2020-2021 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone else have more than one MCAT score show up on the application portal? I have 2 scored MCATs and just realized they are only displaying my first score (which is lower). I checked and the AACOMAS system definitely received both scores. :unsure:

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone else have more than one MCAT score show up on the application portal? I have 2 scored MCATs and just realized they are only displaying my first score (which is lower). I checked and the AACOMAS system definitely received both scores. :unsure:

if you have two scores only the first one shows up even if they have the second!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For those who interviewed, who did you send your thank you note too? Did you email admissions asking for their email addresses?

For those who interviewed, who did you send your thank you note too? Did you email admissions asking for their email addresses?
Admissions will tell you to send it to them and they’ll forward it to your interviewers. Good luck!

Is everyone else getting radio silence as well? I emailed them twice and they say they don't give any status updates which makes the wait that much worse. Thanks.

Reactions: 2 users
For those curious because I saw it asked a few times I received an II for the Philly campus and also the South Georgia campus, so I think they’re basically treated as different schools as far as interviews go

no ii here either, and I have decent stats. ORF. I was thinking PCOM - PA was going to be very high on my list of first choice and nothing. submitted on the very first day in June, secondary requested pretty immediately, was submitted within a couple of days of request. Is there hope that an ii could still be forthcoming, does anyone know where they're at? I'm OOS but undergrad in PA

Reactions: 6 users
are the only things due immediately after acceptance the technical standards and first deposit? today is 2 weeks after for me and i want to make sure i didn't miss anything

Members don't see this ad :)
are the only things due immediately after acceptance the technical standards and first deposit? today is 2 weeks after for me and i want to make sure i didn't miss anything
You can make the second deposit of $500 on that same banner page.

after a long silence...received an interview invite for next week!! Very surprised, this was my top choice DO

Are we interviewing for the waitlist at this point?

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
after a long silence...received an interview invite for next week!! Very surprised, this was my top choice DO

Are we interviewing for the waitlist at this point?

I interviewed 2/10 and was accepted. I have been seeing later dates get accepted. Just try to worry about doing well for now!

Reactions: 1 users
I also just got an interview invite… and I completed in June. I'd basically given up on any new IIs coming in. I wonder how many spots are actually open compared to how many IIs were sent out

• Love
Received II this afternoon. IS, ORM, Lizzy: 69, cGPA: 3.8, sGPA: 3.6, MCAT: 509, solid ECs. Applied in late-August with silence until now. Pretty surprised.

I'm a firm believer that a medical school would never send a II without having availability open in their upcoming class. You are never interviewing for a WL, you are interviewing for an acceptance. Stay true to that mentality and don't stress it. Excited for the interview & to prove myself to PCOM.

• Wow
Reactions: 16 users
Any tips for interview day? Not sure what to expect.

Also, it originally said 11:45-4pm, but I got 3 invites (welcome, ambassador Q&A, and the interview) ending at 1:45. Is this normal?

Thanks!!

Last edited:
How long does it usually take to hear a decision following the interview? Has anyone heard back quickly or have they been taking the whole 5-6 weeks to get back to you?

How long does it usually take to hear a decision following the interview? Has anyone heard back quickly or have they been taking the whole 5-6 weeks to get back to you?
It took me 3 weeks to receive an A

2 weeks on the dot for an acceptance.

Had my interview today and do not think it went well AT ALL. It started with technical difficulties, call kept lagging, which stressed me out even more than I already was. My one interviewer was super curt and not very personable, so having an open conversation was kind of tough. Closed file but I guess this was a plus as I was able to talk more about my experiences without sounding repetitive. My interview also ended 10 minutes early and they didn't even give me a chance to ask questions.. pretty bad vibe.

Will my interviewers eventually read my file, letters or rec, personal statement and transcript? Because I feel like I have so much more to offer than my mediocre interview experience. Feeling absolutely bummed on a Friday.

• Care
Had my interview today and do not think it went well AT ALL. It started with technical difficulties, call kept lagging, which stressed me out even more than I already was. My one interviewer was super curt and not very personable, so having an open conversation was kind of tough. Closed file but I guess this was a plus as I was able to talk more about my experiences without sounding repetitive. My interview also ended 10 minutes early and they didn't even give me a chance to ask questions.. pretty bad vibe.

Will my interviewers eventually read my file, letters or rec, personal statement and transcript? Because I feel like I have so much more to offer than my mediocre interview experience. Feeling absolutely bummed on a Friday.
In my interview I asked if they ever get to see my file and they said no. Don’t get discouraged, a lot of people get A’s even when they think it went horribly

II just now! Pretty surprised since I've heard nothing back since August

• Wow
In my interview I asked if they ever get to see my file and they said no. Don’t get discouraged, a lot of people get A’s even when they think it went horribly
I talked to a friend who goes to PCOM, they said PCOM used to do open file but switched it up for this cycle

Has anyone submitted the medical health questionnaire yet? The actual MHQ form says to complete within 8 weeks of our acceptance but the platform says "Information below is currently being updated for students starting in the Summer and Fall 2021 terms. You will receive an email when this information is fully updated" so I'm a little confused. I was accepted in November so I may be a ways from their deadline if it really is 8 weeks...

To all you getting March interview, can your share your stats? I'm ORF OOS 508 MCAT, great EC's, good GPA. I don't understand why they have not at least extended an II.

Has anyone submitted the medical health questionnaire yet? The actual MHQ form says to complete within 8 weeks of our acceptance but the platform says "Information below is currently being updated for students starting in the Summer and Fall 2021 terms. You will receive an email when this information is fully updated" so I'm a little confused. I was accepted in November so I may be a ways from their deadline if it really is 8 weeks...

Ignore the 8 weeks requirement. I’m not sure why they say that since you have to wait for them to update it for your class. But it was well after 8 weeks by the time I got that done last year so don’t stress!

Ignore the 8 weeks requirement. I’m not sure why they say that since you have to wait for them to update it for your class. But it was well after 8 weeks by the time I got that done last year so don’t stress!
Wait, we have to wait for them to update it? I have a doctor’s appointment soon, so I was going to have them fill it out then.

I was accepted March 9, but I don’t have a log in still. Does anyone accepted that day/after have one yet?

I was accepted March 9, but I don’t have a log in still. Does anyone accepted that day/after have one yet?
Sorry to change the subject, but do you mind sharing your stats? I’m still waiting on an ii.

Wait, we have to wait for them to update it? I have a doctor’s appointment soon, so I was going to have them fill it out then.

If the form is there for the health survey you’re good. I just remember it took them some time last year to update all the links for the incoming class and the 8 week requirement wasn’t really enforced

Anyone know until when do they interview?

Just got WL decision. First year biomed. Any fellow past or current biomeds on here familiar with WL movement for us?

Just got WL decision. First year biomed. Any fellow past or current biomeds on here familiar with WL movement for us?
They can let you know up until the first day of class, pretty much just a waiting game

Does anyone know how many spots they offer every year? Is it a set number?

Does anyone know how many spots they offer every year? Is it a set number?
I believe there’s 270 total seats but they usually offer more since people pick another program or something.