2020-2021 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got my acceptance letter as well! Class of 2025! Guys we DID IT :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I’m interviewing today and I was wondering if the interview lasted the full for hours or just the hour and a half?

Hey guys! I’m interviewing today and I was wondering if the interview lasted the full for hours or just the hour and a half?
It does not last the full four hours. I think 1 hour is the virtual orientation, and then everyone gets separate interview times that only last 30 minutes. During the orientation, they tell you who you're interviewing with and what to expect from that person.
Good luck, it was a very chill interview and it's a close file.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know what sites they use for clinical rotations? I am torn on where I want to go. I've liked nearly everything about PCOM GA thus far.

Can anyone talk more about what to expect on interview day and what type of questions were asked? Thanks!

It does not last the full four hours. I think 1 hour is the virtual orientation, and then everyone gets separate interview times that only last 30 minutes. During the orientation, they tell you who you're interviewing with and what to expect from that person.
Good luck, it was a very chill interview and it's a close file.
Thanks!

Anyone know what sites they use for clinical rotations? I am torn on where I want to go. I've liked nearly everything about PCOM GA thus far.
I'm not sure where exactly the sites are but I do know that they have sites in NC, SC, and GA!

Whew! Stressful process indeed. Submitted all my D.O. primaries a few weeks ago ever since being deferred from my only E.D. MD program -- nothing but silence, completion emails, and secondaries for a while.

..but, woke up this morning to an II (to the South Georgia campus)! Immediately confirmed my interview spot. Anyone know much about post-II acceptance rates? From what I've seen, they can be somewhat higher than post-MD rates, upwards of 70-75%.

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys,
Congrats to everyone accepted! I was accepted last year and I am a OMS1 3 months in. I was so excited to start at suwanee but starting during a pandemic has definitely put a damper on things. I don't want anyone to be blind sighted by whats ahead so heres a small update on COVID and PCOM (from a student perspective).
In terms of the pandemic, PCOM has not handled it well. They did what feels like a last minute curriculum switch so that we have anatomy 2nd term instead of first. The faculty do not seem to know this because we are expected to have complete anatomy knowledge to utilize in our other classes, and professors teach as if we already had anatomy. There is no white coat, orientation is online, and you don't really get to meet classmates.

This term was hybrid we went in x2 a week, once for OMM once for Primary care skills. OMM is 1 a week and you really do not get a chance to practice other than that, unless you were smart enough to have a roommate in your class. Everything next term will be 100% online (Anatomy and OMM as well). As of now anatomy is going to be completely online next term (simulations, no dissections). This is for "COVID safety purposes," except that PA and physical therapy students on the same campus have anatomy lab currently. It seems we are not prioritized in this sense. Online learning is hard and PCOM has not been accommodating in this process. It seems that as first years we have really been pushed aside and our opinions/ideas/input has not been taken into account.

I am sure PCOM was a great institution before COVID hit and had them change things but I would not consider what our class is going through now a "complete education." Just in case this pandemic lasts longer than we hope I want you guys to know what to expect. I would encourage you to ask questions during interviews/ any open houses about what your first year will look like if the pandemic continues.

Disclaimer: I do not speak on behalf of my class and this is strictly a student perspective and my personal opinion

• Wow
Reactions: 8 users
On the application portal it still say that my prehealth/committee is missing. Does that mean I have to directly send them the committee letter even though its already on my aacomas application?

Hey so I’m confused. Idk if I got an interview invite. Like idk if this is an invite or like a general “get to know the staff” email. I think it’s the latter but I’m not sure. Like this is the email

Attachments

• 81B5D897-8F4F-4600-80A2-C981DAEBBBCB.png
    81B5D897-8F4F-4600-80A2-C981DAEBBBCB.png
    284.1 KB · Views: 220
Hey so I’m confused. Idk if I got an interview invite. Like idk if this is an invite or like a general “get to know the staff” email. I think it’s the latter but I’m not sure. Like this is the email
that is an interview! they just tell you the time lol

II just now! 4.0/511, OOS, complete 8/20

II but will be declining. hope it goes to one of y'all!

complete 7/14

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone knew what platform the Interview is on (zoom/skype/..?)! I'm supposed to have my interview soon but have not received the interview link!

New 4th year here. I'm out of touch on the application process for GAPCOM so I can't help with 1° /secondary questions but if you have any questions about rotations i'm available.
Do you feel like PCOM has good hospitals to rotate at? Where were you sent? I see that they can send students all over the place

Reactions: 2 users
Do you feel like PCOM has good hospitals to rotate at? Where were you sent? I see that they can send students all over the place

I felt like I had a good experience where I rotated. I went up north for third year and don't regret choosing it as my number 1 core site

I gave you a more detailed response of the rest of the sites in your DMs. Forward to anybody else interested.

Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys! anyone with an II still pending MCAT score? I've been complete since 9/11 and the silence from all 3 campuses is killing me :(

Hey guys! anyone with an II still pending MCAT score? I've been complete since 9/11 and the silence from all 3 campuses is killing me :(
if you don’t have an MCAT, if you haven’t already, you should apply to RVUCOM. they’re not requiring MCAT this year.

if you don’t have an MCAT, if you haven’t already, you should apply to RVUCOM. they’re not requiring MCAT this year.
I wish I could go that far from home :( But I wouldn't last... Taking it in January, but PCOM confirmed they are offering interviews without MCAT and then only offering acceptance after receiving the score. So I figured it was worth a shot.

Acceptance email about an hour ago! LM 71, OOS, complete mid September, interviewed last week!

Same just got accepted, interviewed last week. LM score of 60

Acceptance just now!! Woohoo - does anyone know about how the classes are arranged in preclinical years (P/F vs letter grade)?

Decisions can come quicker when you interview just prior to a committee meeting. Anyone who interviews right after a meeting will need to wait until the next one - could be 4-6 weeks.

Just withdrew my app from PCOM (GA) after hearing from PA, I hope my II goes to one of you deserving people! Best of luck for the rest of the cycle future colleagues! :)

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
II received! Do they usually only give you 2 days notice lol?

Any current students can please explain the clinical rotations in year 3 and 4? Does it feel structured or do you feel all over the place? How is commuting when you have to be in different areas? Do you feel you’re spending a significant amount of extra money for that reason? Would love to hear from someone who stayed in the Atlanta area especially because that’s what I am most interested in doing!

I interviewed on 9/23, and I am still waiting to hear back. Tomorrow will be six weeks since my interview. Is this normal?

I interviewed on 9/23, and I am still waiting to hear back. Tomorrow will be six weeks since my interview. Is this normal?

honestly that is really long, I would follow up maybe. I interviewed around that same time and I heard back a few weeks ago..

I read through the thread but I'm conflicted. I don't have a great undergrad GPA but I'm in a fulltime MS program right now and americorps fulltime, and I'm probably on track to get a 4.0 this semester and have a pretty great upward trend from undergrad (3.7+ after mid-junior year) and I have a decent MCAT. Idk am I too late to submit a primary ?? I will update my fall grades in December, so I don't want to be screened out right now (I applied last year and obviously never heard from any of the 3 campuses). I also have significant research, rural/urban med experience, and overall shadowing/volunteering & a DO letter. does anyone have any advice??

I read through the thread but I'm conflicted. I don't have a great undergrad GPA but I'm in a fulltime MS program right now and americorps fulltime, and I'm probably on track to get a 4.0 this semester and have a pretty great upward trend from undergrad (3.7+ after mid-junior year) and I have a decent MCAT. Idk am I too late to submit a primary ?? I will update my fall grades in December, so I don't want to be screened out right now (I applied last year and obviously never heard from any of the 3 campuses). I also have significant research, rural/urban med experience, and overall shadowing/volunteering & a DO letter. does anyone have any advice??

do it ! you totally got this

do I wait until after Dec grades are updated or just apply now?

maybe apply now and make a note that you will be sending grade updates in Dec! I only just got into this school a couple weeks ago so I'm not a pro but I think you can have a really good shot :)

Right? I feel the same way. There's all this talk about SDN being negative and destroying people's dreams, but there are also a lot of people on here building each other up.
@rachillthefout just submitted my primary to PCOM-GA :') i literally wrote it as soon as you said something last night lol

• Love