice? How are you handling audition rotations for fourth year?

Is there any Fb page for accepted applicants or any way to reach out to current students? Want to get to know the community more.

Is there any Fb page for accepted applicants or any way to reach out to current students? Want to get to know the community more.
Yeah search PNWU class of 2025!

Are there any current students here that are able to talk about how they selected/were assigned, their third/fourth year locations? What made you choose that locale if you had a choice? How are you handling audition rotations for fourth year?

So I haven't started rotations yet, but am going this summer. I think the process is changing, but it's based on a point system right now. The higher number of points you have, the earlier in the process you can select a site. There are multiple rounds, and as you go down the list, people with the least amount of points basically get the leftover spots. It's built right now so that people who have very strong ties to a certain location site (grew up there, etc) are able to choose whether they want to go back to that site or not, which makes sense to me. If they choose to try to go to a different site, however, then they lose any points specific for that city, and move into the round for state points, then no points, and so on. anyone with zero points can choose where they would prefer on the third round, but if more people want the site than the spots available, lowest points/no points go to a lottery system and the ones who do not get picked move on to the next round. I hope that helps some!

Hiii everyone :) Congrats to everyone who either interviewed or has gotten an A!!!

I just received an interview invite earlier today and was wondering if someone is willing to chat about the interview format?! I just picked my date so I don't have much information yet but recalled that in the past they did MMI's but that doesn't appear to be the case this year? Anywho, would love any advice/feedback that you all have :)

P.S Good luck to everyone still waiting on an interview or an A :) You're all great!!

Sooo anyone's interview been moved up recently?
Think Which One GIF by Nick Jonas

• Sad
Interviewed at the end of last month and got the call last Thursday!!!! Can’t wait to see all of you in August!!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Hiii everyone :) Congrats to everyone who either interviewed or has gotten an A!!!

I just received an interview invite earlier today and was wondering if someone is willing to chat about the interview format?! I just picked my date so I don't have much information yet but recalled that in the past they did MMI's but that doesn't appear to be the case this year? Anywho, would love any advice/feedback that you all have :)

P.S Good luck to everyone still waiting on an interview or an A :) You're all great!!
Congrats on the II! It is a somewhat MMI interview lasting 30 mins (a few ethical questions, get 2 mins to think and 8 mins to respond) and then you hat is followed by a traditional interview with another interviewer lasting 30 mins.

Hoping this week brings good news for the 2/10 crew! The waiting is just.... o_O

Just got my interview moved from late March to this week! So stoked!! Would love to go to this school

Whaaaat. Dang, I was invited mid December and still on the interview waitlist, interviewing late March. Good luck
Are you in-state or OOS? I’m a Washington resident so idk if that changes how they move down the list.