2020-2021 Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey y'all congrats on those accepted! After much thought, I'll be turning down my ii, hope it goes to someone that's on a waitlist (if there is one idk).

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you in-state or OOS? I’m a Washington resident so idk if that changes how they move down the list.
I’m from Alaska + from the University of Alaska Fairbanks where they have an agreement to give automatic interviews past a certain cut-off.

I didn’t... and I’m on the WL. I wonder who they sent it to.
It mentioned in the email that future interviewers have been calling/emailing asking about how many spots are left, so they wanted to try to answer Q's for those who may have offers elsewhere. So I'm assuming probably just to those who have yet to interview.

Reactions: 1 user
It mentioned in the email that future interviewers have been calling/emailing asking about how many spots are left, so they wanted to try to answer Q's for those who may have offers elsewhere. So I'm assuming probably just to those who have yet to interview.

Ahh makes sense. Thank you!

Yesss! I have on my planner that they usually send acceptances on Wednesday which would be two weeks? But I'm not positive!
Yeah! I've been tracking interview dates vs decisions too... it seems to be mostly the day after the 2-week mark, so Thursday for us. There have been a couple that don't follow the pattern though, so who knows! Someone above mentioned getting an email about the class being full... makes me wonder if there were any seats available.

According to the fast facts link, there have been around 300something offers made in the past application cycles, but only 144 spots in the cohort... Does that essentially mean that the difference turned down their offer and didn't matriculate? 🤔 v curious.. trying my best not to be neurotic but you know type A's lol

According to the fast facts link, there have been around 300something offers made in the past application cycles, but only 144 spots in the cohort... Does that essentially mean that the difference turned down their offer and didn't matriculate? 🤔 v curious.. trying my best not to be neurotic but you know type A's lol
Yeah that's what it means. That's pretty typical.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes... my understanding is that admissions are rolling until the class is full. I would guess a large chunk of offers are made toward the beginning/middle of the cycle and as the cycle progresses applicants will turn down their acceptance for a more desirable school... these all count toward the total offers made. My guess is that once interviews are complete then they start offering acceptances to the WL as applicants opt for other schools. So, yes, those 180ish applicants either chose other schools or didn't matriculate for other reasons. I'd be curious to see how many of those offers were made to applicants on the WL.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just withdrew my app and cancelled my interview on 2/25/21. I feel bad cancelling so late, but I just got accepted to one of my top choices and don't want to proceed to waste everyone's time/take an interview spot. Best of luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Just withdrew my interview invite. Best wishes to you all! Hope to work with you all in the future

.... anyone else checking the portal/refreshing the feed like a crazy person hoping for an early update? :nailbiting:

Will they update PNWU portal before a phone call?
If you get accepted they will call... otherwise, the portal will update and you should get an email.

Edit: oops, misread your post. I believe others said the portal updates after the call. :)

I got an email saying the class is full so interviewees will be waitlisted but i don’t know which interview dates that applies to

Reactions: 2 users
no 3/18 but thats why I said i’m not sure which dates that applies to
I was mostly curious if I somehow just missed the email. They very well could be WLing everyone until space opens up... hopefully we find out soon!

I got an email saying the class is full so interviewees will be waitlisted but i don’t know which interview dates that applies to
I understood the email as all seat offers have currently been made, however some offers have yet to be accepted. If ppl chose to decline, it will open up another spot for someone else.

This cycle is so weird since everything is remote. Its been speculated that ppl are "hoarding interviews" since no travel is needed, which would cause consistent changes to the accepted/WL. But who knows, we'll see! Hoping for the best for all of us.

Last edited:
To the people who got the “class is full” email, do you have a future interview date or have you already interviewed?

edit- and did you ask about seats left before you got the email?

To the people who got the “class is full” email, do you have a future interview date or have you already interviewed?

edit- and did you ask about seats left before you got the email?
The email was drafted specifically for people who have upcoming interviews, and no I didn’t contact them prior to receiving it.

Okay, thank you! Was just curious

Question for any current students at PNWU! Do you get to the pick the order of your clinical rotations during your third year? Can anyone speak on the rotation sites in the Bellevue/Puyallup area? I'm wondering if you have a list of possible rotation sites in that area and you pick the sites, or if the sites are already lined up for you. I'm trying to do research on what hospitals PNWU students rotate through in each of the rotation areas they have, but having trouble finding information about it.

Hi all. I was curious about the full class email. Does this mean that if you have already had an interview, you can only be waitlisted? Or does it mean that all the spots for an interview are full? Thanks :)

Does anyone have “Academic Prerequisites” hanging out on their portal checklist? Is this something they upload or am I missing something?

Do they let you know pretty quickly if they have questions about a prereq?

Hi all. I was curious about the full class email. Does this mean that if you have already had an interview, you can only be waitlisted? Or does it mean that all the spots for an interview are full? Thanks :)
It means we're all interviewing for the waitlist at this point, and to not waste their time if you already have acceptances elsewhere at schools you know you'd rather attend, basically.

Does anyone have “Academic Prerequisites” hanging out on their portal checklist? Is this something they upload or am I missing something?

Do they let you know pretty quickly if they have questions about a prereq?
Like a week after my interview someone from the ADCOM I believe emailed me. They said I had outstanding physics courses that would have to be completed before matriculation.
The email actually ended up in my spam, so make sure to check it.

The following week I got an acceptance offer! So make sure look out for it. Good luck!

Like a week after my interview someone from the ADCOM I believe emailed me. They said I had outstanding physics courses that would have to be completed before matriculation.
The email actually ended up in my spam, so make sure to check it.

The following week I got an acceptance offer! So make sure look out for it. Good luck!
coincidentally if I do have a missing prereq, it will be a physics credit too 😂 have already signed up for a course for next quarter tentatively - just in case.

I have enough physics credits, but one was an “intro” course instead of the full physics series so I wasn’t sure if they would take it (though in a previous email with Adcoms they said it should be fine? But we’ll see!)

Thanks for the info and congrats on the A!

coincidentally if I do have a missing prereq, it will be a physics credit too 😂 have already signed up for a course for next quarter tentatively - just in case.

I have enough physics credits, but one was an “intro” course instead of the full physics series so I wasn’t sure if they would take it (though in a previous email with Adcoms they said it should be fine? But we’ll see!)

Thanks for the info and congrats on the A!
Thank you so much! I was actually going to email them and ask if I reaaalllyy need the last lab. They said they only need 12 quarter credits, so if I don’t need to do the third lab I won’t take it. Lol

Thank you!!! Good luck to you!

Hi! Anyone who interviewed on 2/10 hear anything yet? Anxiously waiting...
I haven't heard anything. Part of me wonders if they are waiting to see if anyone from the last group doesn't pay their deposit which would free up some seats. Who knows though... just speculating.

I haven't heard anything. Part of me wonders if they are waiting to see if anyone from the last group doesn't pay their deposit which would free up some seats. Who knows though... just speculating.
Hmm interesting, do you know what the turn around time is to make the deposit? 2 weeks from acceptance?

Hmm interesting, do you know what the turn around time is to make the deposit? 2 weeks from acceptance?
I know PNWU follows AACOMAS traffic guidelines... so that would mean applicants accepted between Jan 15th and May 14th have 14 days to pay their deposit. Hoping we hear soon!

I know PNWU follows AACOMAS traffic guidelines... so that would mean applicants accepted between Jan 15th and May 14th have 14 days to pay their deposit. Hoping we hear soon!
Yeah, it’s two weeks. I was not expecting that. My deposit was due this week, the week before I find out about WSU. Lol I was like, well I guess I’m paying the deposit and will see in a week about WSU. Haha

Yeah, it’s two weeks. I was not expecting that. My deposit was due this week, the week before I find out about WSU. Lol I was like, well I guess I’m paying the deposit and will see in a week about WSU. Haha
Oof... that's painful. What day was your deposit due? Congrats on your A!