2020-2021 Rutgers (New Jersey)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Okay well Dr. Heinrich said somewhere between 20k-27k and he said it was for instate. If you don’t believe that’s your choice but I’m just relaying what I was told.
maybe it's that the aid itself is 20-27k? so you'd go from ~67k OOS to ~43k IS. congrats!

Okay well Dr. Heinrich said somewhere between 20k-27k and he said it was for instate. If you don’t believe that’s your choice but I’m just relaying what I was told.
I think he meant that by letting you pay instate tuition you would save 20-27k compared to paying OOS rate.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I think he meant that by letting you pay instate tuition you would save 20-27k compared to paying OOS rate.
probably! He said I would be awarded instate tuition so I would have to pay about ~2#k (I don’t remember the exact number I just wrote down about 20k) when we were on the phone. I’m not sure if there was anything else added in there (scholarship or finaid) that he didn’t mention.

Interviewed late Nov and haven't heard back for a post ii decision. Is this normal?

• Care
Anyone know what the chances are for alternates to be accepted?

Priority alternate list, interviewed in late Jan

• Care
Just got placed on the alternate list :cryi:

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone know what the chances are for alternates to be accepted?
I looked at last years thread and it seems there is almost no movement for alternates. Can someone else confirm this?

Members don't see this ad :)
I looked at last years thread and it seems there is almost no movement for alternates. Can someone else confirm this?
This year is so different it might get some movement but typically there is only a little movement on the priority alternate list.

Priority alt list this morning, interviewed early Jan, OOS (will be withdrawing this position bc have instate acceptance elsewhere). Good luck to everyone and I hope there is good alt list movement this year!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
I think this school is notorious for not responding on time post-interview. I don't think it means anything good or bad (Dec interviewee). However, I do believe there are few spots left, and they might have really over accepted already idk.

I think this school is notorious for not responding on time post-interview. I don't think it means anything good or bad (Dec interviewee). However, I do believe there are few spots left, and they might have really over accepted already idk.
Why would they have sent out a batch of interview invites last week if they “over accepted?”

Reactions: 3 users
Why would they have sent out a batch of interview invites last week if they “over accepted?”
So I think NJMS typically accepts 400-500 people for a class of 180. So maybe they are waiting before they make any acceptances to see if people rescind their offers?

Aww was hoping to get an interview from here 😢. I think the interview season is over.

Aww was hoping to get an interview from here 😢. I think the interview season is over.

You might be correct, but who knows if the same timeline is being followed. Be positive! you got this :thumbup: NJMS's important days for 2020 are below:

AMCAS Application AvailableMay 4
NJMS Secondary Application AvailableJuly 10
Early Decision Interviews beginJuly 13
Early Decision Acceptances beginJuly 23
Regular Decision Interviews beginAugust 2020
AMCAS Application DeadlineDecember 1
Secondary Application DeadlineDecember 15
Letters of Recommendation Deadline December 15
Alternate List ReviewJune 1

Reactions: 1 users
when would orientation be? / when would the prematriculation program be, if there is one ?

Has anyone gotten an II in the past 2 weeks? It has been radio silence for me since submitting my secondary.

Reactions: 5 users
Seems like no one has heard back with an acceptance for 2+ weeks?

Does anyone know if they send out pre-II Rs? I apologize if this was asked earlier in the thread I didn't see it.

Has anyone emailed admissions about not hearing for awhile?
Does anyone know if they send out pre-II Rs? I apologize if this was asked earlier in the thread I didn't see it.
And on this, I think they wait until they have sent out all their interviews, not sure though.

Has anyone emailed admissions about not hearing for awhile?

And on this, I think they wait until they have sent out all their interviews, not sure though.
I've emailed them about not hearing anything (especially because i'm IS) and they just said my application is completed and is in the screening process "waiting to be screened by the committee." And also that this status will remain until a decision has been made. Unclear whether that means they haven't looked at my application at all yet or what. Pretty upsetting really.

• Care
Would you mind telling us the available dates?? Thanks in advance!
I just saw one date in late March, but there may have been more in April! It won't let me view the dates now that mine is scheduled

II today. OOS but ties. LM 74. Several different days and times throughout March still available. Didn’t look at April

• Love
Placed on a Priority Alternate List, Interview mid-late January.

• Care
I interviewed early Jan and still haven’t heard anything. I also sent an update/LOI mid Feb. Is it worth emailing them or should I just keep waiting?

I interviewed early Jan and still haven’t heard anything. I also sent an update/LOI mid Feb. Is it worth emailing them or should I just keep waiting?
If it has been more than 9 weeks, I would.

Priority WL, interviewed 2/16. Doesn't make sense to me that I heard back and some people from December still didn't.

is anyone deciding between the two rutgers and want to share how you are deciding?

for those still waiting... i interviewed early November (I'm in state) and still haven't heard back if that makes anybody feel better. I've also sent two updates

• Care
for those still waiting... i interviewed early November (I'm in state) and still haven't heard back if that makes anybody feel better. I've also sent two updates
I hope you're joking. Because that's pretty ridiculous

Have you emailed Dean Heinrich or anyone else in admissions?

unfortunately, it's not a joke and yeah I did email dean heinrich reiterating my interest and all of that good stuff :/

unfortunately, it's not a joke and yeah I did email dean heinrich reiterating my interest and all of that good stuff :/
Sorry to hear that :/ did you send updates via the portal or directly to Heinrich? I only uploaded mine on the portal and now I'm thinking I should reach out directly by email...