2020-2021 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM-Colorado)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does the portal get updated before we get the call/email next week?
No idea! That’s a great question 😉

Members don't see this ad.

So those of us who were complete by the beginning of this year are all rejected because the class
Is full ? :(
I was complete in November and haven't gotten a response. Unfortunately, it looks like a silent rejection for us. Or we'll get an R in the next few weeks. I'm staying positive for next cycle 👍

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
just wanna make sure if we are on the APS list we have a seat abet not offically
With APS you will be offered a seat for class of 2025 if one becomes available, otherwise you are guaranteed a spot in the class of 2026!

Reactions: 1 user
Do you guys know if they will send more II for APS? Or are they just done in general interviewing

Does the portal get updated before we get the call/email next week?
The portal did not update for me until a week after acceptance. They said in the last zoom meeting I attended with adcoms that they were sending emails to those that are APS, waitlisted or denied. I recommend checking your email on Tuesday

These are some really good questions. Unfortunately, it seems like no one here can answer the APS status ones and only the admission committee can at this point.

There is still something I need to get off my chest since my last little update on this thread.

I would like to say that when I attended the webinar Q/A, the two individuals representing the DO school were really rude and a bit fed up with questions. I remember at various points where one of the representatives literally said that "this answer can be found on the website" to almost every question they didn't have an answer too or were tired to answer. When I asked a question about something serious, one of them rolled their eyes. They didn't seem like they wanted to be there.

Being a Colorado native, this saddened me alot. We Coloradains don't act like this. Maybe I caught them on a bad day.Maybe they are burnt out! IDK man.

I have been to so many virtual events for DO school and not one of those schools reps behaved like this. So, I have decided I will not be reapplying to this school next cycle (since they already closed their cycle) based off of their non existent empathy for prospective students.

I would highly encourage all the reapplicants to take their time researching the real environment of these schools. For me personally, I can't give my 400K tuition money to a school thats gunna treat me like ****. Only during rotations will I allow the residents and physicians to do that lol

P.S. this was my number one choice for DO. God I was so wrong :(
Had a completely different experience with them. I have nothing but good things to say about the people at RVU-COM. I've attended every single DO Virtual Fair/webinars with them and they've been nothing but pleasant. Admissions staffs gave me their email, shared where they were in the admissions cycle, were candid, and talked about where they stood. I've communicated with them numerous times and they've been nothing but sweet and pleasant to me! Even in the interview- I asked pretty tough questions to my interviewers, and they took their time and went over the interview time to accommodate the questions.

I did see they did say to check the website for questions during a webinar..but many were in response to questions that were literally on their admissions page.

Reactions: 4 users
Im a first year here at RVU, so I thought Id offer you my APS experience. First, I found RVU admissions to be the most transparent school I applied to. They actually let you know that you are interview for an APS seat instead of putting you directly on the waitlist, where have no idea where you stand. They also update you monthly about APS movement so you get an idea what class you will likely be in.

Last year I interviewed 1/30, got my APS decision about 2 weeks later (they also emailed to inform us that decisions would be delayed from what they originally told us during the interview, I really appreciated this) and I got off APS in late May. Last year they over accepted, so a few days before class started, they needed 5 students to defer until next year and had to offer them 1 year free tuition, maybe they are being more careful this year to avoid this. I know last year they interviewed into march and I think everyone on APS that wanted to be apart of the class of 2024 was able to be. I know they offered deferment earlier to APS applicants due to covid if you didn't want to start during a pandemic. I would truly be surprised if admissions was done this early, but things are different this year so who knows.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Im a first year here at RVU, so I thought Id offer you my APS experience. First, I found RVU admissions to be the most transparent school I applied to. They actually let you know that you are interview for an APS seat instead of putting you directly on the waitlist, where have no idea where you stand. They also update you monthly about APS movement so you get an idea what class you will likely be in.

Last year I interviewed 1/30, got my APS decision about 2 weeks later (they also emailed to inform us that decisions would be delayed from what they originally told us during the interview, I really appreciated this) and I got off APS in late May. Last year they over accepted, so a few days before class started, they needed 5 students to defer until next year and had to offer them 1 year free tuition, maybe they are being more careful this year to avoid this. I know last year they interviewed into march and I think everyone on APS that wanted to be apart of the class of 2024 was able to be. I know they offered deferment earlier to APS applicants due to covid if you didn't want to start during a pandemic. I would truly be surprised if admissions was done this early, but things are different this year so who knows.
Thank you for this!

Has anybody heard anything from the most recent interview round? Should we be expecting only an email or will we get a call for APS?

Has anybody heard anything from the most recent interview round? Should we be expecting only an email or will we get a call for APS?
I think past people have said they email APS!

Members don't see this ad :)
RVU has stated that they are not including the MCAT in the application process this year due to the pandemic. What that means is that the school is NOT pulling or looking at any MCAT scores so it does not matter if an applicants took it or not. Everyone is on equal ground. They sent an email in late Nov or early Dec saying they have had an increase in acceptances that paid the deposit so they are only accepting applicants pending space APS now. Hope this helps & Good luck!
Thank you

Has anybody been taken off the alternate list yet? Also, do you guys think there will be movement happening this year?

Has anyone noticed their "Recommendation of Choice Date" changing on their portal (pre II)? I noticed it change several times and thought it was glitch, but now I am becoming more concerned as it again updated to today's date 1/26/2021.

Has anyone noticed their "Recommendation of Choice Date" changing on their portal (pre II)? I noticed it change several times and thought it was glitch, but now I am becoming more concerned as it again updated to today's date 1/26/2021.
LOOOOOOL SAME HAHAHAAHAHAHA

changed like 3 times in the past 3 weeks and changed again today (also I am close with another person applying and he said the same thing to me today) - I think they might be looking at your apps? We were both complete on the 7th of this month.

changed like 3 times in the past 3 weeks and changed again today (also I am close with another person applying and he said the same thing to me today) - I think they might be looking at your apps? We were both complete on the 7th of this month.
I was also complete this month! I hope they just get this over with and give us an II or something. The stress of the unknown killllllssss me.

Mine has done this since I was complete Nov 1

I think it’s just a glitch as mine has been doing the same this entire time and I’m post-interview.

I have not. Will definitely post if / when I do.
Thank you! Today seems to be the day based on previous interview cycles so fingers crossed we hear back soon.

APS here as well. Almost wondering if they would let you choose to defer to class of 2026 if you are APS. The possibility of giving COVID another year to settle/things return to normal and another year to watch how p/f step 1 impacts things is intriguing to me.

Last edited:
We have inquired about this before. It is entirely a glitch and means nothing more, unfortunately. I was accepted back in August and it happens to all of us and is still happening in my portal now.

for current RVU students, what is your honest opinion of the school mentioning the good and places of improvment

APS here as well. Almost wondering if they would let you choose to defer to class of 2026 if you are APS. The possibility of giving COVID another year to settle/things return to normal and another year to watch how p/f step 1 impacts things is intriguing to me.
It was discussed during multiple admin Q&A sessions (I’ve attended a few) that anyone that’s accepted APS can email the school if they prefer to begin in July 2022 instead of 2021. The woman said they will most likely have more students than they need so not everyone will be able to start in 2021.
Just so you are aware the governor of CO has extended mask mandates and closures until July so who knows if they will even be on campus by July or what that will look like if they are

It was discussed during multiple admin Q&A sessions (I’ve attended a few) that anyone that’s accepted APS can email the school if they prefer to begin in July 2022 instead of 2021. The woman said they will most likely have more students than they need so not everyone will be able to start in 2021.
Just so you are aware the governor of CO has extended mask mandates and closures until July so who knows if they will even be on campus by July or what that will look like if they are
Are there separate Q&A sessions for Utah and Colorado or a general RVU Q&A? Because do you think if they said this to the CO campus is applies to UTAH too or that’s separate? Thanks!

Are there separate Q&A sessions for Utah and Colorado or a general RVU Q&A? Because do you think if they said this to the CO campus is applies to UTAH too or that’s separate? Thanks!
I think so because the Q&A sessions I attended were only with admins from the 1 campus. They also discussed some campus specific topics as well as general information but they never mentioned the other campus

Did they talk about APS and alternate list movement?
I think so because the Q&A sessions I attended were only with admins from the 1 campus. They also discussed some campus specific topics as well as general information but they never mentioned the other campus

Question, wanna make sure once we are accepted via the APS method, we don't have to press any accepted tab on the myvista, we are by default accepted in the APS way

Did they talk about APS and alternate list movement?
They didn’t talk about the waitlist but did talk about APS. It’s an acceptance but they will not let you know if you will be starting in the July 2021 or July 2022 class until all the deposits are collected in the spring. When APS students are notified of their start date for July 2021 they are required to pay the full deposit to hold the spot. They said if anyone prefers to defer until 2022 they can email admissions to let them know & they are guaranteed a spot there. They also said they are not sure if the fall semester (July 2021) will be online or in person & they may not be able to have any tours of the campus this year, even if they do start in person.
This was not discussed but the governor of CO said last month that the state will remain shut down until at least July & then he will reevaluate. What that means for us is that the school may not know until just before orientation if they can open for in person learning or not. That may be tough for anyone moving from another state.
I highly recommend you attend an online admin session for your campus. You can ask all the questions you want

Can any current students talk about curriculum, clinical rotation sites, living in parker/denver etc? Sample schedule for the semester? Thanks in advance :)

If I haven’t received a secondary yet, does that mean I was rejected? 😔

Does an increasing class size mean interview invites will be sent? Or is it just for APS movement (if any one of you know, I would appreciate). I was completed mid-December and haven't heard back.