2020-2021 Rutgers (New Jersey)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Withdrew from priority WL this week because of traffic rules for my PTE school. Oh well. Good luck everyone, may you hear back before mid-June...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I've seen in threads from several, several years ago that NJMS had a humanism scholarship that was full tuition. Is this still the case? Does NJMS also have any other full tuition/ride scholarships? What are the profiles (GPA/MCAT) of students who get these?

Did any accepted students see in the technical standards that we aren't allowed to have iPads/tablets? Is this referring to a tablet as the main device? I use an iPad as my notebook so I was wondering if this was forbidden for some reason to use in class.

Hey all - was bored waiting between cases today (I’m now a GI attending but NJMS class of ‘13) - probably cant add too much about curriculum etc given its been over a decade since I enrolled, but what I can say is if you’re on the waitlist and you want to go to NJMS - LET THEM KNOW! I got in off the waitlist and Dr Heinrich let me know that a good part of why I got in off the waitlist (and very early for waitlist movement) was that I had repeatedly made clear I was very interested in going to NJMS and continued to show interest throughout the cycle (my interview was late sept/early October). So yeah, I know what a lot of you are feeling right now but keep your chins up! Good luck to all (and to anyone calling it a “mid-tier” I can promise you’ll come out with clinical skills second to none)

Reactions: 5 users
Hey all - was bored waiting between cases today (I’m now a GI attending but NJMS class of ‘13) - probably cant add too much about curriculum etc given its been over a decade since I enrolled, but what I can say is if you’re on the waitlist and you want to go to NJMS - LET THEM KNOW! I got in off the waitlist and Dr Heinrich let me know that a good part of why I got in off the waitlist (and very early for waitlist movement) was that I had repeatedly made clear I was very interested in going to NJMS and continued to show interest throughout the cycle (my interview was late sept/early October). So yeah, I know what a lot of you are feeling right now but keep your chins up! Good luck to all (and to anyone calling it a “mid-tier” I can promise you’ll come out with clinical skills second to none)
Thanks for this! When did you get off the waitlist?

Anyone who’s accepted to RWJ but wants to go to NJMS? PM Me

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for this! When did you get off the waitlist?
I got off the waitlist probably right around now - I think 5/19? It was the first day of the waitlist moving

I got off the waitlist probably right around now - I think 5/19? It was the first day of the waitlist moving
Let’s hope that the waitlist moves in general this year!

Reactions: 2 users
Just got the post-WL R. Interviewed January, placed on normal WL in February. Good luck to everyone else!

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Bruh . . . This is a joke.
Yeah... Not to be salty about the R and I'm sure it's a great school, but I was really put off by NJMS's whole admissions/interview process. Thankfully I'll be going to a different NJ school that had a much more straightforward and considerate process lol.

They must have enough people on the priority waitlist that they don’t need their regular waitlist. I doubt they have had any movement this year so far.

Kind of have the feeling that there is going to be no movement here.

• Sad
Has anyone else been rejected from the waitlist?

Reactions: 3 users
That's good to know! My current uni has a partnered Ph.D. program with another medical school and my advisor told me that our Ph.D. committee is separate they won't start the process until all Ph.D. applications have come in. It sounds like Rutgers has a similar process.
Hey @packratlabrat , I know it's been a couple months; have you heard anything about the PhD part of the M.D./PhD yet?

6/1 it is! The first possible day for them to look at waitlist as per website!
Finger crossed and good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Spoke to Dr. Heinrich last week, told me that literally no movement has occurred.

Spoke to Dr. Heinrich last week, told me that literally no movement has occurred.
Because they just haven't started yet? Or because the class is full and there isn't going to be any movement?

Because they just haven't started yet? Or because the class is full and there isn't going to be any movement?
I dont know but I assume the class is full and they haven't started yet...Closer to other PTE dates we can start to see very minimal movement here.

There's hope but not much lol

I dont know but I assume the class is full and they haven't started yet...Closer to other PTE dates we can start to see very minimal movement here.

There's hope but not much lol
What are the other dates?

Is there a groupme for NJMS class of 2025?

Reactions: 1 user
I'll be surprised if there's any movement this year/if we hear of any movement.
Damn that's sad...How did you come to this conclusion? Is it based on past years' experience?

Damn that's sad...How did you come to this conclusion? Is it based on past years' experience?
Probably because it's already June 16, nobody has reported WL movement (even off the High Priority List,) and Dr. Heinrich has confirmed no movement so far. I think the only possible way we see some movement of the WL is if they are just super super behind and haven't started working on their WL movement, but I doubt that is likely. They probably filled their class and didn't have many people drop. I hope I'm wrong though!!

There has been movement just unreported. I was recently accepted here and joined the GroupMe which showed potentially two other individuals get in from waitlist( but unconfirmed).

Reactions: 5 users
There has been movement just unreported. I was recently accepted here and joined the GroupMe which showed potentially two other individuals get in from waitlist( but unconfirmed).
Wow! Congrats! Do you mind sharing if you are IS or OOS?

Congrats!

congrats!! was this in the past week or so?

What date do you think it would be smart to write off NJMS completely? I'm thinking July 15th? IDK

If I commit to enroll in another school, does that mean that I can't remain on the waitlist anymore at Njms?

If I commit to enroll in another school, does that mean that I can't remain on the waitlist anymore at Njms?

pretty much , but it’s dependent on the schools you’re waitlisted on itself. For example, I committed to NJMS and was automatically removed from a NY school’s waitlist without even informing them.

pretty much , but it’s dependent on the schools you’re waitlisted on itself. For example, I committed to NJMS and was automatically removed from a NY school’s waitlist without even informing them.
When is the deadline for CTE for NJMS if you don't mind me asking?

That's exactly what it's supposed to mean. And, as @ecuacor mentioned, if NJMS is playing by the rules (and most schools do), they will never call you off their WL if you are CTE elsewhere.

CTE is the mechanism schools use to lock in their classes. Poaching will create chaos for the schools. As a result, they have pretty much honored it since it was first implemented in 2019. There are plenty of people on everyone's WLs who are not committed elsewhere to make calling people who are CTE elsewhere unnecessary.

The exception is schools outside AMCAS, like AACOMAS. (TMDSAS schools also have access to the CYMS tool!) Other than schools like AACOMAS, or Caribbean, you should absolutely consider a CTE selection to be final and irrevocable.

Last edited: