2020-2021 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you all think that anyone interviewing past this point is essentially bound for the waitlist? Or is that a pessimistic way of thinking lol

Yes, I think that’s a fair assumption right now until currently accepted people bow out. I only say this because people who interviewed last week already got waitlisted before people who interviewed a month ago received a decision.

Reactions: 1 user
how long after submitting did you all get a secondary?

Interview invite today for 1/6
Anybody care to share how the interview iformat is?

I completed my application and paid the fee on July 31st. If I haven't heard anything from them since then is it likely I'm not getting an interview? Just curious what everyone else's timeline has looked like and was hoping to hear back by now.

Members don't see this ad :)
I completed my application and paid the fee on July 31st. If I haven't heard anything from them since then is it likely I'm not getting an interview? Just curious what everyone else's timeline has looked like and was hoping to hear back by now.

What is your stats if you don't mind me asking. I'm in the same boat as you too but with a pretty low stat so I have very low hope lol.

What is your stats if you don't mind me asking. I'm in the same boat as you too but with a pretty low stat so I have very low hope lol.
Sure. MCAT 500 ugGPA 3.6 Master'sGPA 3.6 ugSGPA 3.5 graduateSGPA 3.6

Dang and you didn't get an II so its over for me and my 2.9 ugpa 3.78 SMP 501 mcat lmao

Interviews go on for months yet. Neither one of you needs to worry that much just yet!

Reactions: 2 users
They will rarely move to the waitlist while they are interviewing. Why would they with new acceptances every month. Once interviews are completed and withdrawals start coming in then the waitlist moves. The waitlist will also move when final deposits are due and they are not paid or not paid on time.

If we interviewed here this past Monday is it safe to say we might not know anything until end of January because they're going on break soon? I see alot of people who hear back in a matter of 14 days, but figured that might not be the timing I get!

Accepted off waitlist today. waitlisted on 12/2

Upcoming second year here for any questions and I'll answer the best I can. For 3rd and 4th year info @getfat is probably the better resource.
Hey! I applied to PCOM, finished my secondary in early August and haven't heard back yet. I got an acceptance at an out of state DO schoo and I'm happy for that but really want to stay in GA if possible. Is PCOM GA usually slow at reviewing applications or does it seem like I won't get an interview? Thank you in advance for your time

is there a group me or FB for accepted students?

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Accepted 12/23! Have any accepted folks received their PCOM email and network access yet?

Accepted 12/23! Have any accepted folks received their PCOM email and network access yet?
Remember this is holiday week. You will receive the information usually within a few days of paying your deposit. Can't remember if you have to return the paperwork too but once that is all done you will get your credentials.

Just got an interview for 1/11! How was everyone's experience? Is it open or closed file?

Just got an interview for 1/11! How was everyone's experience? Is it open or closed file?
I had a great time! It was closed file. I felt like they really made an effort to let you be yourself in the interview.

Just interviewed! Does anybody the average time for admissions decisions?

Turnaround will depend on when you interview vs when the committee meets. If they have met right before your interview it can take up to 6 weeks to get your decision. Those that interview right before will hear quicker.

For anyone who has taken the MCAT more than once, does your most recent MCAT test date show up on the Notes of your Application Summary?? Mine is showing my expired MCAT from years ago instead of my new one. Both my old & new scores were transmitted simultaneously with my AACOMAS primary app.

According to their info page (Information for In-Progress Applicants | PCOM Admissions), it should show the "most recent test data." I'm slightly concerned that perhaps I might not be considered complete because of this minor technical error.

If you don't mind checking your portal very quickly and let me know, I'd really appreciate it! Tysm in advance!!!:)
I emailed them about this and they said that it doesn’t reflect your current score and they had all my scores on file

For anyone who has taken the MCAT more than once, does your most recent MCAT test date show up on the Notes of your Application Summary?? Mine is showing my expired MCAT from years ago instead of my new one. Both my old & new scores were transmitted simultaneously with my AACOMAS primary app.

According to their info page (Information for In-Progress Applicants | PCOM Admissions), it should show the "most recent test data." I'm slightly concerned that perhaps I might not be considered complete because of this minor technical error.

If you don't mind checking your portal very quickly and let me know, I'd really appreciate it! Tysm in advance!!!:)
Hey, I just checked and it's also showing my very first test date. I was still offered an interview and then eventually waitlisted so I don't think this will hinder you from being complete. PCOM also doesn't send complete emails.

Does anybody know the II acceptance %?
Well, I'm not sure if any of us can extrapolate how many people are interviewed from who applied, but the 2020 data says roughly 2600 applied while 361 were accepted, and 135 matriculated to GA. I'm willing to bet the acceptance rate is around 75% of those interviewed.

Does anybody know the instructions on how to send a thank you note post interview? Thank you