2020-2021 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just for record keeping + our knowledge:

Like this post if you're still on the ALTERNATE list

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 9 users
I am an accepted student and I already put down a deposit. However, I just got accepted to another school that I prefer.
Do I email admissions to let them know that I am withdrawing my acceptance? I just dont know if there is a proper way of doing this or a section on the portal to easily withdraw.

I hope my spot goes to one of you!
I just emailed to withdraw. Got a super nice response back from the Dean. Kind of made me wish I didn't get into the other school haha.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
200.gif

We like the movement, movement!

Reactions: 1 user
Also on HPWL. Anyone have any idea how many people are on the list. I have another DO deposit put down but RowanSOM is my #1.

no idea, but I suspect they were finalizing the HPWL + alternate lists today since the adcom met! I believe last year it was ~100 ppl
Also on HPWL. Anyone have any idea how many people are on the list. I have another DO deposit put down but RowanSOM is my #1.

i'm currently an accepted student and I'm waiting to hear back from my top choice school where I'm in #5 on a WL, will be withdrawing, hopefully soon y'all

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
i'm currently an accepted student and I'm waiting to hear back from my top choice school where I'm in #5 on a WL, will be withdrawing, hopefully soon y'all
thank you for letting us know! I hope you get accepted to your top choice soon!

do you know from the FB group/group me if there are more students in a similar position as you?

thank you for letting us know! I hope you get accepted to your top choice soon!

do you know from the FB group/group me if there are more students in a similar position as you?
frankly, i'm not in those groups yet, so I'm not sure. But may 15th for DOs is a huge day. don't lose hope!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got an II yday and did my interview today! There’s still hope!

Reactions: 2 users
I am an accepted student and I already put down a deposit. However, I just got accepted to another school that I prefer.
Do I email admissions to let them know that I am withdrawing my acceptance? I just dont know if there is a proper way of doing this or a section on the portal to easily withdraw.

I hope my spot goes to one of you!
The school got my email. Good luck everyone! I know this is a waiting game but hopefully an A goes to one of you soon.

Rowan really out here clownin' us with interviews ending THIS week......who interviews up until mid-May!??!?

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Would it be possible to defer a HPWL for next year? It's so late in the cycle, I put my alternate plans into effect and lined up a job as a research tech. I don't know if I'm ready to go in yet and I don't want to wait until the last minute to get an A.

Would it be possible to defer a HPWL for next year? It's so late in the cycle, I put my alternate plans into effect and lined up a job as a research tech. I don't know if I'm ready to go in yet and I don't want to wait until the last minute to get an A.
you can definitely email dean watkins and let her know! i'm sure people in the past have done something similar...

I think the likelihood of getting off of the HPWL is pretty good. There should be some movement this week with the May 15th AACOM deadline passing and people needing to hold only one DO acceptance or risk having offers rescinded.

I think in general deferments are case-by-case at most schools when you have an acceptance, not sure if it would work with a waitlist. If you can hold out, I'm sure your alternate plans will understand the situation when you tell them you got into medical school! A lot can change in a year. You know yourself and your situation best but you've gotten this far. The medical school admission's game sucks but it aint over til its over.

All students on the HPWL are offered deferred ACCEPTANCE next year.

Has anyone heard of any movement yet. Since the may 15th deadline there should have been lot of drops? Any update?

Has anyone heard of any movement yet. Since the may 15th deadline there should have been lot of drops? Any update?
I don’t know but if someone could call admissions and let us know that would be swell!!!!!! I keep getting the voicemail

From looking at the previous year thread most acceptances happened after May 20
Like two people get the A on May 23 and 24after May 15

anyone know if the pre-matriculation program is required? I know its highly recommended for non-trad but is it required?

anyone know if the pre-matriculation program is required? I know its highly recommended for non-trad but is it required?
unless in your acceptance letter/following correspondence they mentioned you were required to do it, its not required. i've heard its helpful though :)

It has been almost a week since the may 15 deadline. I have not been able to get any update, does anyone have any news of any sort of movement? The fact that interviews continued till last friday the 14th even though the new cycle started has me nervous and confused.

It has been almost a week since the may 15 deadline. I have not been able to get any update, does anyone have any news of any sort of movement? The fact that interviews continued till last friday the 14th even though the new cycle started has me nervous and confused.
I emailed them last week. They just said there’s been some movement on the HPWL and it’s hard to tell how far down the list they will go...

Is the HPWL ranked?
Everyone waitlisted is given a rating which is a point system...so I think there are tiers of those points. Not sure 100% of how many tiers, what the rating is based off of though...

Is the HPWL really 100 people? That‘s alot of movement that has to happen between now and start of classes. I can’t imagine that they would have that many deferred acceptances. That’s almost half the class size.

Last edited:
Is it just me is or is this HPWL turning into a deferred acceptance...

does this mean there is some hope for us on the alternate list???

does this mean there is some hope for us on the alternate list???

What they wrote me:

Dear Respected Applicant,
I am writing to inform you of your current status as an applicant to Rowan University – School of Osteopathic Medicine. The Admissions Committee meets each month to review applicants. Applicants are presented, discussed, and action is taken regarding the candidacy of each applicant at the meeting.
The Admissions Committee has placed your application on the Alternate List.

When I wrote back they wrote me this;

Good Morning ,

Thank you for your email confirming your contact information for the wait list.

Thank you for your continued interest in Rowan SOM!

Assuming waitlist = alternate list?

What they wrote me:

When I wrote back they wrote me this;

Assuming waitlist = alternate list?
Yes I think so because the original message said alternate list. Did they upload a letter to your portal with your position? That should say alternate list too.

If you don't mind me asking, when were you placed on the alternate list?

Yes I think so because the original message said alternate list. Did they upload a letter to your portal with your position? That should say alternate list too.

If you don't mind me asking, when were you placed on the alternate list?
May 12th

got it! thanks for sharing. I would definitely check your portal to double check :)
Can someone please confirm where on the portal the status is posted? I was placed on the HPWL a few ago by email but don’t see anything in the portal. Thanks

I was under the impression that HPWL students were given acceptances first. Is this incorrect?

• Hmm
Folks on the alternate list-just wanted to give you an update...I had a meeting with Dean Watkins just now, and she said the chances they will get to the alternate list this year is low because the have interviewed more ppl and put more ppl on the HPWL.

Not sure how ppl are being accepted off the alternate list she wouldn't tell me that...but yeah, just thought i'd let ya'll know!