2020-2021 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Placed on HPWL, interviewed 2/6

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How long does it take them to make a decision
I was interview 2/27

How long does it take them to make a decision
I was interview 2/27
Make sure to check your portal as well as look for a call. I never got a call... I just got a document uploaded to the “uploaded files” tab on my portal. I then received the HPWL email about 4-5 days later. :)

Hi all, I was wondering for those who have been accepted so far, if they have sent financial aid packages? I keep getting emails from the office itself, but I am very confused.

Does anyone know how in state tuition can work for someone who is coming from out of state? Are we able to pay in state after the first year or are we always charged the out of state tuition for all 4 years?

Does anyone know how in state tuition can work for someone who is coming from out of state? Are we able to pay in state after the first year or are we always charged the out of state tuition for all 4 years?
all 4 years sadly

Members don't see this ad :)
if any accepted or waitlisted student withdraws their seat it would be just swell if you could let us know 😇

How long did it take the admission office to send a decision post interview
I was interviewed on 2/27

I was accepted today. I interviewed twice: 2/9 and 3/5.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
what?!!!! pls explain but also congrats
Apparently my first interview wasn't good enough, I guess? They said they wanted another interview to double check if I was good for the school LOL. I was expecting a waitlist because my second interview (group interview) the interviewer said the seats were already filled.

Reactions: 3 users
Do a lot of other people interview twice here? I've never heard of that happening before...

ya'll out here getting 2 interviews and i cant even get 1. this life aint easy forrealllll
Do a lot of other people interview twice here? I've never heard of that happening before...
I think I'm a special case. My stats were wonky (501, 3.92), but I had a really good essay (the interviewer specifically complimented mine). Don't worry -- 2 interviews instead of 1 is a bad thing LOL

I think I'm a special case. My stats were wonky (501, 3.92), but I had a really good essay (the interviewer specifically complimented mine). Don't worry -- 2 interviews instead of 1 is a bad thing LOL
That is very interesting, I don't think I have ever heard of a school interviewing someone twice

wow thats awesome! is Rowan your top choice/are you planning on attending??

Apparently my first interview wasn't good enough, I guess? They said they wanted another interview to double check if I was good for the school LOL. I was expecting a waitlist because my second interview (group interview) the interviewer said the seats were already filled.
Wow than it must have really worked out for you, congrats!

Quick question
Should I upload my criminal history to the application in order to recieve a decision about my interview
I was interviewed two weeks ago and with no response

Quick question
Should I upload my criminal history to the application in order to recieve a decision about my interview
I was interviewed two weeks ago and with no response
No. I did not and received a decision after my interview. If it makes you feel any better, I did not hear back about a decision until about five weeks after my interview. I know it sucks, but hang in there!

i'm really confused why they havent started taking people off the HPWL...last year they started taking people off at the end of jan...

i'm really confused why they havent started taking people off the HPWL...last year they started taking people off at the end of jan...
This cycle is much more delayed due to the pandemic, other schools are still interviewing! Also they mentioned they received so many more applications this year

I got the call today. I made the HPWL. For anyone else who made it, do you feel confident in getting an acceptance in the coming months?

Reactions: 1 users
I got the call today. I made the HPWL. For anyone else who made it, do you feel confident in getting an acceptance in the coming months?
Same here! Over the phone my interviewer was incredibly positive about it and essentially said it was just a matter of time.

Same here! Over the phone my interviewer was incredibly positive about it and essentially said it was just a matter of time.
That was my impression. It's been a long cycle and I just don't want to get my hopes up.

Nothing yet for me 😭😭😭😭
Interviewed 2/27
OOS Mcat 508 gpa 3.65
Science gpa 3.75

Is it possible to ask my ranking on the HPWL if I call the admission office?

got an II this Friday scheduled for 3/29! Any tips/advice on the interview?

Reactions: 7 users
I'm seeing a lot of HPWL posts but not a ton of alternate posts. What exactly is the difference between the two?

I'm seeing a lot of HPWL posts but not a ton of alternate posts. What exactly is the difference between the two?
I think it is just a hierarchical way to separate applicants. Once there's more movement from the accepted student's list, they'll start to pull from the waitlists in a certain order.

they pull from HPWL first and will go through all HPWL before pulling from the regular waitlist

Accepted Students, is there a FB group or GroupMe? Also I can't figure out how to sign into the student health portal for the life of me

is there a match list for this year?
During accepted students day the dean said they had a higher than national average match, but not 100% this year. They might wait until those who are re-applying get their results back

Reactions: 1 users