2020-2021 Saint Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II R today, complete in August

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Pre-II R just now OOS, complete mid-October. Kind of forgot I even applied to this place, so this email was abrupt wow.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Pre-II R.
No more alumni donations for them lol.

-your favorite (disowned) daughter of SLU

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R. Complete 9/12.

• Care
Does anyone know if SLU has a reputation for generous fin aid?

Anyone think more early feb people might hear back today?

Pre-II R, complete early October OOS

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how long they plan to continue interviewing? Or if they're just pruning down for possible last-minute interviews now? I've been eyeing my email all week but haven't gotten the pre-II R yet.

Last edited:
What time do decisions usually get released?
Went searching on their website to try to answer my above question and found this:
"By April 30, most applicants, except those on deferred status, will have received a final decision on their candidacy."

Does anyone know how long they plan to continue interviewing? Or if they're just pruning down for possible last-minute interviews now? I've been eyeing my email all well but haven't gotten the pre-II R yet.
I got an II last week and they had Monday and Tuesday this week and next week open but that was it. Obviously I can’t speak to if they’re going to interview any longer into March but that’s all that was open when I scheduled.

Pre-II R. Complete August. Worst R I received cause now I have to move from Stl. My top choice plus I actually work at SLU. But oh well!

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone received the “validation form” for the need based scholarship? I haven’t but it’s mentioned on their website....just want to know if it’s out of the question at this point 🥲😞

has anyone received the “validation form” for the need based scholarship? I haven’t but it’s mentioned on their website....just want to know if it’s out of the question at this point 🥲😞
also is anybody worried they’re not going to get enough loans to afford the tuition?? FAFSA doesn’t seem like it’s enough. I’m literally so worried about this.

also is anybody worried they’re not going to get enough loans to afford the tuition?? FAFSA doesn’t seem like it’s enough. I’m literally so worried about this.
me too. I don't have an acceptance anywhere yet, but if I were to I would contact the school's financial aid department at some point and ask because the estimate I received from fafsa is not enough.

me too. I don't have an acceptance anywhere yet, but if I were to I would contact the school's financial aid department at some point and ask because the estimate I received from fafsa is not enough.
I didn’t realize you could fill out the FAFSA prior to being accepted! When is it due?!

I didn’t realize you could fill out the FAFSA prior to being accepted! When is it due?!
I'm currently on the waitlist so I read that I could submit fafsa ahead of time in case of an acceptance so things could already be ready in the fortunate chance I am accepted. I'm pretty sure each school has a different deadline, but if you are accepted after the deadline I think the financial aid department works things out with you. I submitted fafsa earlier in case of the slightest chance that I can be considered for any scholarships or the like --which seem unlikely haha. You can always add more schools after submitting fafsa too.

I'm currently on the waitlist so I read that I could submit fafsa ahead of time in case of an acceptance so things could already be ready in the fortunate chance I am accepted. I'm pretty sure each school has a different deadline, but if you are accepted after the deadline I think the financial aid department works things out with you. I submitted fafsa earlier in case of the slightest chance that I can be considered for any scholarships or the like --which seem unlikely haha. You can always add more schools after submitting fafsa too.
Ohh good to know, thanks! I’m on a waitlist elsewhere, so I’ll look into that

Yeah I agree. And it looks like there is no way to access any information about the 2021-2022 school year through the portal. It says the instructions are in our emails, but it wasn't there either. I just sent an email to the financial services office, so I'll see what they say.
Any update? All I can see is my FAFSA has been received, want to make sure I don't **** myself out of potential aid by missing something

You should’ve filled out the FAFSA as soon as you started interviewing. Most of the schools I interviewed at were like, get it done ASAP. You can always adjust your school list on the FAFSA later if you get more interviews. If you haven’t yet, it might be too late since there are FAFSA deadlines for most schools.

There are extra loans you can take out through the government for grad school. I can’t remember the name of the loan. Most people use this to cover what base FAFSA loans don’t cover!

Edit: it’s a Grad Plus loan. They do check your credit history so if you have bad credit you may need a co-signer. You can take out up to the cost of attendance.

does anyone know what the chances of getting off the alt list are? both in general and specifically this year

Reactions: 3 users
Pre-II R. Complete late August. Man, I feel like the wait is the ultimate test of patience.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone who interviewed 2/2 heard anything? I thought they said it would be 4 weeks but it's been over 5 now!

did anyone who interviewed in January get an A or an R?? I'm seeing only WL

Are A and WL the only decisions after an interview or does SLU do post-interview R's as well?

I’m dying waiting for their fin aid offer— anyone hear anything yet?? Didn’t they say March for fin aid?

I’m dying waiting for their fin aid offer— anyone hear anything yet?? Didn’t they say March for fin aid?
I keep checking my SLU email every day to "view instructions about financial aid," but have not yet received anything :confused:

Wait, when did we get SLU emails? I registered on the portal thing but never got a new email to my knowledge
I think it's the Outlook email in the tools section of the portal. I've gotten nothing yet so far.

Are there any M3/M4's in here that I could DM for questions about SLU?

Wait, when did we get SLU emails? I registered on the portal thing but never got a new email to my knowledge
Did you not get the email on March 2nd about accessing SLU network? It said "We look forward to your matriculation in July, 2021. In preparation, you have been assigned a Banner ID and a SLUNet ID." then gives us the information and says
"You can use the info above to log into the MySLU.slu.edu portal. Click here to view instructions for first time MySLU users. If you have issues logging in, please contact ITS at 314-977-4000.

Your first activity on the SLU network will concern financial aid. You can log into your SLU e-mail to view instructions about financial aid. If you are waiting on this information and have not received it, please contact [email protected] for assistance"

Did you not get the email on March 2nd about accessing SLU network? It said "We look forward to your matriculation in July, 2021. In preparation, you have been assigned a Banner ID and a SLUNet ID." then gives us the information and says
"You can use the info above to log into the MySLU.slu.edu portal. Click here to view instructions for first time MySLU users. If you have issues logging in, please contact ITS at 314-977-4000.

Your first activity on the SLU network will concern financial aid. You can log into your SLU e-mail to view instructions about financial aid. If you are waiting on this information and have not received it, please contact [email protected] for assistance"
I got the email, just absent-minded and never checked my new SLU email, thanks!

+1, just realized I should check my SLU email. Just to confirm, they haven't sent out any financial aid info yet, right?
No, I emailed them to make sure I didn't miss anything and they said scholarships should be coming out very soon though. and only then do you have to fill anything out/send anything in

• Care
Never realized we could check SLU emails. Finally logged in today to discover 120+ emails going back to January, mostly from undergrad. Tried to carefully go through them but worried I missed financial aid emails or anything regarding the medical school. Did everyone else have this many sent to them??

Never realized we could check SLU emails. Finally logged in today to discover 120+ emails going back to January, mostly from undergrad. Tried to carefully go through them but worried I missed financial aid emails or anything regarding the medical school. Did everyone else have this many sent to them??
yeah also went thru them and didn't find anything. for peace of mind, you can go to the myslu portal and find the financial aid section, it should say your aid is undetermined, or just not have anything available for the 2021-2022 school year, so you'll know you haven't missed anything