2020-2021 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you! I was complete November 23rd
thank god, they are making some progress, i was complete early December.

what are the interview dates given to you?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
thank god, they are making some progress, i was complete early December.

what are the interview dates given to you?
So they dont let you choose, they just assign you one and then ask you to confirm or reach out to reschedule. But mine is for Feb 11!

I'm devastated. Rejection after interviewing 12/15. I never knew they reject post interview lol. I was really hoping for a waitlist worst case scenario :/

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 11 users
Just got an II tonight! Completed Nov 23, first year biomed student. The interview is this Thursday, only given 2 days notice... lol

Reactions: 3 users
Just received a decision update from PCOM saying the committee has delayed my decision (DD) for admissions and has been placed on hold. Has anyone else received this email? Is this the same as a waitlist? I was reading previous posts from other years and saw people who were originally DD had gotten moved to the waitlist. Does PCOM still operate this way?

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year a contingency showed up on my portal (I was finishing up a prerequisite in my undergrad) about a week before I got my acceptance!

Do contingencies apply for people waiting to get IIs too? Haven't got one, just curious.

Do contingencies apply for people waiting to get IIs too? Haven't got one, just curious.

I don’t think so. The contingency was meant to go along with my acceptance but it seems like those get entered in a little bit before the acceptance info appears. So you wouldn’t see that if you haven’t interviewed already.

That BMS email gave me a heart attack... waiting for II still. Def losing hope.

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
Hello everyone, first time on this thread. Anyone complete 9/2020 and silence? I attended an interview for PCOM-GA, but nothing from PCOM phil.

• Care
Hello everyone, first time on this thread. Anyone complete 9/2020 and silence? I attended an interview for PCOM-GA, but nothing from PCOM phil.
I was complete 8/16/20 and it has been radiosilence for me as well. I am not optimistic. I believe they interview through March

Reactions: 2 users
Meeeeee, I was complete at the end of sept and nothing.

• Care
hi all! i have an interview with PCOM on February 4th! anyone who has interviewed know if its a closed or open file interview !? thanks in advance !

hi all! i have an interview with PCOM on February 4th! anyone who has interviewed know if its a closed or open file interview !? thanks in advance !
It is completely closed, the interviewers only know your name!

Hi all! Quick ques: for those receiving decisions post-interview, are you being informed via email or mail?

those who are getting the BMS email? What are your stats?

Yesterday someone told me that PCOM reviews applicants in order of last name. That sounds like the most illogical system I have ever heard LOL. I don't think this is true, but with my last name starting with a letter near the end of the alphabet I can't help but wonder.

Reactions: 1 users
Yesterday someone told me that PCOM reviews applicants in order of last name. That sounds like the most illogical system I have ever heard LOL. I don't think this is true, but with my last name starting with a letter near the end of the alphabet I can't help but wonder.
I think they just tape our apps to the wall and throw darts at it honestly

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
No true, they use a rubric for stats, schools, where you live etc and do that for each download. Over 13000 apps to review is a monumental job and some will definitely fall through the cracks. I think they interview about 700 and accept about 400 but I can not swear to those numbers, however they are pretty close.

For those accepted this cycle or in the past, when do we learn about our financial aid packages? Is that something that is given pre or post deposit?

Can someone offer some advice, please? which is one is more expensive as an out of state? PCOM or MSUCOM? I understand that PCOM is private and MSUCOM has a ridiculous OOS tuition. My question is do I only pay OOS tuition at MSUCOM for the first year and then in-state tuition? Also I would appreciate any recommendations if you had to choose to attend one, please. Thank you.

Can someone offer some advice, please? which is one is more expensive as an out of state? PCOM or MSUCOM? I understand that PCOM is private and MSUCOM has a ridiculous OOS tuition. My question is do I only pay OOS tuition at MSUCOM for the first year and then in-state tuition? Also I would appreciate any recommendations if you had to choose to attend one, please. Thank you.
I cannot speak for specific schools, but in general, you get OOS tuition unless you become a state resident, and to become a state resident you must live there for 1 or 2 years (depending on the state) without going to school. So you would pay OOS every year at most schools because you would not become a state resident during medical school unless that one is different.

Is anybody else waiting for their decision post-interview? Felt like my interview went really well but I guess it is impossible to tell until I get a response.

Are they still interviewing? Do they take updates?

Accepted earlier today! Complete 11/4, interview invite 12/17, and interviewed on 1/14!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
I received an A from PCOM and it sounds like an amazing school, but I was wondering if any current students could DM me or answer some of my questions about the school. Because of the crazy snowstorm, we weren't able to chat with current PCOM students during our interview session. Thanks!