2020-2021 Rutgers (Robert Wood Johnson)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone have any info on if the class is overbooked or what WL movement might look like this year compared to last year?
wondering the same thing, lack of movement is killing me already

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
They have this every year. It’s like “high alternate priority list in the rank of the highest priority”. It’s a subset of the HPWL that gets pulled off first.
Just curious do you know how many people end up in highest priority on the HPWL?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just wanna be able to tell my family and friends where I’m going already, instead of saying I’m waiting for the last year 😫 this waitlist is killing me

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I don’t think you will know until the commit to enroll date for RWJMS. Right now I was told that they’re still getting through the accepted students list - So they haven’t even gone near the HPWL or highest priority HPWL yet.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
I don’t think you will know until the commit to enroll date for RWJMS. Right now I was told that they’re still getting through the accepted students list - So they haven’t even gone near the HPWL or highest priority HPWL yet.
so does that mean they're waiting to see who is committing to the school? even after the 4/30 date?

so does that mean they're waiting to see who is committing to the school? even after the 4/30 date?
I don’t know if that’s their plan but I believe the commit to enroll date is in July — and even then acceptances can still be offered through the first day of school which I think is in August.
What I am saying is I was just told that even after Apr 30 they still have a lot of students who have RWJMS listed as their primary acceptance so it is logical to assume that between now and the CTE date, we might not see any large waves of acceptances from any of the lists... it may be a trickle if anything. That’s my guess. I think the highest priority list might be the only list that has a a chance at this time but they haven’t started looking at any WL yet as far as I know.

I don’t know if that’s their plan but I believe the commit to enroll date is in July — and even then acceptances can still be offered through the first day of school which I think is in August.
What I am saying is I was just told that even after Apr 30 they still have a lot of students who have RWJMS listed as their primary acceptance so it is logical to assume that between now and the CTE date, we might not see any large waves of acceptances from any of the lists... it may be a trickle if anything. That’s my guess. I think the highest priority list might be the only list that has a a chance at this time but they haven’t started looking at any WL yet as far as I know.
CTE date is June 28 and first day of classes is in late July.

I withdrew my acceptance here a few days ago because I got off a waitlist elsewhere. I hope the spot goes to one of you!

Reactions: 4 users
Are there any current students at RWJ who would be willing to answer some of my questions about the school?

CTE date is June 28 and first day of classes is in late July.

I withdrew my acceptance here a few days ago because I got off a waitlist elsewhere. I hope the spot goes to one of you!
Right sorry about that! I was looking it up from last year - apparently it was different.
Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
I think that means that the class is full/overbooked as of now. There has to be enough people getting accepted to and choosing their other waitlists in order for seats to open up. Similar thing happened last year with only a few ppl in the highest rank getting off :/

Are there any current students at RWJ who would be willing to answer some of my questions about the school?
I can try but if it has to do with the new curriculum I likely know less than you do

Does anyone know the number to call for admissions? I’ve been calling 732-235-4577 to get an update but no one answers.

Just a heads up for anyone wondering, RWJMS gives interviews to their master's students and has a certain number of held seats for them. They probably won't go into the waitlist until all the interviews are done and decisions are made. You should start seeing some movement towards the end of the month. Hope that helps ease some of your anxiety.

• Okay...
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
Hey has anyone on the RWJMS waitlist heard about movement? I'm on the High Priority Waitlist and haven't heard anything yet

Just a heads up for anyone wondering, RWJMS gives interviews to their master's students and has a certain number of held seats for them. They probably won't go into the waitlist until all the interviews are done and decisions are made. You should start seeing some movement towards the end of the month. Hope that helps ease some of your anxiety.
Thank you so much! This helps a lot

I'm still shaking, but I was just accepted 30 mins ago! I hope to see you all there! I want to give you all hope that there's movement on HPWL! Best of luck!

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats! Were you on the "highest" priority waitlist or just the "high" priority waitlist?

I'm still shaking, but I was just accepted 30 mins ago! I hope to see you all there! I want to give you all hope that there's movement on HPWL! Best of luck!
Congrats!! See you in July!

Are there any full tuition / ride merit scholarships at RWJ? What are the GPA/MCATs or student profiles of students who receive these scholarships?

How are the HPWL people feeling right now? Is it just me, or has there been very little movement?

How are the HPWL people feeling right now? Is it just me, or has there been very little movement?
Yeah, I expected that there would be much more movement on the HPWL by this point. But perhaps they wanted to wait until after the MBS interviews (which ended last Thursday), since they were busy with those. So I'm really hoping to hear back this week or next (Dr. Copeland told me that they take people from the HPWL up until mid-June).

Anyone know how many are on the HPWL? Is their class still overbooked?

Anyone know how many are on the HPWL? Is their class still overbooked?
So I’m top 10, and last I heard from Copeland only 1 spot “opened up”. She said she expects movement through end of first week of June

Reactions: 2 users
i got into 1 medical school so far and i have to CTE at that school by june 1st and I really want to go to rwjms , so like what am I supposed to do??

i got into 1 medical school so far and i have to CTE at that school by june 1st and I really want to go to rwjms , so like what am I supposed to do??
I would move forward with housing and such with that school, I’m doing the same for the school I’m accepted to. We can always switch gears if necessary but until we get the call we can’t assume anything :(

I would move forward with housing and such with that school, I’m doing the same for the school I’m accepted to. We can always switch gears if necessary but until we get the call we can’t assume anything :(
Yep that's what I'm doing as well b/c I have 1 A and don't want to mess things up with that school. An update about RWJMS: Dr. Copeland replied to my email today and told me that she expects movement to happen through the end of next week, but does not expect any movement after that. So I think if we don't hear back next week, that's it. :/

Yep that's what I'm doing as well b/c I have 1 A and don't want to mess things up with that school. An update about RWJMS: Dr. Copeland replied to my email today and told me that she expects movement to happen through the end of next week, but does not expect any movement after that. So I think if we don't hear back next week, that's it. :/
For the last couple of years, they hardly have any movement of HPWL. Prior to that they did have good movement. I wonder what has changed to cause this.

For the last couple of years, they hardly have any movement of HPWL. Prior to that they did have good movement. I wonder what has changed to cause this.
CYMS and the elimination of the MAR beginning in 2019.

Did anyone get the email about the high-priority cycle update?

Also, why is movement so slow this year? Even slower than last year?

Did anyone get the email about the high-priority cycle update?

Also, why is movement so slow this year? Even slower than last year?
Med school applications are up 20% this year so that maybe that’s playing a role. Also with the whole cycle being delayed cause of covid I wouldn’t be surprised if waitlist movement is also delayed. I do know that some schools have later CTE dates than usual so as those dates pass we may see some movement. I’m just guessing though.

Hi, I am applying this cycle and I was wondering if someone who applied last cycle has any advice or examples of the "Discuss a time you tried to right a perceived wrong, felt moved to speak up for someone, or took a stand against a situation you felt was unjust" question.

Hi, I am applying this cycle and I was wondering if someone who applied last cycle has any advice or examples of the "Discuss a time you tried to right a perceived wrong, felt moved to speak up for someone, or took a stand against a situation you felt was unjust" question.
I feel like it’s a fairly straight forward prompt that you can practically spin any experience to fit. pick a time where you witnessed or experienced something that you feel is wrong and did something to improve the situation. Could be as simple as standing up for the kid who eats paste in elementary school, volunteering for an organization which helps x group of people, helping a classmate to understand some social justice thing they previously couldn’t grasp, raising money for x initiative, advocating for someone/a group and so on

How many people do you guys think was accepted off of the High priority waitlist in the rank of highest priority 2020-2021 cycle?