2020-2021 Rutgers (Robert Wood Johnson)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone gotten a II yet that was complete at the end of July (07/30)?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
No way this school is still in mid-July for application reviews, right? I was complete 7/24 btw and have heard silence.

• Care
No way this school is still in mid-July for application reviews, right? I was complete 7/24 btw and have heard silence.

they're def not going in order. I was complete 8/20 but others were complete in Sept and got IIs if you look back in this thread.

Did any OOS report getting an II yet?

Reactions: 2 users
I think they’re going out of order? Was complete in Sept and got an II (I’m also IS)

I'm scheduling my MMI now and it's kinda weird, there are only like 5 dates with availabilities for the rest of the year, but there are 2-3 clustered availabilities on each day (i.e. 1:30pm, 2:15pm, 3pm). Given these clusters it seems unlikely that some some days already completely filled while others have many slots? I'm thinking that they have only 5 interview dates with multiple interviews going on during each time slot. Basically, based on what I'm seeing, I'm guessing there are still plenty of spots.

Either way, the earliest I'm seeing is Oct. 28th! Latest is Dec. 7th, and they DO NOT have rolling admissions so they make all their decisions after all of the Fall interviews are done (late December) and then they repeat for the Spring....I called Dr. Copeland today to confirm this.

Also I'm a reapplicant so I understand how much worse this process is the second time. No one should spend 2 years being judged like this. Good Luck!

What do you mean by "They repeat for the spring?"

RWJ is definitely my top choice but I haven't heard anything from them yet and I'm IS :( tbh haven't heard back from many schools at all and am starting to panic lol is anyone else in the same boat :// craving solidarity ://

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
RWJ is definitely my top choice but I haven't heard anything from them yet and I'm IS :( tbh haven't heard back from many schools at all and am starting to panic lol is anyone else in the same boat :// craving solidarity ://

I have 3 rejections and one hold, IS as well. We are one.

does anyone know about how long it takes after completing VITA for them to send the email to actually schedule the interview with them? I did VITA over the weekend and was just curious how long until I should expect to hear from them

does anyone know about how long it takes after completing VITA for them to send the email to actually schedule the interview with them? I did VITA over the weekend and was just curious how long until I should expect to hear from them

Usually within a day or so after VITA.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if we are allowed to write down brief notes during the 2 minutes given for each station of the MMI?

I wasn't able to make it to the pre-MMI informational session on Friday. Can someone fill me in here or through PM please ._. Also, GOOD LUCK to everyone interviewing tomorrow!

I wasn't able to make it to the pre-MMI informational session on Friday. Can someone fill me in here or through PM please ._. Also, GOOD LUCK to everyone interviewing tomorrow!

What pre-MMI session? I didn’t receive any email about this. How did you know about this? Wish I had known, then I would have attended. Is this only for people interviewing tomorrow?

What pre-MMI session? I didn’t receive any email about this. How did you know about this? Wish I had known, then I would have attended. Is this only for people interviewing tomorrow?

it was supposed to be on 10/23 at like 530 pm I think.

It was only for people interviewing 10/26 and 10/28

IS, secondary complete 8/26 and no communication since then. does anyone know if this means anything lol imdyinghere

Does anyone know for the pre MMI info session if we need our cameras on?

I was just able to reschedule my interview from january for next week, and so I was wondering if anyone has info on what the MMI meeting is??? (scheduled for 11/4 at 1pm)

I was just able to reschedule my interview from january for next week, and so I was wondering if anyone has info on what the MMI meeting is??? (scheduled for 11/4 at 1pm)
The meeting for the 11/4 and 11/10 was just talking about logistics. I'm not sure how far the MMI protection thing goes to not specify info but I literally would just email about the quick change and what to do for the MMI. I can say it pretty much is just click a button or two and everything else is really done for you.

The meeting for the 11/4 and 11/10 was just talking about logistics. I'm not sure how far the MMI protection thing goes to not specify info but I literally would just email about the quick change and what to do for the MMI. I can say it pretty much is just click a button or two and everything else is really done for you.
thank you!! and is it like interview attire or just casual?

wonder when the next round of II will go out lol its been so quiet from this school.. complete late july and nada :oops:

Reactions: 1 users
Got a II today! Holy ****.
Complete 9/3.

• Love
pls forgive me for a potentially stupid question/one that no one really knows the answer to but in general, if we don't receive any communication from a school while others who have been complete the same time are getting IIs/updates, should we assume Rs are on their way? still no IIs but one rejection so far so i'm frazzled and very paranoid lol

pls forgive me for a potentially stupid question/one that no one really knows the answer to but in general, if we don't receive any communication from a school while others who have been complete the same time are getting IIs/updates, should we assume Rs are on their way? still no IIs but one rejection so far so i'm frazzled and very paranoid lol
the general consensus seems to be that it isnt necessarily bad, but its not necessarily good either. Im in a similar boat. havent had anything except 2 holds/1 R. but out of those 1 was out of state school that was basically a donation.

the general consensus seems to be that it isnt necessarily bad, but its not necessarily good either. Im in a similar boat. havent had anything except 2 holds/1 R. but out of those 1 was out of state school that was basically a donation.

gotcha okay, yeah my one rejection was also an OOS state school not entirely surprised since I had no ties whatsoever but it still hurt a bit given I have no IIs yet haha. guess we'll just have to keep hanging on.

Any MMI advice? Seems like this one will go by quick, but I'm still feeling some nerves

are you interviewing today too? I've done a couple MMI but still nervous lol
Yep, I am! This is my first MMI, so I'm feeling the pressure. I hope it goes well for both of us! How have you been prepping?

Yep, I am! This is my first MMI, so I'm feeling the pressure. I hope it goes well for both of us! How have you been prepping?
thank you, you too!! honestly haven't been prepping too much for MMIs but I'm just trying to stay up to date on current events. then I kind of just go over some ethical medical questions in my head and run through everything. def not the best but if I prep too much I overthink it

I believe it's just an information session for applicants and gives you the opportunity to ask questions.
Okay thank you lol I had a minor freak out thinking the interview was more than just MMI

Has anyone sent a thank you letter for the interview/if so, who did you send it to?

Has anyone sent a thank you letter for the interview/if so, who did you send it to?
I didn't because it didnt really make sense to me/I wouldnt know what to put into the letter. If you find a reason to, you can send one to the admissions office

Does anyone know when in December they will give out responses?

II mid-October. Submitted late August. LM >68. OOS. ORM. Nontraditional.

Dream school, excited to interview for the 2nd group!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
IS, still haven't heard back since late august submission is anyone else in the same boat?

Reactions: 9 users