2020-2021 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone on the HPWL have a letter uploaded recently saying that if they don't get in this year, they are guaranteed a spot for next year? I received this letter, but am unsure of how to take it. Feeling anxious about not getting in this year :/

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Anyone on the HPWL have a letter uploaded recently saying that if they don't get in this year, they are guaranteed a spot for next year? I received this letter, but am unsure of how to take it. Feeling anxious that about not getting in this year :/
I didn't see that on my applicant portal

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 3/18, HPWL on 3/19
damn haha this doesn't help then because I interviewed 1/18 and got put on HPWL 2/22. Thought maybe they were placing people on HPWL based on the interview date but now I am not sure. Not sure why some people got the letter and others didn't. Maybe they are uploading them in waves

Anyone on the HPWL have a letter uploaded recently saying that if they don't get in this year, they are guaranteed a spot for next year? I received this letter, but am unsure of how to take it. Feeling anxious about not getting in this year :/
Yup! I interviewed 2/18, placed on HPWL 3/8

Reactions: 1 user
When did you interview/when did you get placed on HPWL? I'm trying to figure out if this means those who got the letter are towards bottom of list haha.
Think it means they’re higher on the list since they’re guaranteed a spot next year, they record the automatic acceptance in July 2021 only when they know there’s no more spots left

out of curiosity can anybody please let me know if they've been interviewed here at rowansom with <= 125 in one or both of the science MCAT sections? thanks for any insight.

out of curiosity can anybody please let me know if they've been interviewed here at rowansom with <= 125 in one or both of the science MCAT sections? thanks for any insight.
I got a 125 on my chem/phs section and was accepted

Was placed on alternate WL and feeling pretty bummed about it. Also, how inappropriate is it for the interviewer to ask if you've been accepted to any other schools before even starting the interview?

During the orientation I remember them saying that if you're placed on HPWL then there's a good chance you'll get a seat.. my interviewer reiterated that too.

found it. I got Accepted. I have to decline it. Good Luck Guys.
thank you for letting us know! if you don't mind sharing, were you on the HPWL or the alternate list? if so, when did you interview? thank you so much again1

Got this same letter. Interviewed sometime in late Feb and placed on HPWL on 3/8

Emailed admissions to see if they could tell me where I am on the HPWL or what my chances of getting accepted this year were. They basically said I have a good chance of getting in, but to check back in with admissions in May if I don't hear anything by then.

What's another month of painful waiting???

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Did you receive the guarantee letter on your portal before your acceptance?
Yes, I received an email about an update yesterday. On the portal, the guarantee letter was marked uploaded on 3/26.

withdrawing my A good luck to everyone and all the deserving people on the WL !

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
125/127/124/125 and I interviewed twice probably because my MCAT was weak LOL

Withdrew my A, goodluck to everyone else waiting. don't give up!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Withdrew my A, goodluck to everyone else waiting. don't give up!!!!
Got a phone call right after you posted this with an A off the HPWL, but will likely be attending elsewhere. I hope it goes to someone on here, good luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
I had a virtual meeting with one of the admissions committee members about how being put on the HPWL may influence an early decision for the next cycle and according to her everyone who is on the HPWL will be offered a seat for next year. They will not have to reapply or reinterview! She said as of today they have gone through 15% of the HPWL.

Reactions: 3 users
I had a virtual meeting with one of the admissions committee members about how being put on the HPWL may influence an early decision for the next cycle and according to her everyone who is on the HPWL will be offered a seat for next year. They will not have to reapply or reinterview! She said as of today they have gone through 15% of the HPWL.
That's great to hear!

Has anyone heard back after interviewing on 3/4 or am I just waiting for a rejection at this point?

i dont get why they cant at least hit us with the pre II R by now..

Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone know if they are still conducting interviews?

Hello Peeps! I got the sudden urge to come on here and comment! This is your April reminder that YOU WILL END UP WHERE YOU ARE MEANT TO BE! You will be a doctor. Trust your path! I'm an M1 at RowanSOM! Last cycle I was on the waitlist for a long time!! You can go back to last year's thread and track my journey haha!! It will answer any questions you have for me about MCAT scores/GPA/Interview days etc. You can even see that I was one of the first few to comment on this thread for the cycle all you guys are in because I had no idea what the future was to hold for me! I was accepted to RowanSOM a week before school started submitted apps already for my 3rd cycle and it happened. Trust me all this pre med pain will be in the past. It is just a process it does not determine your life. You will barely remember it. I could not be happier where I am! Trust your journey! ❤️

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 13 users