2020-2021 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM-Utah)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Interview feedback:

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  1. If not currently in school, what have you been doing since you were a full-time student?
  2. Were you employed during the regular school year (excluding summers) while in undergraduate school? If so, please state number of hours worked per week and type of work.
  3. Why do you want to become an Osteopathic Physician?
  4. Why do you want to attend RVUCOM?
  5. What unique characteristics, abilities, or skills will you bring to RVUCOM and the Osteopathic Profession?
How are you guys writing out question 2? I'm assuming it is just a basic job description?

1. If not currently in school, what have you been doing since you were a full-time student?
  2. Were you employed during the regular school year (excluding summers) while in undergraduate school? If so, please state number of hours worked per week and type of work.
  3. Why do you want to become an Osteopathic Physician?
  4. Why do you want to attend RVUCOM?
  5. What unique characteristics, abilities, or skills will you bring to RVUCOM and the Osteopathic Profession?
How are you guys writing out question 2? I'm assuming it is just a basic job description?
I wrote a basic list of my jobs and some clarifications. I don't think it's meant to be a long answered one.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wrote a basic list of my jobs and some clarifications. I don't think it's meant to be a long answered one.
I was thinking the same but wanted the confirmation. Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
Current student starting 4th year. Let me know if you have specific questions. Good luck this year!

How do submit my LOR to this school ? I've it on Interfolio, but looks like they don't accept that.

what is average commute to campus?

also where do clinical years usually take place?

Most people live within 10 min. There is on campus housing available. Many people rent houses or townhouses that are within a few miles from campus. Everything is pretty quick to get to down here. I don't know of anyone that had 30+ min drive.

For Clinical years you will be put in a region. For example I'm in Southern Utah so most of my rotations are at IHC clinics in St George. Other main regions are in Salt Lake, Ogden, Utah County. So the majority of people will move before 3rd year in order to rotate in their region.

Last edited:
is everyone filling out the entire 10000 character count for the supplemental essays? seems like an insane amount

Current student starting 4th year. Let me know if you have specific questions. Good luck this year!
If you or any other current students have any experience with the Academic Medicine and Leadership track I'd love to hear about it! What do you like/dislike about it, how much work is it on top of the standard curriculum, how do you see it benefiting you in your career as a physician, etc.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone. I applied in December last cycle and got accepted pending space (APS). I ended up not getting a spot in class of 2024 and am now in the class of 2025. I got my official letter of acceptance 7/28/20. I'm looking forward to meeting a lot of you as classmates in July 2021. Application and interview are pretty fresh in my head. Feel free to ask me questions. Best of luck.

Reactions: 4 users
Hey everyone. I applied in December last cycle and got accepted pending space (APS). I ended up not getting a spot in class of 2024 and am now in the class of 2025. I got my official letter of acceptance 7/28/20. I'm looking forward to meeting a lot of you as classmates in July 2021. Application and interview are pretty fresh in my head. Feel free to ask me questions. Best of luck.
Congrats! That’s awesome haha.

Has anyone heard back after submitting their secondary?

I believe Rocky Vista is one of the schools whose secondary is “embedded” in their primary application. As in you answer their supplemental questions when you fill out the primary. If you pass their minimum requirements, they move you forward subject to paying a fee.

I submitted just prior to July 4th and received notification that I passed their minimums on 7/27. I assume my application is complete and that I am waiting (hopefully) for an interview.

Hope this helps.

I believe Rocky Vista is one of the schools whose secondary is “embedded” in their primary application. As in you answer their supplemental questions when you fill out the primary. If you pass their minimum requirements, they move you forward subject to paying a fee.

I submitted just prior to July 4th and received notification that I passed their minimums on 7/27. I assume my application is complete and that I am waiting (hopefully) for an interview.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for this info! Had you already taken your MCAT?

Just received an II now! Submitted 7/1,

Reactions: 1 users
I don't see an email from them marking me complete or anything on my portal telling me the date. It must have been a day or two after, I would guess.

Wait, is RVUCOM sending IIs without MCAT scores in? I want to know if they're using my old MCAT score to complete my file or treating my app as if I dont have a MCAT score on file (bc Im retaking it 8/29)

Last edited:
Got an interview invite a couple days ago. Super stoked!

Reactions: 2 users
OMG SAME! Submitted primary 6/19 and paid on 7/1. I was complete some time after (maybe 7/10ish)

It only took 9 days to be complete? I paid 7/1 as well and am still not marked complete...

(Definitely didn't post this in the colorado thread by accident) II today! Definitely one of my top choices. I didn't have my Casper scores in until 7/30.

Anyone else just realize there is another DO school in Utah? Noorda COM in Provo is now accepting primary applications.

I'd rather die than live in Provo.

Jokes aside, that's pretty rad. Although, I don't believe they're accredited yet. Anddd...I looked at their curriculum and all of their classes are pre-recorded lectures. Not due to COVID but that's just how they'll be.

I hope this didn’t need to be said lol
Unfortunately, it does. There are a few newer schools that have 2-3 years' worth of students in them but are still not accredited (eg ICOM isn't set to be accredited until 2022).

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone do an interview for RVUCOM UTAH? Please lmk how it went! Mine is tomorrow and I had 0 time to prepare lol also, do you just show up to your interview or is there a welcome open house thing?

Did anyone do an interview for RVUCOM UTAH? Please lmk how it went! Mine is tomorrow and I had 0 time to prepare lol also, do you just show up to your interview or is there a welcome open house thing?
I assume it's similar to the CO one. But there's a website you're sent with all the info. It's on your portal. Check that, watch the videos, then try to figure out who your interviewers are. Afaik, you'll join with the Zoom link, do it, then do the post-interview videos on the interview website (also on your portal). Mines tomorrow for CO.

I assume it's similar to the CO one. But there's a website you're sent with all the info. It's on your portal. Check that, watch the videos, then try to figure out who your interviewers are. Afaik, you'll join with the Zoom link, do it, then do the post-interview videos on the interview website (also on your portal). Mines tomorrow for CO.
Sweet, thanks! Yeah, I watched all the pre interview vids so I think im all set then! Good luck tomorrow!

I still haven’t been marked complete... verified with LORs, MCAT, and CASPER 5/31, submitted 6/20, received portal and paid 7/1. I have emailed admissions twice and called and talked to them. Each time they told me I should be complete soon but it’s been 1.5 months... not really sure what to do at this point

What's the point of inputting our recommenders information again in their primary app??? Does it email them again?

I did my interview on Wednesday. I think it went well, but I don't know what their metrics are so...

File just got marked as complete yesterday, hope to hear back soon.

Anyone attend the Q&A’s today? Anything interesting worth sharing?